The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CLS - UI error solution?

Koensol
Koensol
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi folks,

Today I've been getting the following error when I log in:fpnw5xz34mri.png

I have tried the following and nothing worked:
- Reinstall
- Update
- /Reloadui
- Disable and activate again

The addon also doesn't show in "Setting --> Addon setting" window.

Am I the only one encountering this error? Could someone possibly tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Koensol on December 9, 2014 2:42PM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an additional error I just got:
    wmxjpwji0hm9.png
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that you have somehow damaged saved variables for CLS. Logout from the game and rename or delete file My Documents/ElderScrollOnline/live/SavedVariables/CombatLogStatistics.lua. You will have to configure CLS again, but it will fix the issue.
    Edited by Garkin on December 9, 2014 3:11PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    It seems that you have somehow damaged saved variables for CLS. Logout from the game and rename or delete file My Documents/ElderScrollOnline/live/SavedVariables/CombatLogStatistics.lua. You will have to configure CLS again, but it will fix the issue.
    Hey, I tried that and it created a new file. This however didn't fix the issue. I first got the error that is in the OP, when I dismiss thst and try to open CLS again, it gives me the same error as in my 2nd post... :(

• Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Hey, I tried that and it created a new file. This however didn't fix the issue. I first got the error that is in the OP, when I dismiss thst and try to open CLS again, it gives me the same error as in my 2nd post... :(

Did you really log out form the game before you have deleted CLS saved variables? If you do not log out, game will save corrupted variables from memory.

UI error explained:
    UI error on the first screenshot says that variable CLog.settings.Width exists, but it isn't a number. Because of this error main window is not created and you will get UI error displayed on the second screenshot.
    If you delete saved variables, they will be copied from defaults (CLog.Default). CLog.Default.Width is a number (400).

If you don't want to delete variables again, try type the following command to the chat window:
    /script CLog.settings.Width = 400; ReloadUI("ingame")

It will set width back to default value and reloads user interface.
    Edited by Garkin on December 9, 2014 3:48PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Did you really log out form the game before you have deleted CLS saved variables? If you do not log out, game will save corrupted variables from memory.

UI error explained:
    UI error on the first screenshot says that variable CLog.settings.Width exists, but it isn't a number. Because of this error main window is not created and you will get UI error displayed on the second screenshot.
    If you delete saved variables, they will be copied from defaults (CLog.Default). CLog.Default.Width is a number (400).

If you don't want to delete variables again, try type the following command to the chat window:
    /script CLog.settings.Width = 400; ReloadUI("ingame")

It will set width back to default value and reloads user interface.
    Aah I see what may be the problem. I adjusted the width of my CLS main window in the game. Soon after that the error occurred. And on the CLS addon page I see someone else having done the same and getting the same error. The addon probably does not allow for resizing its window.

I will try your fix when I get home. Thanks for your responses @Garkin‌ !

P.S. Yes I really closed down the game and renamed the file. Still it created the new one with the same error.

Edited by Koensol on December 9, 2014 4:22PM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Garkin‌ just wanted to let you know the code you gave didn't work, but after deleting variables the second time it was i deed fixed. Thanks again!
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    ::makes a mental note: fix the window resizing function:: I'll start looking at it this evening.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    katkat42 wrote: »
    ::makes a mental note: fix the window resizing function:: I'll start looking at it this evening.
    I have tested resizing and it works just fine.

I don't see anything wrong with:
    local Width = self:GetWidth()
    CLog.settings.Width = Width

Maybe just move it from OnMouseUp to OnResizeStop handler?
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that handler handles both resizing and moving the window. I wrapped a few values with tonumber() to help with that error.

The nil value error was related to the "show stats on my attacks and heals" displays. If you had more attacks or heals than lines in the window, you got an error. Version 3.0.3 truncates the list to the top numLines attacks/heals, which should solve that problem.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!