The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

@ZOS: healing ward

e.chiesa73b16_ESO
e.chiesa73b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi,
could you make it so it targets the player with less health+shield. There are times when 2 or more party member have low hp, that this skill is usefull only to heal one of them.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that this could be a great improvement to both morphs of "ward ally".
    Wololo.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in pve, they just need to increase the animation cast time, it takes too damn long for an oh crap situation shield. in pvp, there would be bad bad bad balance issues if you could cast it on two people, ward ally is not very usefull because you barely ever take damage at the same time as the person your sheilding.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on December 28, 2014 6:49PM
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in pvp, there would be bad bad bad balance issues if you could cast it on two people

Why? Breath of Life does it for three people.

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS said in the interview with Eric or somebody that happened just before the live stream last week that Steadfast Ward is one of the abilities they're looking into. As it sits right now it's actually bugged in that you can refresh it on a player that already had it but it refreshes for a lower shield amount. He didn't really say they intend to buff it but they are working on fixing it at least.

I also agree with @ThatHappyCat that they could make Ward Ally effect Self + 2 instead of Self + 1 like it is now to be similarly inline with BoL. I would like to see Healing Ward changed from Target healed based on amount remaining to Target healed based on TIME remaining. That way if the shield is 1 second from expiring and you get hit for it's full strength you would still get some amount of healing instead of nothing.
  • e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mean that healing ward should heal 2 party member at the same time, but I think it should heal the member who has MIN(hp+shield).
    As it is right now, if you cast it the second time, it will shield always the same player. And sometimes that is useless.

With the change I'm proposing, the second cast will shield the player with second last hp who has not yet received the shield. And so on. So that we can chain cast it.

Sorry for my bad english
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that shields are not really comparable to HP. A player with low health and high shield may be much more vulnerable than a player with higher health and no shield.
  • e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that shields are not really comparable to HP. A player with low health and high shield may be much more vulnerable than a player with higher health and no shield.

Yep, that's true. But as a sorcerer healer I don't have any other "ohh ***" skill :neutral_face: And as it is now, I can only "save" one party member with this skill.
    Edited by e.chiesa73b16_ESO on December 29, 2014 10:11AM
  • e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Shameless bump, in the hope someone at zos take notice :blush:
    Edited by e.chiesa73b16_ESO on January 5, 2015 4:59PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out bone shield. It completely relies on the player being intelligent enough to hit x, but as my guild always says:

Boneshield saves lives.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, that's true. But as a sorcerer healer I don't have any other "ohh ***" skill :neutral_face: And as it is now, I can only "save" one party member with this skill.

This situation is actually much worse in PVP. As a sorcerer healer, the single target heals that I use (healing ward and mutagen) always go to a random player around me. Even when my health is below 20% and I'm in desperate need of heals, others take priority over my own character and I end up dying while still spamming those healing spells.
    Combat Prayer and Healing Springs can only go so far ...
    Wololo.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently switched to Ward Ally and I can say I like it better than Healing Ward for most situations as the shield is gone before the time is up so no heal is applied, other than the teeny tiny one on application. This gives me a shield always to help save my own butt when the "smart" healing isn't so smart. And what Yoda said, I use Spiked Bone Shield when Healing, it's great if your group is smart enough to hit X.
  • e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Check out bone shield. It completely relies on the player being intelligent enough to hit x, but as my guild always says:

Boneshield saves lives.

Boneshield would be good but:
    - someone has to activate synergy
    - range
    - windows of opportunity so small
    - shields only 3 players

Healing ward should work as a spammable "ohh ***" skill. Instead now it will just land on the player with less hp, even if he has a huge damage shield.
    So every subsequent cast will land on the same player (untill you heal him enough with OTHER skills)...and this is just dumb in my opinion.

English is not my main language and I don't know if I'm making myself clear
    Edited by e.chiesa73b16_ESO on January 6, 2015 12:29AM
  • e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    e.chiesa73b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand most of the comment to my proposal.
    I think that what I am suggesting is simple and effective.

For instance, 3 party members are low on health. As it is now, you can cast healing wards and it will land on the player with less HP. If you cast it again, it will land on the SAME player because he is STILL the one with less HP.
    So you can't shield any other party members with your shield, because your first shield is not taken into account.
    And it doesn't make any sense in my opinion.
    Edited by e.chiesa73b16_ESO on January 6, 2015 12:27AM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a bug previously where using ward ally morph would instantly heal an ally that already have the shield for the amount of the strength of the shield, after casting a second ward ally. This worked wonders especially for sorc healers but they fixed it. I've already feedback that they should do something similar (of course balanced both for pve and PvP use). Hope they take careful considerations of this in the future.
    Edited by Qyrk on January 6, 2015 12:43AM