The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - Blood Knight"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster's Corner - Blood Knight."

Read up to learn more about this Templar build from Kristofer. Want to submit your build? Be sure to send it our way at community@elderscrollsonline.com.
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on January 6, 2015 4:49PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then, that happened.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i like this build
  • Lukeh Shadyvale
    Lukeh Shadyvale
    ✭✭✭
    I tried the build when I saw it on YT couple weeks back... I love seeing it in action but you need to be a decent player to play it. I suck at PvP so I'm screwed without my Blazing Spear and Blazing Shield spamming magicka pool!

Major props for an epic build though :D
    Lukeh Shadyvale | V14 Bosmer Templar | Ebonheart Pact | EU Nowhere
    Cyrodiil is only good for fishing.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably sub the repentance on the bow bar out for breath of life. Just something about having the same skill on bars seems wasteful, otherwise a very classy build.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    I'd probably sub the repentance on the bow bar out for breath of life. Just something about having the same skill on bars seems wasteful, otherwise a very classy build.

I believe the main reason it is there is so the +15% passive bonus to health and stamina regeneration remains active while using the bow. Think of it as analogous to having Inner Light on both bars.

Breath of Life is also very expensive and not all that effective without a magicka build. Blazing Shield is a far, far better use for your magicka.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRAP now people are gonna think that I copied this guy's build :(
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if they didnt want you to copy it they wouldnt share it
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    where is this blood magic of which is spoken of... ._.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably the best build I've read about on here. Solid option for non-healing, non-blazing shield-spamming, templar PVP.
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    where is this blood magic of which is spoken of... ._.

This isn't a blood knight. This dude just thought to himself "I think I will name this build blood knight."

Never mind the class in question is all fire and light magic. And the skills used have nothing to do with blood. This could be named Poison Knight and have more legitimacy than blood knight.

Naming your build after a item set is a bit ridiculous.
    Edited by navystylz_ESO on January 11, 2015 10:59PM
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the blood portion comes from the thought of repentance. Once you have corpses on the ground, you suck their death essence to replenish your health and stam. Blood may not be the best word but the ability is awesome nonetheless.
    Edited by Lord Xanhorn on January 12, 2015 7:22PM
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Well, no matter what the naming of the build, I actually enjoyed reading this one. The whole point of a build is the skills and play style to make it work... not the name?
  • Stucca
    Stucca
    "Shadow Walker (four pieces, obtained from V12 blue accessory boxes from the Cyrodiil accessory vendor) is the ideal accessory set, providing a good boost to weapon damage and stamina recovery. "

I would like to see where this vendor is. I just used 24800 Alliance points in useless blue plain shadowhide gear. This "ideal armor" you refer to does not exist anywhere in internet and I have not found any Shadow walker vendor. I challenge you to point exactly where this vendor is, what is his name and what exact item must be bought to get this *** armor!!??!!

Thanks to you I just lost 25 0000 APs.

Waiting for reply that I doubt will never appear.

• Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    Stucca wrote: »
    Thanks to you I just lost 25 0000 APs.
    ^I dont think you can blame the poster for your loss. Sounds like you should have done more research BEFORE spending 25k AP on blind chance vendor trash.

That being said, I think this is a good build but it is definitely not a prime example of a Templar class build. This is a weapon build demonstrating 2Hand and Bow strengths. Im sure any class can substitute in 3 of their abilities to accomplish much the same thing. It does, however, go to show that even a DPS challenged class like Templars can use the system to find good burst capability with just a bit of creativity.

Thanks for sharing Kristofer.
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this build on YT a month or so ago. Though I was already 2Hander spec'd, I decided to give the bow a shot to accompany my 2Handed sword. The gear options is where I actually started to truly learn about the crafting in this game.

I have fought against Kristofer a couple times on the battlefield and he most certainly has a grip on things. He's quite deadly! My first real battle with him came a few nights ago. It didn't help that it was 2am and I was already a zombie... but I did enjoy watching him destroy small numbers.

I have created a similar build only with me being a DK. I think this build works quite well as a DK with Green Dragon Blood as our heal and stam regen built in.

I hope to meet up again and fight sometime only I hope the next time I am more awake and ready!

I am looking forward to when 1.6 hits and Kristofer puts out some updated video footage displaying the greatly increased damage output of Stam builds.

Perhaps the battlefield won't be littered with a bunch of pajama wearing AoE spammers... instead, their corpses will litter the battlefield. haha
    Edited by Rohaus on February 16, 2015 7:05PM
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight