Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Heavy Attacks not Bashable?

JackDaniell
JackDaniell
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sick of people waving sticks in my face. Why has this mechanic still not been fixed?

Post to show your support!
Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a negligible issue, if they fix everything else and this stays I will be ecstatic.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    This is such a negligible issue, if they fix everything else and this stays I will be ecstatic.

Not being able to stop massive magicka regen is a bit more than negligible though.

These needs fixed for that reason if none other.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    massive magicka regan with basically zero consequence is outrageuous. I'm tired of people with restoration staves using resto heavies at point blank range and gaining huge magicka for it, while not having to worry about getting interrupted. It's a cheap and lame way for people to score easy magicka(and stamina too) and needs to be fixed.

Stop adding in the next Grindzone ZOS, and please fix this issue.
    Edited by Cody on December 26, 2014 6:05AM
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can never remember my lighting staff heavy attacks ever being interuptable. The only times I ever gotten interuoted is with a shield charge, templar superman, crystal frag, etc.

Its no different then heavy attacks with bows and swords restore stamina, so you can do it too.

If they are doing at point blank range knock them down, I do it all the time with frag procs, I see DK shield charge. If your an archer spam poisin injection while their doing the rest heavy attack and kill them.

I'm just saying there is viable counters and I haven't even listed them all.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    I can never remember my lighting staff heavy attacks ever being interuptable. The only times I ever gotten interuoted is with a shield charge, templar superman, crystal frag, etc.

Its no different then heavy attacks with bows and swords restore stamina, so you can do it too.

If they are doing at point blank range knock them down, I do it all the time with frag procs, I see DK shield charge. If your an archer spam poisin injection while their doing the rest heavy attack and kill them.

Its not the same. You can block heavy attacks from fire and ice stuff. You block meele heavy attacks. You can block AND reflect Bow heavy attacks.

The point is, Resto staff give more magicka return then other staff with heavy attack and this attack can not be blocked or interrupted.
    Edited by killedbyping on December 26, 2014 9:31AM
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Channeled attacks are interruptible, and resto heavy attack channel was too, until some patch ago broke it.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, venom arrow doesn't interrupt it despite it clearly being casted
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It has ruined small scale and 1v1 pvp in certain cases.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree this is a pain.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Agreed. Channeled attacks are interruptible, and resto heavy attack channel was too, until some patch ago broke it.

Was probably when they changed it to give more resources back when they nerfed the damage boost from Cycle of Life
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Bipolo
    Bipolo
    ✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    This!

It has turned a lot of small scale/1v1's in to seemingly endless fights...
    Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
    "Nords who prove themselves in battle awaken in the realm after death. Pain and illness vanish within the Hall of Valor.
    Revelry is never-ending, mead flows freely, and the greatest Nords of all time compete in tests of strength and prowess. (...)
    Through all the suffering and adversity in this world, true Nord warriors endure, for Sovngarde awaits."

- The Road to Sovngarde
    Options
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, can't just follow around healers and bash to CC people with poor magicka management.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was on purpose because people with no situational awareness complained about getting bashed.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, venom arrow doesn't interrupt it despite it clearly being casted

we finally agree on something
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

for starters: it's not poison injection that interrupts channaled attacks, it's venom arrow.

and 2. not every one has the ability to knock players down with something like crystal frags. Have you ever considered DW using players? the DW skill line lacks any kind of knockdown/CC, the only CC i have acess to with my build is fear, and thats easily beaten by a CC break, WHILE granting the enemy immunty to all CCs for 8 seconds.

Resto heavies, now being uninterruptable, allows a player to get back large amounts of magicka with little-no risk, even at point blank range, which is utterly ridiculous. This can drag a fight into unnecissarily long proportions, and allows a player to almost never run out of mana, taking away any kind of resource management skills. It needs to be fixed, and the fact it has yet to be fixed shocks me.
    Edited by Cody on December 26, 2014 4:34PM
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

I face countless LA DKs that exploit this ridiculous crap, and i cannot beat them. I have no way to stop their mana regen, meaning all i can do is run away or hope someone comes to help. This does not only apply to DKs, it applies to ALL the classes. It needs to be fixed, resource regenration should NEVER be this easy, It has a huge negative effect on the game.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they should do something about it, I'm not disagreeing there. I guess in the meantime using some sort of stun or knockdown is the best option.

I'm sure they will fix this though, I would hope this wasn't an intentional change.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell did they do anyway? One day things were working fine the next update one of the best (albeit smallest) details in pvp is gone :(
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    y'all can LOL me all y'all want, but you all know I am right:)
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry, I don't want to hijack.
    Edited by Domander on December 28, 2014 6:50AM
    Options