The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm not getting mail from hireling

OrphanHelgen
OrphanHelgen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
When I arrived home after a couple of days, my alt didnt get mail from enchanting hireling. It is lvl 25 and have 2/3 points at hireling. My VR14 got all mails. This morning it still have'nt recieved any mail from hireling on my alt. My VR14 got all mails again, no problem. What is this?
PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I arrived home after a couple of days, my alt didnt get mail from enchanting hireling. It is lvl 25 and have 2/3 points at hireling. My VR14 got all mails. This morning it still have'nt recieved any mail from hireling on my alt. My VR14 got all mails again, no problem. What is this?

I've had the same problem with different characters before, too. Sometimes it was solved by doing nothing and the mail arrived the next day (or later), or one time it also started to work again after repairing the game (as annoying as it is, I know).
    Last time this happened was just yesterday with one character, today the mail arrived like normal. This time I did not repair the game (or anything else).
    I don't know why it's buggy sometimes.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raygee wrote: »

I've had the same problem with different characters before, too. Sometimes it was solved by doing nothing and the mail arrived the next day (or later), or one time it also started to work again after repairing the game (as annoying as it is, I know).
    Last time this happened was just yesterday with one character, today the mail arrived like normal. This time I did not repair the game (or anything else).
    I don't know why it's buggy sometimes.

Thanks alot :-) Have to check again tomorrow then. I can send in a bug report, since this is a more serious bug then a flower you cant pick up or something. We are investing skill points in this.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right, first things first, did you know that the timer for when you get the next mail is activated by you logging out?

So if you get the mail and keep playing for another three hours (for example), you won't get the next mail for twenty seven hours (24H + 3H).

Now that's out of the way, given that you mentioned your VR14 getting his mails, it seems likely that you logged out, got the mails from the other character, and logged back to continue playing, in which case you might want to send a bug report in game.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right, first things first, did you know that the timer for when you get the next mail is activated by you logging out?

So if you get the mail and keep playing for another three hours (for example), you won't get the next mail for twenty seven hours (24H + 3H).

Now that's out of the way, given that you mentioned your VR14 getting his mails, it seems likely that you logged out, got the mails from the other character, and logged back to continue playing, in which case you might want to send a bug report in game.

Just so I understand you correctly: You are saying that the timer starts when I log out? I can in that case confirm that is it not like that. I have gotten hirelings mails when I am playing, without logging out. Usually it arrives after a loading (shrine port or something).
    You are saying that when I log out, the timer starts, and I have to wait 24 hours. I have gotten mail, played for many hours to late night, logged of, and get up again after 6 hours, and recieve another mail from hirelings. This is when I have invested 4 points in hirelings, and it gets every 12 hours. But anyway, it doesnt seems for me that the timer is starting after I log out? Maybe I am wrong, but where is this information?

When I went for holiday, I played and logged out on both characters the same day. I was away for 4 days. It is now the 5th day and I still have'nt got mail for my alt. THAT seams like a bug for me :smile:

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just so I understand you correctly: You are saying that the timer starts when I log out? I can in that case confirm that is it not like that. I have gotten hirelings mails when I am playing, without logging out. Usually it arrives after a loading (shrine port or something).
    You are saying that when I log out, the timer starts, and I have to wait 24 hours. I have gotten mail, played for many hours to late night, logged of, and get up again after 6 hours, and recieve another mail from hirelings. This is when I have invested 4 points in hirelings, and it gets every 12 hours. But anyway, it doesnt seems for me that the timer is starting after I log out? Maybe I am wrong, but where is this information?

The timer used to be started when you logged out of the character, which is why the tooltip reads the way it does. If it isn't, then I'm not sure when it changed, it was even confirmed by Mods. But that was in a thread from about six months ago, I'm not going to go trawling for it.

When my mail comes in, I immediately log out of that character, and log into the other three who get mails, and straight out again. Then I relog in again with each one to bank mats, and to see what research I need to start.
    When I went for holiday, I played and logged out on both characters the same day. I was away for 4 days. It is now the 5th day and I still have'nt got mail for my alt. THAT seams like a bug for me :smile:

Sounds like a bug, send an in game bug report, and post on Customer Services forum, that way they will log it as a bug.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they mentioned changing that in 1.4 so the timer is set to whichever time you got the last email or as soon as you logon after the time period is over.

I have found that they have an annoying bug where they won't activate, if you are slightly early, unless you leave the region. That means you either have to wayshrine to a different region or enter a delve.

However not receiving the email after more than 24 hours is almost certainly a bug IMO.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can definitely confirm the timer is not started by logging out.......

My family often hear me say.....

''Oh crap I've really been online too long today''

This statement is always elicited by me receiving my second set of Hireling mails during one playtime!! :D
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems if you wait longer on a hireling (like miss 3 days) you get more yellow items. I will do more testing, but it seems like number of missed mails (logged off time) the better the items. It has been really noticeable on my second account that is only used for crafting that I forgot to check over the holidays.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, they mentioned changing that in 1.4 so the timer is set to whichever time you got the last email or as soon as you logon after the time period is over.

I have found that they have an annoying bug where they won't activate, if you are slightly early, unless you leave the region. That means you either have to wayshrine to a different region or enter a delve.

However not receiving the email after more than 24 hours is almost certainly a bug IMO.

I didn't use a shrine or anything. Maybe that was the problem then. If this bug happens again in the future, I will try travel to another zone or something. I got my hireling mail btw now :) And thanks for the answers. A little side information: It seams like you only get kutas if you invest in that skill line which allow you to make kuta quality. So only 4 skills in hirelings are not enough.. It seams, but I don't know for sure.

• kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are on holidays.