The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there monsters in PVE that have a damage shield?

hrothbern
hrothbern
✭✭✭✭✭
greetings,

I am a Vet 7 NB. slowly developing since April and no PVP experience.

As preparation for PVP, with probably increasing amount of damage shields after introducing the Champion System, I want to test the abilities of my character on adds with damage shields. Do they all still work? eg siphoning?
So what monsters have a damage shield?
"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as I know, the only relevant information needed, is that you can not crit against something with a damage shield up (just as you can not crit against something that is blocking), and you have to get used to doing damage without seeing the targets healthbar move...
    But while blocking monsters exist a-plenty, damage shields are basically exclusively the domain of a few, select, 4-player dungeon bosses.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen generic mobs put up what I think is a damage shield. It is the glowing wall with some kind of symbol on it and they move slowly while it is up. Anyway, I can't do any damage to them while it is up. There are also the casters that put up an ice wall, but that is easy to jump over if you can't destroy the ice wall in time.

Can't tell you specifically where they are, I just see these things used against me in battles.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shielded mobs:

2nd boss in darkshade caverns
    final boss in crypt of hearts
    enraged flesh atros in spindleclutch
    spider lady boss after killing spiders in fungal
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great!
    So I can check out this shield with a symbol (was it a Alit?), the frost wall and the 4 bosses
    Thx :-)
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU