Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

double CC break

NotSo
NotSo
✭✭✭✭
So I've been sneaking around a lot recently and whenever a melee NB gets the jump on me I get stunned (because of stealth attack) which I CC break > so now I have a CC immunity to CC effects for 4 seconds(?) only the NB immediately follows up his stealth attack (which I just CC broke) with a fear and now I have to CC break again. I thought I was CC immune.

question:
is this intended
is there a workaround
am indirectly making all NBs the FOTM just by bringing this dilemma to light
Edited by NotSo on December 25, 2014 1:47AM
Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has never happened to me.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst is breaking a cc and then being cc'do multiple times right after. I get it multiple times a night. I thoroughly enjoy the cc root + fear combo in fights. Or being feared and then feared again right after I just broke that fear.

Simply put the cc immunity is a great idea; just poorly implemented.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last few days in Cyrodill, I could break fear cc but there was not a follow up to test and I kept immovable up mostly at these times.

However, I noticed the trolls ogres in Stormhaven were using fear repeatedly on my sorc the other day and it did seem as though immunity wasn't working, but I just assumed it expired and didn't give it another thought. That area allows for a lot of easy testing of fear so I'll double check and let you know if at least the immunity with fear isn't working.
    Edited by Sacadon on December 25, 2014 5:17AM
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The worst is breaking a cc and then being cc'do multiple times right after. I get it multiple times a night. I thoroughly enjoy the cc root + fear combo in fights. Or being feared and then feared again right after I just broke that fear.

Centechlong's much better about avoiding it. Ask him for tips on how to play a DK.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah OP. Can't fear when swirls are around your feet. If I try it 100 times, 100 times it will fail.
    Edited by TheBull on December 25, 2014 5:16AM
    Options
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this has to do with latency, as this has happened to me quite a few times since I have been visiting my family and playing with about 200+ ping. This never happened when I was at home with around 40 ping.

But that's the general formula, hard cc followed by another hard cc while your cc breaking the first one, not only do you not get immunity from the first cc, but you have to pay for it twice.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Centechlong's much better about avoiding it. Ask him for tips on how to play a DK.

I hope Santa leaves you a bag of used [woman play products] from tripwire's elf workshop :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hope Santa leaves you a bag of used [woman play products] from tripwire's elf workshop :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

He said he's out. They all went to your mom. ;)
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean it was a serious hole for me to get out of. Took them 24 hours to get me out.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean it was a serious hole for me to get out of. Took them 24 hours to get me out.

Probably not the only guy who had that problem.
    Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this has to do with latency, as this has happened to me quite a few times since I have been visiting my family and playing with about 200+ ping. This never happened when I was at home with around 40 ping.

But that's the general formula, hard cc followed by another hard cc while your cc breaking the first one, not only do you not get immunity from the first cc, but you have to pay for it twice.

It is 100% a latency issue. I have been playing from the UAE for the past month and I encounter this quite a lot.

The server receives the cc commands easily but the breaking/immunity generally doesn't make it through. The problem is the animation will show but the actual cc break w/immunity will not be present. It is the same with all abilities with a high latency. I typically run around 495 and have to cast abilities 4-5 times before they actually register.

Marek
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Latency makes sense.

I've never had this problem either but I have a good connection.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably not the only guy who had that problem.

happy holidays agrippa, i sure do miss you in game!
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've been sneaking around a lot recently and whenever a melee NB gets the jump on me I get stunned (because of stealth attack) which I CC break > so now I have a CC immunity to CC effects for 4 seconds(?) only the NB immediately follows up his stealth attack (which I just CC broke) with a fear and now I have to CC break again. I thought I was CC immune.

question:
    is this intended
    is there a workaround
    am indirectly making all NBs the FOTM just by bringing this dilemma to light

In a decent enough test (ogres in northern Stormhaven), the CC immunity does work. Cyrodiil is unique though, and the experiences of both @JackDaniell‌ and @PenguinInACan‌ I've had as well. So I believe this is more of a reliability issue in Cyrodiil than a CC immunity issue.
    Options