Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

OMG Wood working stations

Duskruler
Duskruler
✭✭✭
Why are wood working stations so hard to find??
Im in Skywatch and it says its there on my map, I found every other station but the wood working nope cant find it.
I`ve noticed this in other cities as well, why cant ESO make them more noticeable?
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant find my pants in the morning
    the same, too hard
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had this problem. Just look on your map and drop a waypoint on it
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the woodworking station in Skywatch outside of the Mages' guild building?
  • Lukeh Shadyvale
    Lukeh Shadyvale
    ✭✭✭
    That one is in a tent near a merchant it is one table in a tent amoungst other stuff outside the mages guild... That particular one is a pain to initially find as you head towards it from the guild then you have to turn around into the back of the tent !
    Lukeh Shadyvale | V14 Bosmer Templar | Ebonheart Pact | EU Nowhere
    Cyrodiil is only good for fishing.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skywatch is the worst, but woodworking stations in general are poorly placed. I don't know why they couldn't just be together with blacksmithing and clothing...
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a theory they can't be with blacksmithing because the sparks would burn down the woodworking station.... that's why they're never in the same spot. :)
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blkadr wrote: »
    I have a theory they can't be with blacksmithing because the sparks would burn down the woodworking station.... that's why they're never in the same spot. :)

This is what figured also. Although I still can't reconcile all the linen and cotton from the clothier stations faring much better than the wooden items.

• gclifton58ub17_ESO
    gclifton58ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you have wood, they want you to go somewhere private and out of the way to deal with it.
    Edited by gclifton58ub17_ESO on December 26, 2014 3:44AM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i support you and had the same problem while questing for the first time. Good post!
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People generally prefer you work your wood in private. ZOS took this into consideration and made most woodworking stations separate from the others.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have wood, they want you to go somewhere private and out of the way to deal with it.

I see what you did there.

The Skywatch wood working station is under a tent immediately to the north of the bridge-walkway over the Merchant area as you enter Skywatch.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your having problems, just wait till morning. My wood working station usually appears then.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on December 26, 2014 6:56AM
  • ramasurinenpreub18_ESO
    I'm pretty sure it's just a leftover side effect from adding woodworking as a skill in the first place. Originally I believe there were only going to be 'weaponsmithing' and 'armoursmithing' stations. Woodworking was probably added well after the environmental art was underway so they just stuck those stations wherever they could find room, sort of like the guild traders.

I find Riften's crafting station layout to be the most convenient personally. It's one of the few towns with a well placed WW table.
    Edited by ramasurinenpreub18_ESO on December 26, 2014 5:14AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems there are a lot of issues with wood. It seems to rub you the wrong way.

Honestly, this thread has me ROTFL.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never had this problem. Just look on your map and drop a waypoint on it

The point is, there are usualy NO pins on the map which show you where WW stations is.
    There are just some hints saying that you can find Blacksmith/Cloth/WW in "this" building or square.
    But wait.. it's NEVER THERE ! It is always somewhere else. In best case it is somewhere CLOSE to that place, but usualy its not even near.
    Edited by killedbyping on December 26, 2014 8:06AM
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    the same, too hard

its ZOS faulth as well, why they didnt make those pants more noticeable.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duskruler wrote: »
    Why are wood working stations so hard to find??
    Im in Skywatch and it says its there on my map, I found every other station but the wood working nope cant find it.
    I`ve noticed this in other cities as well, why cant ESO make them more noticeable?

In most of the cities I had no problem to find the stations, but I do agree what concerns Skywatch. The first two times or so, I had the same running-around to find the woodworking station.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rawl' Kha in Reaper's March is the best for doing crafting/bank dump. Bank, Crafting stations etc all in a circle.

Yes, the Skywatch woodworking station is a hidden gem! :p
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bal Foyen is my favorite, all in a circle in one building. I don't know why more people don't go there. All that's missing is a stable.
  • Duskruler
    Duskruler
    ✭✭✭
    When I got a piece of wood to polish I need to find a station right away, I cant be running around with my wood in hand........especially with the new justice system coming.
    Funny stuff guys. lol and Quadro the dress on your bedroom floor is what you were wearing the night before, your pants are still in the closet. ;)
  • Duskruler
    Duskruler
    ✭✭✭
    Found it!
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look for a place where all the crafting stations I need are close together, by the bank. Then, rather than port to the main city in the zone I am in, I go to where everything is easy. Elden Root is my current favorite, with Shornhelm in Rivenspire close behind, and umm.. Stormhold the main city in the Black Marsh wannabe zone. One of my guildies really likes Riften also. Another likes the setup in Coldharbor, After all, wayshrine to wayshrine is free, no matter on this plane or the other.,
    Edited by Darlgon on December 27, 2014 4:18PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divad Zarn wrote: »
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    the same, too hard

its ZOS faulth as well, why they didnt make those pants more noticeable.

A witch stole them.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marbuk....
    The woodworking station is with the merchants.
    The woodworker is in the Fighters Guild.

Why woodn't they be together?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Marbuk....

Kudos on the pun, but is it too much to axe that you check the date on this thread? None of this is changing after six years. Its time for this thread to make like a tree and leave.

211kd3.jpg
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 29, 2020 8:43PM
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here comes the topic closer...
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Marbuk....

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Also Vulkhel Guard. Clothing and blacksmithing in one location with alchemy, enchanting and outfit station across the way, but you have to run up to the fighter's guild to the woodworking station.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around the front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.