The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Defiling Corpses

ThatHappyCat
ThatHappyCat
✭✭✭✭✭
So they cannot be resurrected.

Camping dead bodies in case their friends are stealthed nearby ready to res them the moment they think you're gone is tedious.

Make it take just as long as ressing so people have a chance to interrupt/kill you while you're pissing on their corpse or whatever.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or some sort of deployable tripwire/land mine so the resser gets a nasty surprise
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know really blows linking a broken item in cyrodiil zone chat so half of DC crashes.

Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on cursing and profanity.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on December 30, 2014 6:56PM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    Or some sort of deployable tripwire/land mine so the resser gets a nasty surprise

That wouldn't help unless it 1. lasts for a long time and 2. stops the res even if no one's there to stop them.
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Camping dead bodies in case their friends are stealthed nearby ready to res them the moment they think you're gone is tedious.

Welcome to the option to do or do not do. I find PvP in Cyrodiil tedious, I simply don't participate. Well, mostly. Sometimes I'll go in and have fun until AD zergs and I crash. Then I'm back in PvE where I have fun.

It's an MMO, tedious is what the second "M" stands for! (If you can't see that as a joke you're an idiot. Just a warning to anyone who HAD to point out that the two words start with different letters... I know you're out there.)
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »

Welcome to the option to do or do not do. I find PvP in Cyrodiil tedious, I simply don't participate.

Why are you in the AW section then?

Moderator note: Edited per our rules on rude and insulting comments.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on December 30, 2014 7:01PM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    I find PvP in Cyrodiil tedious, I simply don't participate.

Then this doesn't really concern you. For those of us who do PvP, we'd like a decisive victory to mean legwork for the enemy; otherwise it's just a never-ending skirmish that never gets anywhere, It's the whole reason why forward camps were removed (amongst other things).
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New stealth detection is coming. Also; can't remember how long the timer is before you can no longer get rezed or if there is a time limit. Maybe that needs to be shorter?
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    New stealth detection is coming. Also; can't remember how long the timer is before you can no longer get rezed or if there is a time limit. Maybe that needs to be shorter?

It's 10 minutes before you're automatically ressed. Stealth detection isn't really the answer, especially since we already have that with caltrops (and it doesn't sound like the new spell would be much more spammable than caltrops is). I imagine it would still be pretty easy for a lone player to stay stealthed at a distance and come back to res all their friends when the coast is clear (which their dead friends can tell them, so they don't even need to be in sight range).
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

It's 10 minutes before you're automatically ressed. Stealth detection isn't really the answer, especially since we already have that with caltrops (and it doesn't sound like the new spell would be much more spammable than caltrops is). I imagine it would still be pretty easy for a lone player to stay stealthed at a distance and come back to res all their friends when the coast is clear (which their dead friends can tell them, so they don't even need to be in sight range).

Ahh true on the caltrops thing.

I think the time limit for a rez should be shorter in Cyrodiil. That would probably help. 10 minutes is way too long.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An option to burn bodies would be amazing. Make it like a rank 8-10+ passive or something.
    Edited by Sallington on December 30, 2014 2:23PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    Or something bought for AP like some magic gem, or simply a torch to destroy/burn/prevent this player from being ressed.
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eglath wrote: »
    Or something bought for AP like some magic gem, or simply a torch to destroy/burn/prevent this player from being ressed.

Jimminy crickets, no!

Have you played GW2? This idea identical to the stomp mechanic, and that part of pvp was just terrible.
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, maybe take 2x as long as a normal res, and have an animation of chopping their head off, I wouldnt be against that.
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Eglath wrote: »

Jimminy crickets, no!

Have you played GW2? This idea identical to the stomp mechanic, and that part of pvp was just terrible.

