The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

word about stealth

apterous
apterous
✭✭✭
i was away for 6 months, half a year and when i come back i see that zenimax still hasn't fixed stealth, i keep getting pulled out from it as usual. is it really that hard to fix?
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why, oh why, did I click on the thread title? >.<
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    what do you mean exactly?
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stealth is still broken
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe you are like me an you like to see comedy ensue . >:)
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your talking about Shadow Cloak and its morphs, then yup still broken.. been 8 mos plus..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth=broken
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    apterous wrote: »
    what do you mean exactly?

Honestly, I meant that I regretted reading this thread because I was tempted to resspond to your dismissively worded complaint by saying something snarky. Your post seems whiny to me.

Seriously though... I agree that both stealth and Cloak seem glitchy.

Even though they're glitchy and unpredictable, Dark Cloak is essential to my build because of the DoT purge and the increased armor. I seem to get both of those benefits 99% of the time, even if the actual stealth effect glitches.

Cloak and plain old stealth are integral to my entire playstyle; glitchy or not, I still use them to good effect. My build is fun, and it works.

So I don't complain about it... but it would be nice if it was more consistent--99.999% is better than 99% for something that is relied upon for clutch moments.
    Edited by Lynnessa on January 4, 2015 6:56PM
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    my problem is mainly that i run more quickly out of mana if i have to spam stealth becouse broken mechanics pull me out all the time becouse of skills that i use. not trying to whine or anything but i was not playing this game in half a year and this is still an issue. just amazed.
    here's a link that describes the matter
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=T6tG_aLSXfQ
    Edited by apterous on January 4, 2015 11:09PM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Blades, I summon thee!
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Forum Blades, I summon thee!

All the posting from NBs in the world still won't summon a Dev answer.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had those issues in ages......My only complaint about cloak is the number of skills that still don't get LoS'd by going into cloak and the skill still hits you. I can cloak and still be taken out of stealth by people who are charging at me with thinks like critical rush or invasion even if I cloaked before they even came close to me. I also notice certain skills like crushing shock will still land even once stealthed. Other than that it has saved my life countless times. People just need to learn the mechanics better and ZoS needs to make cloak break line of sight against all skills. That wouldn't be OP, it would be working as it should as seen by many skills that are LoS'd by it.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apterous wrote: »
    my problem is mainly that i run more quickly out of mana if i have to spam stealth becouse broken mechanics pull me out all the time becouse of skills that i use. not trying to whine or anything but i was not playing this game in half a year and this is still an issue. just amazed.
    here's a link that describes the matter
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=T6tG_aLSXfQ

My first NB (VR6) has much more magicka than stamina, so I don't run low on magicka too soon when using Cloak (Shadow Disguise morph).

But MY problem is that it often works "too good", enemies often just stop combat right after I press the button to go invisible, then they just run back to the place they came from and reset their health to 100%, as if I've never been there.
    It's really odd how different these bugs are for the individual players.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth has never worked to expectation. Since it was never right in the first place that can only be its functional original state. Working as Intended©
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.