The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Value of crafting profession level question

Tomg999
Tomg999
✭✭✭✭
I have a VR3 crafting char who has all of the passive abilities (that I care about). Crafting is at 45 - is there any reason to advance the crafting profession level to 50?
Edited by Tomg999 on January 2, 2015 6:32PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necessary, no. There are crafting achievements, though I can't recall if you have to be at level 50. I think the main reason people have pushed to level 50, me included, is the satisfaction of reaching highest possible level. Also, if that level is ever increased, we are at an advantage to reach new level.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are dyes awarded for the achievement at level 50. That's currently the only reason to do it other than a sense of completion and mastery.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apart from the Dyes, and a level 48 Passive on one of the crafts, no, no reason.

At level 40 you can craft every material and every style (Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal and Daedric all have a minimum investment in first passive for blacksmithing, woodcraft or clothing, which have level requirements).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did it because Im sure that gap will be filled in at some point. I want to be a step ahead of everyone when that happens.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I did it because Im sure that gap will be filled in at some point. I want to be a step ahead of everyone when that happens.
    Not a step ahead of 'everyone'. There will be a few others if they add room to grow. See you on the starting line. ;)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options