The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CHAMPION SYSTEM? PLEASE READ!

Goldie
Goldie
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is an excerpt from an interview with a ZOS developer discussing the new Champion System.

tamrielfoundry.com/2014/12/champion-system-qa-pt1/

I want to draw attention to this question and response from the interview;

Q: Okay, so that’s interesting, so to be clear: suppose that you had a VR1 Fang of the Viper dagger that you got from your first Cadwell’s Silver zone and you also had a VR14 version that you got out of Sanctum Ophidia, there’s still going to be a differential tier of power once between those two items once Veteran Ranks are fully removed?

A: Yeah, so you would have those two daggers and one would just say it has 200 Attack Power whereas one would only have 150 or something like that. It’s kind-of like item levels, but the infrastructure and stuff to do that is a significant rework of the systems and we just wanted to get new content and new stuff for people to do as soon as possible

An now, let me highlight this key phrase from the answer;

"...we just wanted to get new content and new stuff for people to do as soon as possible."

So basically, ZOS is pushing out content as fast as they can, in an attempt to hold on to current subscribers, and admittedly without the proper planning and development!

The plan to remove 'Veteran Ranks' and how it will affect vr1-vr14 gear and items is a mystery, even to the devs from the sounds of things.

The continued back and forth we are getting from ZOS concerning issues such as those discussed in the interview is far from reassuring!

1. What WILL become of the Veteran Ranked items and gear?
2. WILL the experience gains be fixed, or will we continue to receive the same amount of exp gains by killing a vr5 mob or a vr12 mob? (both rewarding the same amount of exp per kill)
3. WILL this "update" break as much as the last one did? ie. Music, animations, etc.

Your subscribers are concerned ZOS, and we have yet to receive solid clarification on more issues than we can count!!!

Edited by Goldie on December 31, 2014 9:24PM
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    "...we just wanted to get new content and new stuff for people to do as soon as possible."

So basically, ZOS is pushing out content as fast as they can, in an attempt to hold on to current subscribers, and admittedly without the proper planning and development!

1. I fail to see the "MUST READ" portion of this thread. Nice click target though.

2. Um... did you not follow the game prior to launch? Did you not see this being an issue? Constantly adding stuff was the trade off for a polished game. It's not possible. Nor will it change.

You can either have a polished game where content is updated once a year or two, or a game that has constant new content coming in that will have some major issues. You can't have both. I think the closest game to update phases right now is FFXIV and they've got constant balance issues. Dragoon's are STILL underpowered. They have nothing they give a raid force, and their DPS is 4th on the list. They claimed to have fixed it in the most recent patch but I lost interest prior to then. Their raids are buggy, the 24 player raid is a horrible concept... and they have MONTHS between updates.
    3. WILL this "update" break as much as the last one did? ie. Music, animations, etc.

Your subscribers are concerned ZOS, and we have yet to receive solid clarification on more issues than we can count!!!

If they could see the future I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have made an MMO. Expect issues or go away. Or cry on the forums because you have no clue how complex the system gets when you keep adding new content to it.

Most of us aren't concerned. Some of us are annoyed. Still... this is a non issue. It's a question. It cannot become an issue until information is released stating what is going to happen. As is, just like with 30 Gate, you're going to have to believe one of two lies: all gear will be brought down to 50 and have the same power ~or~ all gear will be brought down to 50 and have different values based on what vlevel the gear was prior to. Since they are still working on it, I'd just go ahead and say stop trying to stir up more drama. We've got enough of it on our hands with 30 Gate.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to pull a quote out of context.

He was talking about why they did not remove veteran ranks at the same time as they introduced champion system. He did not in any way suggest or admit the champion system was rushed, only that the removal of veteran ranks(and the itemization changes tied to it) was put on hold so that they can give us champion system itself sooner.

Here is the question of the interview that you left out:
    What’s some of the rationale for doing this sort of staged roll out of the Champion System, particularly with regards to delaying the veteran rank removal?

EW: Yeah so, the biggest thing specifically with the veteran ranks is that all the itemization is really deeply tied to that, all the progression, and it’s just that it would have taken us significantly longer to put this patch out to you guys if we had spent the time to re-code a bunch of stuff and retest it and redo the progression. We wanted to get people to use the Champion System as soon as possible and experience it because it’s really cool and it’s a fun way to customize your character.
    Edited by Sharee on December 31, 2014 6:52AM
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can either have a polished game where content is updated once a year or two, or a game that has constant new content coming in that will have some major issues. You can't have both.

Of course I can. Have an update a year or two with some major issues! lol!
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hated ZoS' silence before ESO was released. They were more secretely than the US government. But I somehow can understand it, since it was pre-release.

