Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Such a poorly optimised game!

SC0TY999
SC0TY999
✭✭✭✭
I've just returned to ESO after a 4 month break hoping that vast number of bugs and problems that plague Cyrodiil would be, or on the verge of being solved!

What wishful thinking that was!

I do really enjoy PvP when the FPS drops and lag are not too bad, but that however is very rare.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Unfortunately reducing the population cap in my eyes has done nothing.

Before anyone states get a better PC or anything unconstructive like that, here are my specs.

ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme Motherboard
Intel Core I7 Extreme 4820K (CPU)
16Gb G-Skill Trident X running at 2400Mhz (RAM)
X2 - GTX Titan Black (SLI)

In busy fights I'm getting between 11 - 20 FPS It's like being in a meeting with a powerpoint presentation going on.

When the lag kicks in the game is completely unplayable, animation for skills you cast end up being rendered 1 minute later when nobody is even in front of you!

Will this game ever be fixed or are we doomed with the current state that it's in, just be honest! I don't want to poor money into this game if you're not going to get off your #### and do something about it?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , What is your say so on this matter? Because you devs really like to stay quiet while the poor people that pay for this garbage suffer!

• Emity
    Emity
    Hey Dude. Many people are having the same issue. Including me. I've been trying to solve this issue with "technical support" couple of days back. They've been trying to help but nothing helped me really.

After reading many post on forum I've found out (probably you also did) that this issue has been in the game from the launch already. I'm not quite sure if they fixed it in the past but the fps issue is certainly back again. Many people claims that the issue has returned back after the patch 1.5. Some of them says that even earlier - after the patch which improved lightening in the game. (few months back).

I'm running on: CPU I5 4690K OC 4.3 Ghz, GPU: GTX 760 OC Version, 8 GB RAM DDR3 and in open world i have about 75-100 fps constantly. After i enter any location with many players like towns for instance, the fps drops from about 80-100 to 50 or even 40 and the game becomes to be not nicely smooth. The issue i'm having also in fights with many spells on the screen. Not to mention the PVP. With only 50 players on the screen my fps drops to 30 or even to 25. In pve -pulic dungeons, group dungeons, dark Anchors...etc the fps jumps like a crazy as well.

But that's not the only fps issue. If you noticed the games also lags for no reason every few seconds for a fraction of a second. During this lag the fps drops by 10 sometimes even by 20-30 fps and then goes back to the normal. It feels like the game loading.

Either way the, the fps issue is very annoying and it completely destroys experience of the game. I have never had this kind of fps issues in any others games before. There is something very wrong going on and it’s not the "pc issue". It's the game issue itself since the issue got so many people. Especially people with HIGH-END computers. Which is shame really!
    Edited by Emity on December 25, 2014 10:44PM
    • Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit
    • GTX 760 2GB, "OC Version"
    • Single-screen 1920x1080
    • I5 4690K OC 4.3 GHz
    • 8GB DDR3, 2133mhz
    • Gigabyte Z97-D3H
    • Samsung SSD 840 EVO - 250GB
    • EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 PSU
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a similar laptop an the lag is on their end they know it . They hinted lifting the AOE caps will increase performance next patch if you missed that thread and stated they will continue to make improvements .
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SC0TY999 wrote: »
    ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 Extreme 4820K (CPU)
    16Gb G-Skill Trident X running at 2400Mhz (RAM)
    X2 - GTX Titan Black (SLI)
    As with another of the many threads about this, I feel bad for you that you have a 3K+ PC and can't play in Cyro without problems. I don't have half of what you do in computing power or video rendering and Cyro works fine for me. Yes I drop down in FPS when I get into a Keep battle but nothing remotely like what many of you see. The lowest I've seen is 11 FPS but the average low is ~17 FPS which is perfectly fine to play in, hell I raided in WoW for 4 years with never better than 14-18 FPS in 25mans until they fixed that a few years ago. My average in Cyro is 40+ with many times seeing over 50 FPS.

Gen 4 Core i3-4130
    8 GB Corsair Dominator 1600 Mhz RAM
    GTX 560 Ti 1GB (non-SLi) playing to dual 24" 1920 x 1080
    Win 7-64 Home

ESO: Ultra on everything except VSync off and Distance at half
    Edited by DeLindsay on December 26, 2014 1:10AM
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to be rude but I don't call 17-20fps playable. That gives me a headache. Studies were done on this, to be perceived as fluid motion you need 30fps a bare minimum. Your tv runs at 30fps, movies run at 30fps or higher. It puts strain on your eyes when dropping below that threshold and viewing it for extended periods.

Of course all of us will probably be blind by age 50 ;)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    Not to be rude but I don't call 17-20fps playable. That gives me a headache. Studies were done on this, to be perceived as fluid motion you need 30fps a bare minimum. Your tv runs at 30fps, movies run at 30fps or higher. It puts strain on your eyes when dropping below that threshold and viewing it for extended periods.

Of course all of us will probably be blind by age 50 ;)
    24 FPS I thought..
    Options
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they added sli/crossfire support? I thought this was still an issue. I get better rates if I turn my crossfire off.
    Options
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have they added sli/crossfire support? I thought this was still an issue. I get better rates if I turn my crossfire off.

Nope. No support still.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS in ESO is pretty amazing. That being said there is a bug when hit by a certain abilities in certain ways, fps will drop to 5 and need a relog. It used to be the Templar javelin that caused it. It went away for awhile after a patch, then came back and seems to infected a couple other abilities. It's rare, but it happens every once and awhile.

