The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best leveling setup to play with a friend?

Sunver
Sunver
✭✭✭
Hi there. Im aware that many people already asked for the best leveling build etc. but my question is slightly different:

Im going to start playing with my friend today. Im wondering what are the best setups to play together and to level up smoothly? Here are my examples:
  1. DPS+DPS(eg. Templar+Nightblade)
  2. Healer+DPS(Sorcerer+Nightblade).

I also heard that Templar with Healing Staff is a good option because of massive AoE and great mana pool with huge regeneration(from Staff).

Could you please give me some advice? Thank you in advance.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well no matter what type of character setup you try, just playing the game with a friend will make the game more exciting and fun for you both.
    I like the Templar + Dragon Knight, you can just about sweep through the quests and dungeons in every zone.
  • Lizelle
    Lizelle
    ✭✭✭
    I leveled up with my husband playing a Templar healer and he played a DK tank. We were able to do pretty much anything but we killed things pretty slowly. Templars do OK DPS leveling up but really start to show their weakness at it starting in vet level content.

We've recently created a second set of characters, I'm playing an NB and he's playing a Sorc. We kill things a lot faster! For dungeons I'm still healing as an NB and he's tanking as a Sorc though :P Not ideal but still working pretty well at v2... even for the vet dailies.
  • Etori
    Etori
    ✭✭✭
    Lizelle wrote: »
    I leveled up with my husband playing a Templar healer and he played a DK tank. We were able to do pretty much anything but we killed things pretty slowly. Templars do OK DPS leveling up but really start to show their weakness at it starting in vet level content.

We've recently created a second set of characters, I'm playing an NB and he's playing a Sorc. We kill things a lot faster! For dungeons I'm still healing as an NB and he's tanking as a Sorc though :P Not ideal but still working pretty well at v2... even for the vet dailies.

I don't think I've ever grouped on my Templar. I can say for certain that they are pretty damn good at PVE. Outside of group dungeons there has been very few things I haven't been able to do. I can easily kill groups of 4-5 mobs within a few seconds. Now that I am closing in on VR4 I have been even solo leveling just as fast using restoration staff because I need to get it level 50.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leveling a magic based dk right now, and it is the easiest character I have leveled (my 5th character through 1-50, and 4th through vet level).
    - Mojican
  • WraithGore
    One word of advice from one who did professions/crafting heavily in both beta and after going live. I helped a friend out by giving him potions and a slew of other items, plus made him some armor. If you already have a character in ESO I say use it to make some armor or potions even a weapon or three as you level your friends and your characters up. It could do a world of good. But the potions, stews/foods you can make are a fast ranking way to make items that help beef up a characters stamina etc... So if you don't already have a toon, I say one of you pick say mining and the other cooking for crafting skills, that way you can balance each other out and allow for an easier game play where not focusing contiually across the board. Plus, if you find one sky shard, immediately get your friend over to it as well, that way you can level faster together.

My 2 Cents err maybe 10... :)
    "When one is faced with adversity. Remember, a sledge hammer does a great job of smashing in the head of an enemy or just make a mess of a laptop gone awry."
    "Do or do not, there is no try...." We all know who said that.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well .... Due to my spaz-ly insistance on having a familiar, I only play socerers. Due to the fact that we are joined that the hip, my husband and I game together. That being said; we have

1-His socerer who went "magikca only"/light armor/ spells with high criticals & my dual-weild dunmer who divided points between stamina & magicka. I cast a few things, then go in and chop up baddies, then cast a bit more (rinse and repeat) accompanied by 2 familiars. He either casts ranged massive damage from 'behind' or gets out his restoration staff and just heals me and the familars up.

2-My sorc/ heavy armor & maul orc lass, and his dragonknight orc (the sister); we each have a spell or two from a distance, then just charge in for mayhem & it all works out.

3-His dragon knight in heavy armor/tank, and my "magika only" altmer with the destruction staff of doom & group damage spells.

It all boils down to having a variety of abilities available.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are skilled players and know the ins/outs of the game, doesn't matter. If not, go with one tanky, one that can deal heavy damage, with either one packing a heal of some sort.

rip decibel
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    We went for dual wield Nightblade(my friend) and Resto/2H maul Templar(me) and were doing pretty fine, getting different crafting skills(we dont compete for mats) and killing everything smooth. We kill group bosses and packs of 5-6 mobs(with my heavy AoE and his dmg spike). Anyway, thank you all for your worthy contribution to this thread and Im sure tips you provided will make our game even esier.

PS: Happy new year(in a few days) :)
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!