BUT now they keep on doing this since then and this is outragous. We're paying for this game, they can't treat us like stupid, inferior kids. We know almost nothing about the future and ignorance is our reward for paying every month. Okay.... they can't talk about things, they don't even know themselves yet. Maybe that's the reason.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I really hated ZoS' silence before ESO was released. They were more secretely than the US government. But I somehow can understand it, since it was pre-release.

BUT now they keep on doing this since then and this is outragous. We're paying for this game, they can't treat us like stupid, inferior kids. We know almost nothing about the future and ignorance is our reward for paying every month. Okay.... they can't talk about things, they don't even know themselves yet. Maybe that's the reason.

WTF are you talking about? ZOS has given out several interviews about update 6 and they have talked to a good length about it in their ESO LIVE show.
    I'd give you less to this whining community and there would maybe be less whining then.
    Just wait until it gets to PTS. Test it. Report bugs. Make meaningful suggestions. Settle down, Beavis.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF are you talking about? ZOS has given out several interviews about update 6 and they have talked to a good length about it in their ESO LIVE show.
    I'd give you less to this whining community and there would maybe be less whining then.
    Just wait until it gets to PTS. Test it. Report bugs. Make meaningful suggestions. Settle down, Beavis.

I think @Dracane‌ ment their silence since latest ESO live. They basically told us they will not honour their words from months before and then "went home".
    Edited by Razzak on December 31, 2014 8:12AM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The plan to remove 'Veteran Ranks' and how it will affect vr1-vr14 gear and items is a mystery, even to the devs from the sounds of things.

The continued back and forth we are getting from ZOS concerning issues such as those discussed in the interview is far from reassuring!

2. WILL the experience gains be fixed, or will we continue to receive the same amount of exp gains by killing a vr5 mob or a vr12 mob? (both rewarding the same amount of exp per kill)

No, it's the complete opposite actually.

The Champion System is delaying everything else because it would be stupid to release something now and have to rebalance everything once Champion comes out.
    That's why Imperial City is delayed is not "pushed as fast as they can".

This thread is just a dumb click bait written without proper planning and development. Please close.
    Edited by Gyudan on December 31, 2014 8:13AM
    Wololo.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »
    I think @Dracane‌ ment their silence since latest ESO live. They basically told us they will not honour their words from months before and then "went home".

Yes, that's what I meant. To be honest, I haven't watched any of the shows and I have the feeling, that they leave us alone and rarely give statements to our questions. Maybe I'm not active enough here, but I feel like they see us like worthless kids and let us worry and whine and they're sitting on their throne and laugh about us.

Might sound harsh and I could be wrong. But it's my opinion :)

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »

Yes, that's what I meant. To be honest, I haven't watched any of the shows and I have the feeling, that they leave us alone and rarely give statements to our questions. Maybe I'm not active enough here, but I feel like they see us like worthless kids and let us worry and whine and they're sitting on their throne and laugh about us.

Might sound harsh and I could be wrong. But it's my opinion :)

They always answer quite a few questions in ESO Live, that's why it's not just a 30 min show. For the Champion System, Joe Blackburn also got interviewed by tales of Tamriel for 50 minutes, so if you took the time to look around, you'd find tons of information. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXz2DBMtH8U

Looking at the comments on the forum, I'd say that there are some "worthless kids" out here and that they're making way too much noise.
    Wololo.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an excerpt from an interview with a ZOS developer discussing the new Champion System.

tamrielfoundry.com/2014/12/champion-system-qa-pt1/

I want to draw attention to this question and response from the interview;

Q: Okay, so that’s interesting, so to be clear: suppose that you had a VR1 Fang of the Viper dagger that you got from your first Cadwell’s Silver zone and you also had a VR14 version that you got out of Sanctum Ophidia, there’s still going to be a differential tier of power once between those two items once Veteran Ranks are fully removed?

A: Yeah, so you would have those two daggers and one would just say it has 200 Attack Power whereas one would only have 150 or something like that. It’s kind-of like item levels, but the infrastructure and stuff to do that is a significant rework of the systems and we just wanted to get new content and new stuff for people to do as soon as possible

Clear as mud.

• GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    Expect issues or go away. Or cry on the forums because you have no clue how complex the system gets when you keep adding new content to it.

@Layenem‌

1. He's paying for a service which is advertised in a particular manner. One of the things advertised is that it "works"

2. You pay for electricity, yeah? You expect it to be in working condition when you get home from work, Yes?

How about I come on over to your house and cut the cable? You'd be pretty ticked off I bet. After paying your electric bill on time for months and months, you expect a consistent product, not one that cuts in and out. You expect the company to provide you that service rain or shine, no matter what is happening down at the plant.

