The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

what is?

Iago
Iago
✭✭✭✭✭
What is a pugger?
That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    What is a pugger?

A term used to describe a person who is a total individual. They don't care what anyone thinks of them and they do what they please.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A person who is part of a pick-up-group (a PUG). A group of players which was formed ad-hoc, and generally does not have much organization(like voice chat etc.)
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really? I was just wondering because I have noticed the term come up in the forums a few times and have seen people seeking out puggers for their groups in zone chat.

Thanks for the info. :D
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    really? I was just wondering because I have noticed the term come up in the forums a few times and have seen people seeking out puggers for their groups in zone chat.

Thanks for the info. :D

I didn't know this for a long time either. Since English is not my language, I translated that word (pug) and the result was a "Mops" (German word for "pug") which is a dog with that crumply face. Afterwards I was even more confused than before ;)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us prefer PUGs to formal groups. You meet more people and make more friends and don't run into as many min-max'ers, elitists, arrogant asses, jerks, etc.

Grouping is the inherent social part of the game; but too often it is the vehicle by which on-line bullies try to denigrate others ("Why are you using that build? Only stupid people use a build like that!"), impress others with their "epeeness" ("Look at my armor! See my skills! See how well I use exploits!"), or just be rude.

Formal groups invariably want to rush through quests and dungeons, so you never get to stop and smell the roses.

I am a PUGGER. PUGs are much more enjoyable and this is a game, not a job.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us prefer PUGs to formal groups. You meet more people and make more friends and don't run into as many min-max'ers, elitists, arrogant asses, jerks, etc.

Grouping is the inherent social part of the game; but too often it is the vehicle by which on-line bullies try to denigrate others ("Why are you using that build? Only stupid people use a build like that!"), impress others with their "epeeness" ("Look at my armor! See my skills! See how well I use exploits!"), or just be rude.

Formal groups invariably want to rush through quests and dungeons, so you never get to stop and smell the roses.

Hell that sounds like my kinda group. Next time they ask for one in Zone Chat Has no Scales is going to jump on that like Sheogorath on a cheese reference.

-Thomas Pain

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUG short for 'Pick Up Group' (as in pick up anyone to form a random group)

PUGGER, someone who likes random pick up groups.
    Edited by Natjur on January 4, 2015 9:38PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^^^^^^^ This is what the game is about finding random players haveing fun makeing new friends and enjoying yourself not being these elitest jerks putting down any one who is free thinking.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, all this free thought is giving me a raging clue! J/K, some players are pretty lame, but usually only on the forums.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on January 4, 2015 10:26PM
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like running hard dungeons with my guild. But if someone is needing help then I'm all about being PUGed
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    OMG, all this free thought is giving me a raging clue! J/K, some players are pretty lame, but usually only on the forums.

your marklars are wise. especially the reference you made to marklar since it is one of my favorite marklars.

Southpark is awesome

-Thomas Pain

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Me.

I prefer to play solo, only grouping up for dungeons and a world boss every now and then.

The only time I ever turn into a follow the leader type a guy is in PvP(which I am not playing because I recently acted like an a** on the forums and do not deserve to PvP after what I did) when I am playing with my PvP guild, but Even then I usually split up from the group to tackle the enemy my own way.

In other words: a pug is a random individual that prefers to do things their own way, like the first poster said.
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Me.

I prefer to play solo, only grouping up for dungeons and a world boss every now and then.

The only time I ever turn into a follow the leader type a guy is in PvP(which I am not playing because I recently acted like an a** on the forums and do not deserve to PvP after what I did) when I am playing with my PvP guild, but Even then I usually split up from the group to tackle the enemy my own way.

In other words: a pug is a random individual that prefers to do things their own way, like the first poster said.

No.

PUG is short for pick-up group. A pugger is someone who pugs.

-Everytime you use the LFG tool(and actually find a group) you are a pugger.
    -Everytime you answer a LFG zone chat message and then join the group you are a pugger.

Pugging has nothing to do with being an individual or doing things your own way.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be the bad guy....sometimes a pugger is that S/B NB, with resto offhand claiming to be DPS who has trouble getting groups because people who have ran with them know their DPS is really, really... bad (for examples sake)

Yeah I know, its sounds totally elitist...but it is what it is. I'm sorry :\
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!