Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having alot of deaths

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know what i'm doing wrong but i die alot in this game. I'm blocking and dodging so much that i'm not hitting mobs. I've never died so much at early lvls in any mmo before. Lvl 8 and 2 lvl 5 fire imps kill me in seconds. Starting to get frustrated so i'm going to start over with a new character. Maybe i made a mistake in skill and class choice. I had a redguard dk and after tutorial i got to Daggerfall and went to see the sea captain that rescued me and sailed with her to another place. Should i have done this?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imps can hit harder than you'd think.
    It's important not to stand in the red circles.
    They draw up a fire line attack, you can interrupt that (bash) or move away from it.
    Other than that, yeah you can die a lot in this game in the beginning until you get the hang of it. You're not alone.

You did the right thing sailing off to the small islands. They are the tutorial areas.

Feel free to ask further questions, and welcome to Tamriel :-)
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you should go to the islands they give you an easier start. I dont play DK but I think redguard is ok, it is hard to say more without more information. I suggest you join a friendly guild who can help you. If you are interested and in EU whisper me in game.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you have a higher level character that can craft make you gear for your L3, you won't survive the first zone you are dropped in. The islands are there to get you to L6 to L8 in a nice easy manner. In other words it won't kill you too much. Then once you are L6 to L8, Glenumbra becomes a place you can handle.

You will find the starter islands are much more suited to a starter character especially using the stuff you are going to come across in the game as loot (as you can't afford to buy anything yet).

If your on the NA server, Lone Wolf Help is a guild that can be nice to join. We are here for fun and to help each other out. Send me a message in game and I can hook you up.
    Edited by Nestor on December 22, 2014 9:01PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys so much. I'm on the NA mega server. If anyone want to help me i would love that. When i make my new character i will get in touch with anyone that wants to help me ingame. Please pm me here. I will look up lone wolf.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    couple of things to note for a new player:

1. Always move. Not dodge roll and sprint, but keep moving. Positioning is paramount in ESO, even more than having the best skills is the ability to move and stay out of AOE.
    2. AOE hurts bad. Like real bad.
    3. See rule 1.
    4. You can cast spells while blocking.
    5. Resource management is almost as important as moving.
    hence if you are using a stamina build for damage and you are roll dodging and sprinting alot in heavy armor then that is not a recipe for fun. Get to know what your racial passives are as well as your armor passives.
    6. Slot one ability from each skill tree while you are leveling.
    7. Wear different sets of armor (light medium heavy) while you are leveling.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so i did screw up. I left the starter island to early. I don't know why i was just doing the storyline only. I missed getting alot quest and items that first time. And i rerolled a Templar and having a blast with him and died only once to a bad pull. Only level 6 but i'm seeing level 14 players there. So i guess i will explore the whole map.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My "usual" routine with a new character goes:
    Spawn in Daggerfall (I'm DC) and do all the quests within city limits. That will put me almost at level 5 usually.
    Then go do the 2 starter island. That will put me at level 8.
    Then start Glenumbra.
    If you gather up some ore, some jute or some hide, depending on your preference, I'm sure some kindly soul will craft you some beginner gear with bonuses on them, but it shouldn't really be necessary. Especially seeing as your new Templar has Biting Jabs ;)
    What weapon did you choose?
    If you go Sun Fire, Critical Charge (2H), Biting Jabs most mobs will crumble.
    Edited by Jitterbug on December 23, 2014 10:15AM