The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No maintence again ?! Pvp servers are melting !

Roechacca
Roechacca
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
ZOS Y U No Maintenace !??

Untitled_1.png
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit with the QQ...

Wait for 1.6.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quit with the QQ...

Wait for 1.6.

Rather they put all their labor to put out a playable 1.6 then put a bandage on a melting 1.5
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for 1.6 and all, but server maintenance would be greatly appreciated in the meantime. So much stuff bugging badly right now. I don't want to have to deal with these bugs for another month or more, but I guess if that's the trade-off... Just don't see why it is.
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the staff team has this view on the game at the moment.
    image.png
    Edited by sirston on January 5, 2015 6:39AM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't work it out, the last 2 months you could only assume ZOS is over it and trying to kill the game themselves.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    I can't work it out, the last 2 months you could only assume ZOS is over it and trying to kill the game themselves.

No they just don't think before they put stuff into development, that simple
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirston wrote: »

I worked out the PTS was for shiggles after the first patch, I'm more talking about;

- radio silence on the F2P issue which is off the charts in general
    - 30 CP debacle
    - getting players coming back ready for 1.6 and not doing mait you can tell the servers are struggling in PvP and PvE
    - general lack of communication on the entire champion system
    - no announce date for it on the PTS

all little things a few posts could correct and ease our minds but they just don't want to tell us..
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    Quit with the QQ...

Wait for 1.6.

Rather they put all their labor to put out a playable 1.6 then put a bandage on a melting 1.5

Maintenance still needs to be done. If you associate maintenance with a patch or update you are wrong. The servers surely need a reboot and to be checked over a 2-4 hour period.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance is needed. It wouldn't exist if it didn't. Updates and patches are a completely separate issue which should not effect each other. Now if there are concerns that bugs will be introduced or reintroduced then ZoS should just communicate the same to all the subscribers and put a stop to all the speculation.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a manditory maintenance thats long overdue is nessesary, dont be BS'ng wait till 1.6
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't 1.6 coming in February? That'd be over a month with no maintenance... seems a bit of a stretch. I'm sure we'll get a maintenance or two before then. Unless 1.6 is coming out sooner.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 5, 2015 2:12PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How it's works in Zos:
    Does it affect PvE? -Yes!-> Fix it!!
    Does it affect PvP? -Yes!-> It can wait!!!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    How it's works in Zos:
    Does it affect PvE? -Yes!-> Fix it!!
    Does it affect PvP? -Yes!-> It can wait!!!

Except the lack of maintenance is most definitely affecting PvE.
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos aren't providing adequate service for the value of the money we supply them... although, if you read the terms of service, Zos aren't legally responsible for the quality of the service they're supplying and if you don't like it: unsub. lol

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos is on vacation
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They won that MMO of year award N are still partying I bet .
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »

They beat LotRo bro, I have played better flash games than that glossy version of runescape.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda goes like this:

Server has x amount of cache space and auto-dumping tables/truncating table technology.

If x > tablesize restart
    if x < tablesize don't

there are a myriad of reasons to not shut down the servers, just as many reasons as to why they need to.

I don't think their network engineers give 0 things about what the suits say tbh. If the server needs to come down it will.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »

They beat LotRo bro, I have played better flash games than that glossy version of runescape.

Ya I know . The secret world too . I've played both .
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I worked out the PTS was for shiggles after the first patch, I'm more talking about;

- 30 CP debacle
    - getting players coming back ready for 1.6 and not doing mait you can tell the servers are struggling in PvP and PvE

all little things a few posts could correct and ease our minds but they just don't want to tell us..

I view there not responding directly to the free 2 play comments since they will get back lash either way they go, if they do sadly go f2p every member will rumble about it, and if they don't go f2p every gaming news company will rumble about it, so there best bets is to kinda slid it into an Eso live episode and kinda mellow tone the whole thing.
    For the rest of the things such as players coming back, not announcing PTS, and general lack of communication is something I expect from this company since it is a really slow paced company, and they really only have like three HR representative's who respond to the community.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- 30 CP debacle

I view there not responding directly to the free 2 play comments since they will get back lash either way they go, if they do sadly go f2p every member will rumble about it, and if they don't go f2p every gaming news company will rumble about it, so there best bets is to kinda slid it into an Eso live episode and kinda mellow tone the whole thing.
    For the rest of the things such as players coming back, not announcing PTS, and general lack of communication is something I expect from this company since it is a really slow paced company, and they really only have like three HR representative's who respond to the community.

The game isnt going F2P. There are those out there that just love to see the world burn, are obsessed with their "predictions" being fulfilled, that they will literally latch on to any sign or even perception as their verification.

Go type in Elder Scrolls Online into google sometime, and just read all of the speculation crap. its all copy pasta of each other, and most of it from negative bloggers that pretty much hate on everything.

I dont deal in speculation, I deal in facts. Until such time as Zenimax formally announces a change, I will not change my belief. The last statement made on it, they said they have no plans to change their subscription model. Until they say otherwise, its just people playing guessing games.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit with the QQ...

Wait for 1.6.

Just because someone is asking a question doesn't mean they are immediately QQing. I was getting hit with terrible lag earlier not anywhere near a keep that was making the game and combat almost unplayable.
    ~Thallen~
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole 'F2P issue' does not exist. Just because some seriously *** websites create clickbait articles does not turn something into an 'issue'.
  • Lukeh Shadyvale
    Lukeh Shadyvale
    ✭✭✭
    Maintenance Completed on EU server like.. 5 hours ago...
    Lukeh Shadyvale | V14 Bosmer Templar | Ebonheart Pact | EU Nowhere
    Cyrodiil is only good for fishing.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You ZOS for ending the madness .