The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

game freezes when trying to log into any of my characters(at loading screen)

nima007
nima007
Soul Shriven
i had this problem since last night exactly after i activated a time card for game to play it. i played the game for three months in summer never had this problem i need to use task manager to close the game because its not responding i repaired it two times it didn't fixed anything and i submitted a two tickets to CS no answer yet (i don't have any addons or network problems firewall is allowing access.)i am pretty sure its something from EU servers or a game bug that caused after one of updates please find a solution for this i am losing my game time that i payed for it.
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 3, 2022 1:53PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @nima007: you probably posted in the wrong section of the forum, since this one is reserved for the PTS (Public Test Server)

Do you get any error code? How far does the game load? Do you reach character selection or does it stop before?

@ZOS_GaryA
    Edited by Gyudan on January 1, 2015 3:11PM
    Wololo.
  • nima007
    nima007
    Soul Shriven
    no i don't receive any error code the game just freezes and yes i can reach character menu but after that when i want to load any of them it get stuck in loading screen and i need to go for task manager .
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @nima007,

Pretty much the same questions @Gyudan asked :P.
    1. Do you receive an error message?
    2. Does the game freeze completely, or are you able to back out and try another character?
    3. At what point does the game freeze? The steps in the process are Hit play from the launcher, hit login after entering credentials, loading screen 1, character selection, "Requesting Character Load", loading screen 2, in game.
    4. Have you submitted a game consultant Report.txt to customer support? If so, what is the ticket number?

Thanks for your patience!

EDIT: Also, moved this to the regular Customer Support forum. If this is indeed a PTS question, let us know and we can move it right back!
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on January 1, 2015 3:18PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • nima007
    nima007
    Soul Shriven
    i just said that i don't get any error code.and yes it freeze completely i cant do anything.it freeze at loading screen 2.the ticket number is 150101-000242. (i submitted a game consultant report) and sry about posting this in PTS my issue is for the game itself
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @nima007,

We don't see anything on the report.txt that would indicate any sort of issue. You mentioned in the ticket that you've already tried a repair, but just for good measure, give it one more shot.

If the second repair doesn't work, we've sent you a PM with some additional steps. Give those a shot and let us know if they help!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The loading screen after an update is usually quite long. Maybe the amount of heavy updates we've had since this summer is making things worse.
    It's a one-time thing after each update. All the following loading screens pre-character page are almost instant.

Is the ouroboros (circle) in the bottom right corner still spinning while you get this loading screen? It may stop at times, but as long as it's spinning, the game is probably still loading.
    Edited by Gyudan on January 1, 2015 3:42PM
    Wololo.
  • nima007
    nima007
    Soul Shriven
    no it stops from spinning
  • Dingodhole
    Dingodhole
    ✭✭
    I'm having similar issue. When I get past the initial login screen (just autologs me in since I'm using steam) I get stuck in the loading screen before character selection. Ouroboros icon rotates for a while then just stops (i.e. game freezes) and I have to force game shut down. I managed to get on pts once few days ago (I had same issue back then too but after many restarts later it worked).
  • Dingodhole
    Dingodhole
    ✭✭
    I decided to check resource monitor and apparently ESO gets hang on the wait chain by network I/O process.
  • Dingodhole
    Dingodhole
    ✭✭
    Ok, forget about my last comment. Live server seems to have same feature.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.