The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grinding to a Halt -> The EXP Problem

Goldie
Goldie
✭✭✭✭✭
I am so tired of questing and grinding is about to drive me insane! I am vr2 and I am getting more exp for killing vr1 Dreugh than I am vr3 Dreugh. Doesn't matter where I go or what I fight the most exp per kill I can get is around 600. That means I would have to kill roughly 1700 Dreugh to gain a level. Currently I am killing about 110 an hour, and that a rough guess, its probably less.

Really losing interest fast, is there any other way?!

Please Help!!!
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn Spellscar
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn Spellscar

I tried that, doesn't seem to be much more exp then the Dreugh in stonefalls.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Craglorn Spellscar

I tried that, doesn't seem to be much more exp then the Dreugh in stonefalls.
    It isn't, it's that Spellscar has MORE enemies in closer range to another pack of enemies and with the right build you can pull 2-3 groups at a time for faster XP. The XP gain is exactly the same PER enemy. Grinding still sucks though and ZoS is kind of addressing this in 1.6 with an increase to XP gain in Dungeons and PvP, but it's a band-aid on a bigger problem.
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    Stop grinding and just wait for 1.7 update. Then your vr2 will be in level cap.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    murmur wrote: »

So you are telling a fellow player to stop playing for 4 months? Derp!

There are two good grinds in the game if you really, really want to level quickly.

First, there is Rkund grind in Craglorn (two people need to be grouped, and you repeatedly kill the monsters in the first part of the dungeon). Some people say you get 500k exp an hour. I'd say this number is a little high.

Second, there is Craglorn Spellscar. If you want to get good exp here, you need to SOLO and pull 15 or more mobs at a time (3+ groups per pull). If you do it correctly, you will max out at 650k exp per hour. I did this two weeks ago and went from VR1 to VR14 in four days (25 total gameplay hours). Your exp will drop significantly if there are multiple people trying to kill the same monsters. Go to the Flame Atro or the Storm Atro side.
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    murmur wrote: »

So you are telling a fellow player to stop playing for 4 months? Derp!

Well if one wants to level without questing or grinding, it's either wait for veteran level removal or do pvp (and remember to not take any pvp objective quests while you doing it, because it might be classed as questing then)
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so tired of questing and grinding is about to drive me insane! I am vr2 and I am getting more exp for killing vr1 Dreugh than I am vr3 Dreugh. Doesn't matter where I go or what I fight the most exp per kill I can get is around 600. That means I would have to kill roughly 1700 Dreugh to gain a level. Currently I am killing about 110 an hour, and that a rough guess, its probably less.

Please Help!!!

So that is 15,5 hours of Grinding per level therel? How is that a lot?
    You can always go to Spellscar though.

I remember on my main, it took me 40 hours to get through each zone. I know I was playing casually and literally exploring everything. However I never felt like it's "too much". To each their own right.
    Edited by Bloodfang on January 4, 2015 9:19AM
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despair9 wrote: »

Please Help!!!

So that is 15,5 hours of Grinding per level therel? How is that a lot?
    You can always go to Spellscar though.

I remember on my main, it took me 40 hours to get through each zone. I know I was playing casually and literally exploring everything. However I never felt like it's "too much". To each their own right.

It feels like I hit a wall as soon as I hit level 50. In 2 weeks ive been able to go from vr1 to vr3. I don't wan tto have to spend 12 hours a day on a character to gain one and a half levels... that's insane!

Now im reading that they are doing away with Veteran ranks all together, and anyone leveled past vr14 is getting reverted back to lvl 50... So why am I even leveling past vr1?!?!

Well, for starters, you cant compete in any populated pvp server unless you are v14. Vr1 or vr2 just doesn't cut it, and even in a group your chances of getting 1 shotted are pretty high.

second, what about all this vr14 gear I have been saving for my other characters once THEY hit vr14? How is this going to work?!

I am greatly discouraged and losing interest here... Im a lifelong Elder Scrolls fan, have been since the (late) Arena release, but this game is anything but elder scrolls... It has is the names and places, but none of the familiar Elder Scrolls gameplay...
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has the names and places, but none of the familiar Elder Scrolls gameplay...

That's because every other Elder Scrolls game was a single player RPG and not an MMO.
  • Mamox
    Mamox
    Soul Shriven
    Sigh yet someone else who expects this game to be Skyrim 2 or the next elder scrolls title but coop.

Look man this is an MMO first and an elder scrolls game second. It has to stick to the things that make an MMO an MMO at its core.

"It has none of the elder scrolls gameplay" is like saying the Halo RTS that came out "has none of the halo gameplay!" Of course it doesn't it isn't IN THE SAME GENRE ITS A DIFFERENT GENRE OF GAME IN THE HALO WORLD.

Now that you understand that, apply the same logic to ESO. Still not sayisfied? You, sir, don't like MMO's it seems. Nothing is making you play an MMO when they aren't your style of game just because it has the elder scrolls title on it.
    Edited by Mamox on January 4, 2015 9:14PM
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mamox wrote: »
    Sigh yet someone else who expects this game to be Skyrim 2 or the next elder scrolls title but coop.

Look man this is an MMO first and an elder scrolls game second. It has to stick to the things that make an MMO an MMO at its core.

"It has none of the elder scrolls gameplay" is like saying the Halo RTS that came out "has none of the halo gameplay!" Of course it doesn't it isn't IN THE SAME GENRE ITS A DIFFERENT GENRE OF GAME IN THE HALO WORLD.

Now that you understand that, apply the same logic to ESO. Still not sayisfied? You, sir, don't like MMO's it seems. Nothing is making you play an MMO when they aren't your style of game just because it has the elder scrolls title on it.

Look at how fast you people are to jump on the wagon.

There are a LOT of things that they could have implemented to make this game more Elder Scrolls like. I understand this is an MMO ron, but it IS also an Elder Scrolls game. I do not expect this to be "skyrim 2" so take your "sigh" back to your troll cave.

"An Elder Scrolls game second..." therein lies the problem...
    Edited by Goldie on January 4, 2015 9:56PM