The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BUG? - Melee light attack delays

Lefty_Lucy
Lefty_Lucy
✭✭✭✭
When using melee weapons, there is a delay after switching weapons which prevents you from using a light/heavy attack for about 2 seconds. So once you swap weapons, you can not using a light or heavy attack for about 2 seconds.

This does not apply to skills. You can use a skill immediately after switching weapons.

This also does not apply to ranged weapons (bows/staves). With a bow or staff, you can swap weapons and immediately use a light/heavy attack.

It makes no sense for melee users to be unable to use a light/heavy attack after swapping weapons when ranged users can do so. It makes even less sense that light/heavy attacks are delayed but skill attacks are not delayed. Skill attacks are where most of your damage comes from, so if this change was an attempt to slow down DPS, it should apply a delay to skill attacks.

Does anyone know if this change was intentional? It seems like a bug or unintentional change to me. It would be great if I had my timely light/heavy attacks back. :)

Lefty
Competetive small scale PvP'er.
GM of Afterburner - DC small scale PvP guild

YouTube: youtube.com/leftylucy_pvp
Livestream: twitch.tv/leftylucy_pvp