The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

A Larger Quandry that no one is pondering!!

Pallmor
Pallmor
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS still hasn't told us what happens to all our VR gear when they remove VR. Does that get reset too?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think they know.

I mean I'm sure they had a plan at one point, but it seems to have been changed that many times that they don't know what it is anymore. Which is why they were tracking our xp for the champion system, but aren't now.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they know.

100% agree.

They may have a general idea, but we all know how hinting at an idea and then changing their mind goes over with this community.

They're most likely waiting to see how that first implementation of Champion Points works out, at least on the PTS, before working out what to do about the gear. My hope is that they don't do something similar to "gear levels" as seen in other MMOs.
    Edited by Sallington on December 30, 2014 3:35PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if it would somehow be tied to the Champion points, or the armor skill level/skill point investments.
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should change their company logo to a confused-looking group with the caption "We Got No Idea..." under it.
    Options
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe when you break down Veteran Gear it shatters into champion points.
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But then what happens when Hug Points replace Champion Points in update 2.2?
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say that nobody's pondering it, I've seen this question come up multiple times. I think the only true answer is that nobody knows. Probably Zenimax hasn't finalized those ideas yet. But we do know that it's still a ways off. Vet levels will be removed in a future phase of the champion system, the two will run in parallel for a time after 1.6 goes live. Unless that's changed too.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »

You hope you invested well in strength, or you're bigger than everyone else. Otherwise you're going to get squashed!
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on December 30, 2014 3:48PM
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Be careful, too many Hug points and they turn into BearHug Points, which can be really uncomfortable.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on December 30, 2014 3:49PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then finally Orcs will get the respect they're due.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll take bearhug points! Might be warmer than this useless heater at least -.-
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on December 30, 2014 3:51PM
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's a bad time to spend 200K for a v12 signet of the warlock...
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
    Options
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvyr wrote: »

Possibly. A quick google image search for 'warlock' didnt reveal anything huggable unfortunately :(
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on December 30, 2014 3:57PM
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't know, either the champion system will render it nerfed, in which case yes it is a bad time, or it won't, in which case you should be grabbing it while you can.

If only we had a crystal ball (and believed in that nonsense :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Is content going to need to be re-balanced when the Veteran Ranks are removed, or is the new scaling system going to do most of that work for you?
    A: So the plan when we convert all of the items over is that you’ll be able to wear all of those items and they will still have a progression, but you will just need to be level 50 to use them. So you’ll still be able use all of the gear, but there will be a sort of hidden power level on equipment which creates tiers of strength similar to what it is now, so it shouldn’t actually be a huge re-balancing effort.
    Q: Okay, so that’s interesting, so to be clear: suppose that you had a VR1 Fang of the Viper dagger that you got from your first Cadwell’s Silver zone and you also had a VR14 version that you got out of Sanctum Ophidia, there’s still going to be a differential tier of power once between those two items once Veteran Ranks are fully removed?
    A: Yeah, so you would have those two daggers and one would just say it has 200 Attack Power whereas one would only have 150 or something like that. It’s kind-of like item levels, but the infrastructure and stuff to do that is a significant rework of the systems and we just wanted to get new content and new stuff for people to do as soon as possible.

Source - Champion System Q&A – Part 1
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have plenty of gold and warlock is a key component of your build plan, go for it. Update 1.6 goes to pts in Jan and goes live who-knows-when. Vet ranks will be removed in a future update, not fully conceptualized and certainly not given a live date yet. It's looking like a few months at least with vet gear. If you're playing everyday, why not roll the way you want instead of waiting to see what happens? That magicka flood is delicious.
    Options