The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hoarding drinks..

KBKB
KBKB
✭✭✭✭✭
got 30 stacks ready to go about 2 weeks after we can use both drinks and food at the same time! how many have you guys got?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None, I'm not that worried, drinks have always been easy to craft for me, and the regen bonuses while nice are not worth clogging up my inventory.

Now if I was selling, then it would be another matter.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, but hoarding brewing ingredients. I expect an initial flooding of the market with drinks and since food doesn't sell that overly well, but ingredients do... well, here's hoping my stocks survive the revamp and won't go stale.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not making any food/drink stockpiles until i find some good vr10 recipes :)
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how people are trusting/believing that ZOS won't make every single food, drink, ingredient, and recipe completely unusable when they do the "revamp"...
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    It's funny how people are trusting/believing that ZOS won't make every single food, drink, ingredient, and recipe completely unusable when they do the "revamp"...

I certainly understand and share your sentiment. Even though I think ZOS would be idiots to nullify all existing ingredients, food and beverages, I do think there is a chance this could happen. The player outrage would exceed that of the Champion System if ZOS expired all current items which might prevent that from happening.

Nonetheless, I have been saving all VR5 beverage ingredients as I come across them. I have not been hunting or farming them yet as I will wait to see what happens on the PTS.
    Edited by LonePirate on January 5, 2015 8:04PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »

More like people are aware that ZOS has to know that if they did that a huge portion of their base would quit in disgust.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting to me: due to work being crazy for a few months I've been pretty much MIA from the forums, not playing that much (a couple of hours a week), and not paying attention to the news from ZOS. In other words, this is the first I'm hearing that we're going to be able to use drinks and food at the same time.

I'm super stoked! I'm so used to completely ignoring the drinks, and it'll be great to finally be able to use them without feeling like it'd be so much better if I used food instead!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't ZOS already say existing ingredients would go "stale" when provisioning was revamped?
    Would be better to make drinks and food sooner than later, I think.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hoarding purple recipes, in hopes they will be worth more after the update. I know this is likely a BAD move to do, given how updates have been over the course of time.

I had several purple recipes I held onto from July, and they've dropped in value from 10k to 2k. So I feel like it can't be any worse!

I've also been trying to buy up the harder/out of alliance recipes (green and blue) when I see them. Just in case. I really do hope they make provisioning more involved. So many ingredients, so little use for 95% of them.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By having ingredients sourced in clear ways and using combinations of food items instead of tiers of ingredients, we will be able to cut the number of ingredients in half while still providing just as many recipes as we have now (if not more). This will require most, if not all, of the existing recipes to be changed to accommodate this new paradigm.

Our current plan is to replace existing recipes and Provisioning items with the ones from the new system, matching quality as much as possible. Any additional unused basic ingredients from the previous incarnation of the system will be changed to “stale” versions of themselves, and we’d like to include some way to offload them that provides value.

I guess not everything will go stale or be useless.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but that was awhile ago now. And she's CS/PR, so who knows what has changed in development. My guess is that was the brainstorming phase. And given how players react, it serves them no purpose to let us know anything until it's ready. I'm sure most, if not all, of that has changed in some fashion as we get closer to the PTS release.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on January 6, 2015 6:11PM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Current mode of thinking from my circle is to make sure you know at least one recipe from each level of each type of each color group just to cover your bases.

Example: Level 5 - Grilled learn a green and blue, Soups learn a green and blue, etc…

Potentially no need to know all three faction's Level 5 Grilled greens or blues in order to "qualify" for the new Level 5 Grilled. TOTAL SPECULATION of course.

Can't wait to get cooking on PTS and know for sure...
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    By having ingredients sourced in clear ways and using combinations of food items instead of tiers of ingredients, we will be able to cut the number of ingredients in half while still providing just as many recipes as we have now (if not more). This will require most, if not all, of the existing recipes to be changed to accommodate this new paradigm.

Our current plan is to replace existing recipes and Provisioning items with the ones from the new system, matching quality as much as possible. Any additional unused basic ingredients from the previous incarnation of the system will be changed to “stale” versions of themselves, and we’d like to include some way to offload them that provides value.

I guess not everything will go stale or be useless.

Hmmm.... I recalled that as unused food/drink is made stale. Time to divest Ingredients or make Food :).

# Edit: In fact I would prefer that they stale the Food/Drinks and change the ingredients. The rare ingredients are harder to obtain after all.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on January 6, 2015 11:07PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    My plan was to cover all my bases and learn all 350+ recipes in game. I'm close (missing less than 40 now), but those pesky lvl10-15 recipes are annoyingly hard to find. I've tried to buy all I can find in Guild Kiosks, but they can run 10K+ gold because they are so rare.
    Amazing that recipes that have no relevance in game can sell for such high prices simply because there are enough other collectors like me.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My plan was to cover all my bases and learn all 350+ recipes in game. I'm close (missing less than 40 now), but those pesky lvl10-15 recipes are annoyingly hard to find. I've tried to buy all I can find in Guild Kiosks, but they can run 10K+ gold because they are so rare.

Your best course of action would be to create a new alt and do nothing but farm for the recipes and complete the daily Provisioning crafting writ. You will receive a recipe for that writ so it might be one you need. Once you outlevel the recipes you seek, delete the character and repeat the process.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @LonePirate, I actually have 6 alts from lvl12 to lvl16, two ea in the three factions specifically to farm for the missing recipies! One at lower end and one at upper end in ea faction, because I read a theory that some of the lvl10 &15's don't drop until past lvl10 &lvl15. Not sure I can prove that theory one way or the other at this point.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tatukmockto, you should drop the L15-L16's. My experience with Recipe Farming has been that once you hit L15 you only get L20 recipes out of containers. The only time you are likely to get a regional recipe after you get to L15 is if you get it randomly, from killing an appropriately levelled NPC.

After that Provisioning Writs might be the only possibility.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on January 7, 2015 11:15PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Your best course of action would be to create a new alt and do nothing but farm for the recipes and complete the daily Provisioning crafting writ. You will receive a recipe for that writ so it might be one you need. Once you outlevel the recipes you seek, delete the character and repeat the process.

When employing a new alt, you might as well grind it as far as you can get. Mobs do drop recipes and - at least for me and up until now - the rarer green ones, duplicates too.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've started to hedge my bets - putting aside half of my ingredients and cooking up the other half, both food and drink. Surely ZOS won't make both the ingredients and the end products go stale?!

What is really confusing, and we could do with a little help from ZOS here, is why they are bringing in VR10 foods in 1.6 and then removing VR levels in 1.7. So we will get a one-off chance to get VR10 foods that will go come release 1.7?

Wouldn't be surprised if everything goes stale at 1.7.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've started to hedge my bets - putting aside half of my ingredients and cooking up the other half, both food and drink. Surely ZOS won't make both the ingredients and the end products go stale?!

What is really confusing, and we could do with a little help from ZOS here, is why they are bringing in VR10 foods in 1.6 and then removing VR levels in 1.7. So we will get a one-off chance to get VR10 foods that will go come release 1.7?

Wouldn't be surprised if everything goes stale at 1.7.

We will have several weeks notice of what we need to do when 1.6 hits the PTS & we've got patch notes... there's no need to be panic crafting yet.... we'll have plenty of time. Keep the ingredients... you can always craft them once we know whats going on when the PTS version hits.

It won't be a temp thing between 1.6-1.7.... the recipes etc will I'm sure be useful or why would they bother..... I'd be pretty sure they will just follow the same kind of structure that they are thinking of for the rest of the gear..... just a shame they haven't announced what this is yet! ;)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)