Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online on ALIENWARE ALPHA consoles...

Kaide
Kaide
✭✭✭
I own a XBOX One, PS4, Wii U, PS3 Slim, XBOX 360 Slim, 3DS XL (Zelda version), PS Vita, and computers with a R9 AMD & another desktop with a GTX 980 (not a titan unfortunately)...BUT...I'm having a hard time deciding if I should pick up a Alienware Alpha console or not.

If you do not know what an Alienware Alpha is...I linked the systems below:
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/alienware-alpha

Will Elder Scrolls Online be able to be played on a desktop gamepad? Obviously we will be able to play it on a PS4 and XBOX controller...so will we be able to play it on a PC gamepad as well? I think the graphics on a Alienware Alpha will be superior to next gen consoles. What do you guys think about the new Alienware Alpha? Do you think it is worth picking up?
Edited by Kaide on December 31, 2014 8:58PM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy balls dood, where do you live? Radio Shack?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually yes you will be able to play with controller natively but we still don't know when. It might be when the console launches it might be just before or just after. Also if you buy an Alienware you would be the first. And do you have an ouya yet?
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I know what an Alienware Alpha is. No one cares how many game systems you have. All you had to do is ask the question about the Alienware Alpha.

When I ask a question on AR15.com I don't list every weapon that I own at the beginning of it
  • Kaide
    Kaide
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually yes you will be able to play with controller natively but we still don't know when. It might be when the console launches it might be just before or just after. Also if you buy an Alienware you would be the first. And do you have an ouya yet?

Oh my God....you just made my life so much more complicated...

http://youtu.be/47TxboWG1_c

http://youtu.be/dIn3ffulnCE
    Edited by Kaide on December 31, 2014 9:20PM
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MWAHAHAHAHA now you have to buy an OUYA!! I'm evil.

Every time I hear 2 people arguing about PS4 or Xbox One I always bring up the fact that at least they don't have a OUYA
  • Kaide
    Kaide
    ✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    Yes, I know what an Alienware Alpha is. No one cares how many game systems you have. All you had to do is ask the question about the Alienware Alpha.

When I ask a question on AR15.com I don't list every weapon that I own at the beginning of it

Hi Oscar the Grouch

http://youtu.be/Z1SiSUrvUnk

I listed what I own to give people who might respond a better idea of if the Alienware Alpha is something they'd purchase if they were in my same position. For instance someone might say "Your graphics cards are better, so there is no point"....they might say "Your 3DS XL and PS Vita can be hooked up to the system and you can play those games on it" ....or they might say "It's the same as the XBOX One and PS4 so don't waste your money" ...or even "Its quality is on the same level as the XBOX 360 and PS3 that you already have". These are the reasons why I list what I already own. Ok...thanks buh bye B)
    Edited by Kaide on December 31, 2014 9:36PM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no native support for a gamepad on PC quite yet. However thanks to UI mods and emulation software(like Xpadder or Pinnacle) you can have a pretty positive experience right now with a gamepad. The UI mod in question is called Stratejacket and here is a link to the add-on page: esoui.com/downloads/info77-StratejacketControllerSupport.html

I expect the PC version will get native support around when the game launches on console.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh ... first world problems.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Xpadder layout works perfectly for me, and I've played Playstation for years. If you want to try it out, the link is in my sig.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC The Alienware Alpha uses a modified early release of Steam OS, so more or less it's a PC with an overlay. I'd say probably don't go for the Alpha.

As for the Ouya, I actually got one at launch. I more or less just use it as an emulator box when I travel, but notably play it more than my other consoles. I even took one of my PS3 controllers and a $5-$10 bluetooth and just use it on PC. I haven't bought next gen, probably won't really
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a random bit, I recommend Better DS3 http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/ It uses the MotioninJoy Drivers, but removes doesn't have the suspicious always online and ads that MotioninJoy has. I've got it with USB and BT with no problem (although I don't use it for ESO so I don't know how it would work with @SFBryan18‌ s Xpadder Layout )
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use this for the PS3 controller: XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller

I use to use MotionJoy, but when I found this, I was much happier because it installs drivers for the PS3 controller that recognize the device without needing to start a third party software. It requires the XBox drivers from Microsoft to be installed first. It also has bluetooth support, but it can be tricky to setup.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on January 1, 2015 12:18PM
  • LilChihuahua
    LilChihuahua
    ✭✭✭
    Don't buy the Alpha. It's crap. It only has a 860m in all model configs. Spending a bit more on a mid teir gaming laptop would be a much better investment.
  • Taself
    Taself
    ✭✭✭
    The Alpha is just a Win 8.1 PC running a Steam Shell front end. You can bypass the shell and go straight to windows desktop. The mainboard in them is basically laptop board overclocked. Your two PC's should out perform it easily. Saw a preview of one on TwitchTV (CohhCarnage) couple weeks ago. The main selling points really are that it's small, hide it behind the tv, and that it almost silent.