The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Faction with mature player base (NA)

Kyotee0071
Kyotee0071
✭✭✭
I've been gone from the game a while, just returned a few days ago.

Curious on opinions of folks that have tried the factions out (NA) as to which one seems to attract the more "mature" player base. Mature referring to actions, not necessarily age.

I'm on Daggerfall at the moment, but considering trying out AD. The chat in Daggerfall's city has been pretty tragic over the last couple days. An*l jokes, cursing, "For the Horde" comments, and well just overall pretty disheartening. I just logged into a baby P*nis size conversation in general, and someone saying to touch his D***... I remember at launch thinking cool the community DC side.

I made a character on AD side and it seemed much better. Though chat seemed to be a lot less active in the first city compared to DC's. I haven't really tried out EP yet.

I don't have to be on the winning side in pvp. Just looking for an overall mature community and do not mind swapping factions. As of only 2 days of playing on AD side, it seemed to be a much more mature player base.

I don't want to pass judgement with so little time there. Also with AD chat seeming a lot less active in their starting city, It scared me to think maybe less players over all. So asking for opinions of people that are more qualified and willing to share their opinion.
Edited by Kyotee0071 on December 31, 2014 8:52PM
I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion EP is more polite than DC, AD the least appealing one.
    But there is hardly any difference. In all factions are idiots and cheaters and morons and *** as there are helpfull, nice and mature people.
    I would suggest to chosse the faction after a guild you like. A few nice people you play with regurlaly can counter a bunch of suckers easily.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Shadowalk3r
    Shadowalk3r
    Soul Shriven
    As you level the chat matures, when you reach the vet levels zone chat becomes quiet.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Define mature. There are 12 year olds that are more mature than most of the 30 year old neckbeards that play this game.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zone chat in general will certainly test your tolerances if such things bother you, especially in lower level zones, but it's in all of them. I've a tab dedicated to zone chat and otherwise ignore it, not because I care about what's being said but because I'm focused on playing most of the time. There are plenty of guilds that fit your description if you are seeking more social interaction. Hopefully someone has a few suggestions on a guild as well. Good luck and hang in there.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you on NA or EU server? I have characters in all three factions on NA server and honestly none of them seem much more mature than another. The starter zone for each is always the worst. None are usually quite that bad though.

If you like to chat it's probably best to join some guilds and just turn off zone. Guild chats tend to be more civilized. I understand there are some that recruit more mature members try the guild recruitment forum.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know lots of mature people in DC, so... Many roleplayers too. It might depend on the server, though. On NA I have experience only with AD.

First rule: turn off zone chat. It looks pretty much the same in every alliance and unless you're trading/looking for a guild, you're better off without it. Join a nice guild or two and then start judging the playerbase.
    As you level the chat matures, when you reach the vet levels zone chat becomes quiet.
    No kidding. Cadwell's Gold zones are eerily quiet.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    Define mature. There are 12 year olds that are more mature than most of the 30 year old neckbeards that play this game.

Mature was defined in my original post. Also, I agree with your statement. =)
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Are you on NA or EU server? I have characters in all three factions on NA server and honestly none of them seem much more mature than another. The starter zone for each is always the worst. None are usually quite that bad though.

If you like to chat it's probably best to join some guilds and just turn off zone. Guild chats tend to be more civilized. I understand there are some that recruit more mature members try the guild recruitment forum.

Sorry I should of been more specific I. NA

• Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I know lots of mature people in DC, so... Many roleplayers too. It might depend on the server, though. On NA I have experience only with AD.

This interest me as I enjoy Roleplay between grinds, or even during grinds with a fun roleplay group. You say your NA experience is only with AD, have you ran into much Roleplay AD (NA) side?

• Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Also, thanks everyone for the helpful answers.

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed goofiness in AD chat since early access. But never anything like you described. I'd leave DC immediately if I were you, and head to either AD or EP.

DC seems like it's full of WoWbabies, CoDkids and d-bags in general. Just my observation.

And there's plenty of RP AD side. Several guilds. Nice, helpful people too.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on December 31, 2014 9:06PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay censorship.......
    Edited by dharbert on December 31, 2014 9:14PM
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed goofiness in AD chat since early access. But never anything like you described. I'd leave DC immediately if I were you, and head to either AD or EP.

DC seems like it's full of WoWbabies, CoDkids and d-bags in general. Just my observation.

And there's plenty of RP AD side. Several guilds. Nice, helpful people too.

Your DC description is exactly the opinion I came too since being back. I don't remember it being that way when I played at launch. Also to be fair, I'm sure there are plenty of great mature folks playing DC. It's just the crowd of folks you described seem to be attracted to it.

I'm not intending for this to be a "Bash DC" thread. I honestly was just looking for input.

Thanks again everyone.