Server side latency in Cyrodiil is directly related to 100's of players in small areas spamming AoEs. It's a lot better since caps were lowered, but still happens, just much less frequent. The changing of the AoE caps is supposed to help this issue.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just needs to come clean with the players and say that they cannot fix the lag, animation issues, sounds issues, Ping issues associated with Cyrodiil game play. Of course we all know that is not going to happen. They do not want to cut their own throat and by admitting they cannot will cause them to loose a good deal of players. I for one am sick and tired of FPS drops to 13 or lower, being stuck in animation, complete lack of sound and high Ping rates when attacking keeps with many players involved or going up against large groups of players in PvP. Their favorite replies, Where were you, what were you doing, or the favorite, "We are aware of the problem and working on a Fix" has just got old. The problems in Cyrodiil have been complained about since game release. If ZOS could of fixed the Cyrodiil problems, they would of been or should of been fixed by now.
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    ZOS just needs to come clean with the players and say that they cannot fix the lag, animation issues, sounds issues, Ping issues associated with Cyrodiil game play. Of course we all know that is not going to happen. They do not want to cut their own throat and by admitting they cannot will cause them to loose a good deal of players. I for one am sick and tired of FPS drops to 13 or lower, being stuck in animation, complete lack of sound and high Ping rates when attacking keeps with many players involved or going up against large groups of players in PvP. Their favorite replies, Where were you, what were you doing, or the favorite, "We are aware of the problem and working on a Fix" has just got old. The problems in Cyrodiil have been complained about since game release. If ZOS could of fixed the Cyrodiil problems, they would of been or should of been fixed by now.

Coming clean would only be the finishing touch... they've been slitting their throats one paper cut at a time since may.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO's large scale PvP, where every fight involving more than 20 people results in low framerates and high latency.

Enjoy the framerates and latency while frantically trying not to get Sniped!

And the best part? Every single player has noticed the decline of Cyrodiil performance since patch 1.2.3, yet ZOS keeps insisting that this patch was fine.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on December 28, 2014 1:51PM
    Options
  • Meilinka
    Meilinka
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing in Cyro since a few weeks after launch, my experience in there is that my fps/lag has steadily gotten worse as time has gone on.

I play this game to play in Cyro, pve land just isn't my thing.

Mei
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I upgraded my cable provider to super duper high speed internet N bought a new modem N wifi tower . Now I only crash when PVPing on Ultra High graphics or if there's a 3 way battle going on . I've had fraps , TS and Add ins running at the same time . I have no idea why that helped I'm not a computer tech but it really did . Now I lag once in a while instead of all the time .

Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a lot of variables that go into this, but i can not disagree that ZOS needs coding help with setting up their network to handle the load during prime time.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • sKorcheD
    sKorcheD
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    I upgraded my cable provider to super duper high speed internet N bought a new modem N wifi tower . Now I only crash when PVPing on Ultra High graphics or if there's a 3 way battle going on . I've had fraps , TS and Add ins running at the same time . I have no idea why that helped I'm not a computer tech but it really did . Now I lag once in a while instead of all the time .

Your new bandwidth definitely helped but more than anything the lower population caps did. Unfortunely that's only a bandaid not addressing the real problem. Hope they tackle it in 1.6. This game looks good on ultra but it's not very gpu melting intensive this game should run a lot better than it does for the peeps that have high-end setups. This game is beautiful in 3dVision, just don't try to PvP with it on.
    Larrdok - Pact
    Filthy Barbarian
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sKorcheD wrote: »
    roechacca wrote: »

Your new bandwidth definitely helped but more than anything the lower population caps did. Unfortunely that's only a bandaid not addressing the real problem. Hope they tackle it in 1.6. This game looks good on ultra but it's not very gpu melting intensive this game should run a lot better than it does for the peeps that have high-end setups. This game is beautiful in 3dVision, just don't try to PvP with it on.

I agree fully man
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While FPS still DROPS in large scale battles, there is a trick with down sampling that can help by lowering your post processing but upping your resolution to 2x or 3 of your desktop's resolution. If you're playing full screen (not windowed or windowed full screen) this will force the higher resolution into the lower screen, thus keeping high quality, smoother edges, and hopefully high fps.

This doesn't work in all situations and if you attempty to stream with a overlay that has to 'draw' onto the stream, then OBS and a few other capture software won't work properly. That means things like face rig, follower notices, and chat display don't show up right. This is at least the issue I ran into =s

Here is a more detailed article on it http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/26rkgb/play_eso_at_4k_on_any_monitor/
    Edited by HeroOfNone on December 29, 2014 2:25PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saying it's poorly optimized implies there is some optimization in the first place.

Each patch they've steadily been removing such features, resulting in worse performance over time. This is my leading indicator that the current development team are a bunch of blithering, incompetent fools.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is my leading indicator that the current development team are a bunch of blithering, incompetent fools.
    Or as Columba would say : "impulse lagspamming monkeys"
    Edited by Etaniel on December 29, 2014 4:35PM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its far better optimized that guild wars 2 was.....good enough for me.
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL. Can't imagine how terrible GW2 was then..

Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I didn't lag nearly as badly nor did i crash nearly as often in GW2.
    Options
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    Actually I didn't lag nearly as badly nor did i crash nearly as often in GW2.

I will admit the crashes are less often and there wasnt network lag on gw2. But the graphics lag was wayyy worse with 1/8 the amount of players on the screen. Theres on reason to be at 15-20fps with 20 players on the screen like gw2.
    Options