The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Make 'x' Potions... Making potions SUCKS!!!

omfgitsbatman
omfgitsbatman
✭✭✭✭
How to make potions:
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Whine about how making potions sucks!!!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Whine some more....
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Vomit on screen.
Edited by omfgitsbatman on January 9, 2015 1:07AM
He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
Vet Maw 4/5

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obviously still recovering from New Years Eve >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multicraft addon might work. :#
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a valid point. Every barkeeper/alchemist would appreciate a make x potions function. Even if takes the same amount of time it would save pressing 'r' a hundred times...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How to make potions:
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Whine some more....
    Slit wrists.

Try leveling provisioning, I think it's even worse. ^^
    Wololo.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    How to make potions:
    Whine some more....
    Slit wrists.

Try leveling provisioning, I think it's even worse. ^^

Nah, provisioning is easy, once to start doing recipes above level twenty, you can go from level twenty recipes to maxed out provisioning in a single day, and that's without trying.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the system is designed to be more tactile - having the player less removed from the actual process of crafting.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multicraft addon is the balls, try it
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    Multicraft addon is the <censored>, try it

Err, still trying to figure that one out, I'm presuming it means it's good, but for the life of me I can't figure out why??
    Edited by AlexDougherty on January 6, 2015 1:18PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will be trying multicraft... but really shouldn't need an addon for that. Make 'X' Potions would be super easy to implement. If the intended purpose is to keep me engrossed in crafting, they could not have been further from the mark... I have my GF hit the R button repeatedly while I make a drink or take a leak. I've been thinking about buying one of those head bobbing birds to place on my keyboard.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, are you making a ton of the same potion for sale or for everyone in a guild to use or something? I ask because with the perks that give me 4 potions each time I hit R, I've never found it tedious to make all the potions I need for my own characters, or for the couple of people I've made potions for.

Of course, I tend not to use a ton of potions anyway (I really only play PvE, and it's uncommon for me to use even 1 potion in a boss fight), so that could be the difference too.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most PvP'ers are buying stacks and stacks. Or people are making stacks and stacks for their guilds. I generally get asked for about 5 to 10 stacks a day. So it's a whole lot of...

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'd love a way to insert a number of stacks you want to make somewhere.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    Multicraft addon is the balls, try it
    Not only will this add-on address your issue, it just got an update. Good til 1.6 :)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I burn through pots for myself- Argonian+NB+Alchemy = Amazing Potions, so I take advantage of it. I also provide many in my groups with them. I make stacks at a time to use/sell/give. Try making 600 potions and say that you don't find it to be the worst system ever.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Most PvP'ers are buying stacks and stacks. Or people are making stacks and stacks for their guilds. I generally get asked for about 5 to 10 stacks a day. So it's a whole lot of...

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'd love a way to insert a number of stacks you want to make somewhere.
    I burn through pots for myself- Argonian+NB+Alchemy = Amazing Potions, so I take advantage of it. I also provide many in my groups with them. I make stacks at a time to use/sell/give. Try making 600 potions and say that you don't find it to be the worst system ever.

Wow. Yeah, if you guys are making that many potions at a time I totally understand the frustration. That's got to be a major PITA. Suddenly I'm glad I mostly only make potions for myself, and that I don't actually use very many of them...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you don't have to hear the ingredients being spoken out for each one made like with enchanting.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    At least you don't have to hear the ingredients being spoken out for each one made like with enchanting.....

Too true! That was good for a nice chuckle :) Thanks!
    PC/NA/DC
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Rekura Makko Rekuta, I love that.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol... I'm an enchanter too. Definitely feel you there, but I only make a few enchants at any time... never in bulk.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I have an add-on that mutes the enchanting chants. I just couldn't stand hearing the names of each and every stone every time I make a glyph!

I can't remember the name of it, and I don't see it in Minion, so I'll have to update this post with the name of it when I get home tonight.

Edit: The name of the add-on is "Rapidchant".
    Edited by Tarukmockto on January 8, 2015 1:45AM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran into an oddity with MultiCraft. Hoping it was a fluke. But it ended up making a single patch of potions, in a chain of 25, that didn't have all 3 herbs. Took me awhile to figure out why I didn't have a full stack.

I thought it would work a lot differently, but I'm glad I don't have to spam R.