It isn't like GW2 at all. GW2's downed mechanic is more like a weakened mode, stomping them is the part where you actually kill them (and you don't have to stomp, you can just DPS them down). They can still be ressed after they're killed/stomped.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on December 30, 2014 3:21PM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was about teabaggin ... Turned out to be much worse .
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well while its a good idea, its easily avoidable, you basically can do a force quit or log out and bodies vanish...then a person logs back in after 10-30 seconds and can be rised while you think they just re-spawned.

So would have to fully block the quit option and logout while someone is dead also.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Well while its a good idea, its easily avoidable, you basically can do a force quit or log out and bodies vanish...then a person logs back in after 10-30 seconds and can be rised while you think they just re-spawned.

So would have to fully block the quit option and logout while someone is dead also.

Just make it count down from 10 or you remain in the server. Yes it probably won't solve much for long battles, but an in-combat res could be the difference between victory and defeat and logging out to circumvent defiling (which would be just as difficult to do in-combat as ressing) could lose you the chance of a timely res.
  • FauxHunter
    FauxHunter
    ✭✭✭
    Trap Beast from the Fighter's Guild skill tree is pretty fun to use on corpses. Caught myself more than a few rezzers with it :P
    -Orion Snow-Lichen
    Bosmer Hunting Warden
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to drop a volcanic rune and wait for fireworks, or I just use /sweep on the corpse until it goes away, gotta stay tidy.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could've sworn it used to be where if a body got toasted i.e. turned into a pile of ash, you couldn't be rezzed. Either I imagined it or they removed it? Either way I'd like it if you had a fatality such as melting into a pile of goo from poison or disease or being frozen and shattered would prevent SS rezzing and you could only revive at a keep. Or perhaps eating bodies with WW could leave a pile of bones instead. Reminds me of this Skyrim mod called Bloody Cannibalism that turns a body into a skeleton with the most satisfying crunching splat ever.
    Edited by WarrioroftheWind_ESO on December 30, 2014 6:17PM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, run with it. If a Necromancer skill line were ever implemented, this idea would fit perfectly.

Little passive ability that allows you to defile a corpse in Cyrodiil, preventing player rez for anything less than multiple soul gems, or just flat out preventing rez. Outside of Cyrodiil, it temporarily increases your health or magicka regen or something.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this works but I heard that the Blackfeather Court Whistle could prevent revives. Trying to test that out but its hard to tell if people are trying to revive the target.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe you can chop off there dead bodies heads with an axe and cut there timer to auto rez in half.

on another note, why do Blue camp bodies like crazy, i mean we're out in the middle of nowhere and we have a blue zerg dancing over our bodies for 10 minutes. dont you have some people to fight who are not dead lol. when this happens though i just get up and take a *** (pee) and get another beer, so i consider myself the ultimate tank, i take no damage and aggro a zerg lol.\

*pee instead of ***.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on December 30, 2014 8:52PM
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe you can chop off there dead bodies heads with an axe and cut there timer to auto rez in half.

on another note, why do Blue camp bodies like crazy, i mean we're out in the middle of nowhere and we have a blue zerg dancing over our bodies for 10 minutes. dont you have some people to fight who are not dead lol. when this happens though i just get up and take a *** (pee) and get another beer, so i consider myself the ultimate tank, i take no damage and aggro a zerg lol.\

*pee instead of ***.

Because ganking with a group of like 8 people from stealth gets you a bad rap in zone at least. Most pugs get annoyed trying to ride somewhere and being 1 shot by half a dozen people from stealth.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »

*pee instead of ***.

Because ganking with a group of like 8 people from stealth gets you a bad rap in zone at least. Most pugs get annoyed trying to ride somewhere and being 1 shot by half a dozen people from stealth.

^This. If anything, DC learned it from the Heizenzerg "gank" group.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Rez for these kids

Good night sweet prince
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »

*pee instead of ***.

yeah we camp these losers' corpses and get all sorts of hate tells from them. pure comedy gold. It's gold, jerry, gold!

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Columba, where is your post about EP pulse monkeys?

You usually fit one into every thread you post in.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankers are better than the EP pulse pukes. At least they don't exploit to win. Enough for you?