Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

visibility of player details in guild rosters

blueyonder
blueyonder
✭✭✭
stupid question, when a player is visible in your guild roster list as only their account name, but you cannot see any details of their character, and they are constantly listed as online less than one minute ago, does this mean they have put you on ignore? thanks
Edited by blueyonder on December 3, 2014 12:09PM
BLOOD FOR THE PACT
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who are logging through their alts will put themselves in "offline" mode so as to not spam their friends with "account name logged on with Furby Firespitter" and "account name logged off with Furby Firespitter". So, that could be part of it.

Sometimes I forget to put myself back into Online mode.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blueyonder wrote: »
    snip....when a player is visible in your guild roster list as only their account name, but you cannot see any details of their character..snip..does this mean they have put you on ignore? thanks

I've also wondered this myself as I run a larger guild and have seen this in my roster more than once.

From my experience it's not because of ignore. I'm the GM and these people joined my guild I hope they weren't ignoring me lol.

I assumed it's due to a player logged into the character creation menu. So they are logged into the game but not with any particular character.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • blueyonder
    blueyonder
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting. I put myself in offline mode so I don't spam people too. But it seems to defeat the privacy purpose of offline mode a little bit if you can tell that they are playing in offline mode. I always assumed that it would show your last listed online character when you are playing in offline. No idea actually and you could be right.

I don't think it means they are logged into the character creation screen, because there are people I see on the guild rosters who must therefore always be in this screen and never be playing.

I think they are always playing on offline mode, or they have me on their ignore list. It seems like as though the most sensible way for the ignore feature to operate would be that the ignored player can see the other player when they are online, but the ignoring player does not receive any communications from the ignored player, and does not see their tells in chats. But I'm not sure whether it actually does work this way.

I don't really care much either way, but it just would be interesting to know. I tried to find information about it in the FAQ's, but I couldn't find it.
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blueyonder wrote: »
    That's interesting. I put myself in offline mode so I don't spam people too. But it seems to defeat the privacy purpose of offline mode a little bit if you can tell that they are playing in offline mode. I always assumed that it would show your last listed online character when you are playing in offline. No idea actually and you could be right.

I don't think it means they are logged into the character creation screen, because there are people I see on the guild rosters who must therefore always be in this screen and never be playing.

I think they are always playing on offline mode, or they have me on their ignore list. It seems like as though the most sensible way for the ignore feature to operate would be that the ignored player can see the other player when they are online, but the ignoring player does not receive any communications from the ignored player, and does not see their tells in chats. But I'm not sure whether it actually does work this way.

I don't really care much either way, but it just would be interesting to know. I tried to find information about it in the FAQ's, but I couldn't find it.

If you find out I'd like to know as well :smile:
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]