The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mini-maps and FPS

Jaxsun
Jaxsun
✭✭✭✭
I would like to use a mini-map add-on as I cannot stand the compass, however, I read that mini-maps can and do cause a drop in FPS. Is this true and is it for all mini-map add-ons or only specific ones? I tolerate the compass as is for now.
Thanks
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    All minimap addons lowers FPS because they have to update map pins in real time. If you use just minimap without addons that adds map pins, FPS drop will be minimal. However if you have addons which adds hundereds of map pins (for example HarvestMap), FPS drop could be significant.
    A while back I have tested Radar Mini Map addon (older version 0.433) with 1378 active pins. I had cca 48 FPS with enabled pins. With all pins disabled I had cca 96 FPS. Just for the record that much pins is really unusual and you will probably never have more then 300 active pins.
    I do not have accurate numbers for other minimap addons, but it seems to be almost the same.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent explanation, thanks for the info.