Grow up. Zenimax is a business just like any other business. Just because they make a video game and not a cell phone doesn't mean they get a free pass to sell you garbage.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »

The Champion System is delaying everything else because it would be stupid to release something now and have to rebalance everything once Champion comes out.

This thread is just a dumb click bait written without proper planning and development. Please close.
    You also have the console release, you want to do this conversion before the console release and you want to fix most of the bugs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is the whole problem right there!

do the work thier suppose to do without cutting MASSIVE corners and cheapening the entire game!

/closethread

• Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreyBrow wrote: »
    Expect issues or go away. Or cry on the forums because you have no clue how complex the system gets when you keep adding new content to it.

@Layenem‌

1. He's paying for a service which is advertised in a particular manner. One of the things advertised is that it "works"

2. You pay for electricity, yeah? You expect it to be in working condition when you get home from work, Yes?

How about I come on over to your house and cut the cable? You'd be pretty ticked off I bet. After paying your electric bill on time for months and months, you expect a consistent product, not one that cuts in and out. You expect the company to provide you that service rain or shine, no matter what is happening down at the plant.

Grow up. Zenimax is a business just like any other business. Just because they make a video game and not a cell phone doesn't mean they get a free pass to sell you garbage.

@GreyBrow THANK YOU! Finally someone who gets where im coming from!

and @Layenem this is why a lot of newer players either quit the game or never resub, is because of :trollface: like you who get on and ridicule them with your cool "go QQ somewhere else" both in-game and on the forums, I do not care for your opinion. These are concerns that I have with the game I am paying for!

First, why keep trying to fix things that aren't broken? My sound was working fine prior to the last update, and now it glitches and bugs out to the point I have to relog to have sound in the damn game!

Second, I am trying to level a 3rd character to vr14, but I am SICK of questing! So I decided to kill mobs to try and level up... well, turns out I get the same exp for killing vr2 mobs as I do killing vr12 mobs... WTF is this?! The exp was working FINE prior to the last update as well!

Third... A new update is scheduled to be released soon, and I want to be able to play a working game, not some POS that was rushed out in an attempt to save subscribers!

Edited by Goldie on December 31, 2014 9:27PM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Gyudan wrote: »

You also have the console release, you want to do this conversion before the console release and you want to fix most of the bugs.

So are we PAYING for an extended PC Beta Test? Sure seems like it to me!
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. I fail to see the "MUST READ" portion of this thread. Nice click target though.

2. Um... did you not follow the game prior to launch? Did you not see this being an issue? Constantly adding stuff was the trade off for a polished game. It's not possible. Nor will it change.

You can either have a polished game where content is updated once a year or two, or a game that has constant new content coming in that will have some major issues. You can't have both. I think the closest game to update phases right now is FFXIV and they've got constant balance issues. Dragoon's are STILL underpowered. They have nothing they give a raid force, and their DPS is 4th on the list. They claimed to have fixed it in the most recent patch but I lost interest prior to then. Their raids are buggy, the 24 player raid is a horrible concept... and they have MONTHS between updates.

If they could see the future I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have made an MMO. Expect issues or go away. Or cry on the forums because you have no clue how complex the system gets when you keep adding new content to it.

Most of us aren't concerned. Some of us are annoyed. Still... this is a non issue. It's a question. It cannot become an issue until information is released stating what is going to happen. As is, just like with 30 Gate, you're going to have to believe one of two lies: all gear will be brought down to 50 and have the same power ~or~ all gear will be brought down to 50 and have different values based on what vlevel the gear was prior to. Since they are still working on it, I'd just go ahead and say stop trying to stir up more drama. We've got enough of it on our hands with 30 Gate.

In your attempt to sound like you know more than anyone else, my point was missed by your glassy eyed gaze entirely...

The last update broke more than it was intended to fix, my concern is that they are rushing out more "updates" before they address the things they broke, with the update that was supposed to fix the things that weren't broke in the first place, or other things entirely. I don't want to play a game with no sound, glitchy animations, broken gear stats, and constant pvp lag to the point the game is unplayable at points, and that's what I have now. I have been patiently waiting for fixes and submitting bug reports and meticulously logging every occurrence where I find something wrong in the game, from typo's to broken mechanics. What I want here are some answers, Not some giddy dev admitting they have no idea how they 'plan' to handle adjusting all the game mechanics (ie. gear, vr levels, stats etc.), just that they want to get us more stuff to do as fast as they can.

Do you speak for everyone when you say, "Most of us aren't concerned"? Because I know a lot of subscribing players that have the same concerns that I do, they just don't look for answers on the forum.

All we want is some clarification, I am as excited as the next guy for new content, but we are also excited to see things "working as intended".
    Edited by Goldie on December 31, 2014 9:23PM