The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Question about required roles for 12 man trials

Sprinkles28
Sprinkles28
✭✭✭
What is the basic setup for 12 man trials?
For example...

1 Tank
3 Healers
8 DPS

Thanks
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The setup differs from trial to trial and even if some group formula has become somewhat standard doesn't mean that is the only or the best way to do it.

For normal AA the standard thing you see is,
    -1 tank
    -2 temp heals
    -2 sorcs(Negate)
    -2 NBs(Veils)
    -5 whatever DPS
    For Hel Ra it is pretty much the same except people will prefer dps with Crushing Shock. I repeat though this may not be the most efficient setup, just what you will generally see in a PUG that will not fail in a normal non speed run.Some people will do speed runs with 10 dps sorcs and such .

For SO there isn't a standard thing.
    Edited by PBpsy on December 13, 2014 10:11PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Sprinkles28
    Sprinkles28
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so it's pretty standard to have

1 Tank
    2 Healers
    9 DPS

Cool. I appreciate it. Thanks.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For AA/Hel Ra:
    1 tank, 1 healer, 1 sorc/offheal (putting down them negates) 9DPS.

You need a sorc that can regen enough ulti to negate both trash before 1rst boss and who can also put multiple negates down in The Mage's burn phase (aka have negate up after the first one is finished).

If you're running with pugs/not so good players, safest bet is 1 tank, 2 healers, 2 sorcs and 7 DPS.

If you want to get funky: 12 NBS or 12 Templars :D.

Nothing is set in stone though, but some stuff works better than others. The less Healers/sorcs you have, the better since it means you can get more DPS.
    Edited by TehMagnus on December 15, 2014 11:14AM
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    For AA/Hel Ra:

You need a sorc that can regen enough ulti to negate both trash before 1rst boss and who can also put multiple negates down in The Mage's burn phase (aka have negate up after the first one is finished).

If you're running with pugs/not so good players, safest bet is 1 tank, 2 healers, 2 sorcs and 7 DPS.

Nothing is set in stone though, but some stuff works better than others. The less Healers/sorcs you have, the better since it means you can get more DPS.

I couldn't agree less... I've never negated the mage so thats not a requirement, as far as the trash goes we mostly just run through it, however for some reason we still bring 2 healers even tho it really isn't necessary but i guess just in case is better than crap i need one... I really don't believe you NEED anything, play it the way you want there is strategies for everything and ive done them.
  • Sprinkles28
    Sprinkles28
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help. I wasn't necessarily looking for specifics of which class to bring, but was more interested in how many of each role. I wasn't sure if 2 tanks were needed, or three healers, etc. I think we'll start with 1 tank, 2 healers, and go from there. Again, thanks for the help.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubah wrote: »
    magnusnet wrote: »
    For AA/Hel Ra:

I couldn't agree less... I've never negated the mage so thats not a requirement, as far as the trash goes we mostly just run through it, however for some reason we still bring 2 healers even tho it really isn't necessary but i guess just in case is better than crap i need one... I really don't believe you NEED anything, play it the way you want there is strategies for everything and ive done them.

You actually agreed with me, mainly the bolded part, but nvm :). As for no sorc negating the trash: Dangerous because people could get aggro & die or be slowed down by some spells which leads to a waste of time. Same for mage, you can do it without sorc or negate but it's not safe, especially with only one healer.
    Edited by TehMagnus on December 15, 2014 4:43PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more about knowing what key skills need to be in place for each boss.

Like for instance:
    # of Veils
    # of Barriers
    # of Novas
    # of Negates

making sure someone is using elemental drain and everyone using evil hunter for when it applies.
    Making sure Dk has chains, etc, etc.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    It's more about knowing what key skills need to be in place for each boss.

Like for instance:
    # of Veils
    # of Barriers
    # of Novas
    # of Negates

making sure someone is using elemental drain and everyone using evil hunter for when it applies.
    Making sure Dk has chains, etc, etc.

Well, the only thing we really require is rapids and ED plus a crushing shock or 2 is nice, but realistically not needed. Definately makes things easier however not really a requirement, i guess if you are trying to perfect a run it would be a requirement but im pretty happy with what we do without all the random we need this or that stuff
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Hel Ra and AA can be done with any composition you want, the content is just too easy now. A tank and couple of ppl with a resto staff is all that is needed for heals.

My guild have decent times in both AA and Hel Ra, but we could improve both quite heavily.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK