The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Second Race Motifs. Who would want them?

daswahnsinn
daswahnsinn
✭✭✭
I was thinking about this the other day. I like the way the Nord heavy armor looks but I get kind of bored with it after a while. I change the color then I'm not as bored but let me get to the point.

I was thinking about all nine races should have or get new crafting motifs so you can blend or just have two styles of armor for your race. I don't know or care about the color of the motif since if this did happen they would be over priced. Really would like to hear others comments about this and get the ball rolling.
| | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would be a nice addition, as long as it doesn't slow down the upcomig content :)
    Wololo.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    That would be a nice addition, as long as it doesn't slow down the upcomig content :)

I agree, but it seems like it would.... so I say it's a great idea if they do it after the big bad mass of content hurtling our way. They should also be purple drops in all zones OR be drops in certain delves or events (not trials, god we don't need more people grinding those) kinda like how they do the Dwemer stuff.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say no to more crafting styles.

But it would have to be the ten races, yes Imperials are a racial style, and while we have to have Imperial edition to play them, they are a player race.
    I was thinking about this the other day. I like the way the Nord heavy armor looks but I get kind of bored with it after a while. I change the color then I'm not as bored but let me get to the point.

You can mix and match the styles, for example I recently put Orcish Pauldrons on my DK Dunmer armour, and it works. Obviously you need to be careful because some looks don't combine well (Altmer and Bosmer for example(although I'm sure some bits do combine, the overall looks don't)).
    Edited by AlexDougherty on December 4, 2014 3:56PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    That would be cool
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about all nine races should have or get new crafting motifs so you can blend or just have two styles of armor for your race. I don't know or care about the color of the motif since if this did happen they would be over priced. Really would like to hear others comments about this and get the ball rolling.

You can do that right now. I mix racial styles all the time. Usually its the pauldrons as some stick out more than others and it can very from level to level. I always pick a shield that compliments the dyes I have picked so it's almost never from the same motif as the rest of the armor.

Here are some armor combos for you to consider:

http://eso-fashion.com/

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the idea of secondary motifs for each race (imperial included) but instead of making these another grind they should make them available for anyone who has reached master crafter level. As it stands right now there isn't much in the way of an award when you reach that level aside from a dye color.

It fits with the idea of making more "advanced" racial armors that only a master craftsmen would be able to do that. It doesn't seem like making these to add in wouldn't be terribly difficult to do, they would require art assets but having just a couple folks put them in surely wouldn't delay other content.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."