The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level 34 ..first Cloth Write is FELL HIDE?

Olmoss
Olmoss
Soul Shriven
Says it all in title. Six pieces... I burnt through all my Fell Scraps mailed to my by my daily assistant over 6 months (I am soloing 7 characters and enjoying the scenery).
Now I find the only place to get more is Cold Harbor? Meanwhile I am carrying around the Fell armor in my overstuffed bag while trying to level enough to get some.
NOT happy!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olmoss wrote: »
    Says it all in title. Six pieces... I burnt through all my Fell Scraps mailed to my by my daily assistant over 6 months (I am soloing 7 characters and enjoying the scenery).
    Now I find the only place to get more is Cold Harbor? Meanwhile I am carrying around the Fell armor in my overstuffed bag while trying to level enough to get some.
    NOT happy!

Well crafting level 34 is an appropriate level to be crafting VR gear, which is what is being expressed.

It's a bit annoying I'll admit, especially if you are not high enough a level characterwise.

I also am levelling multiple characters (do an area, rotate onto the next character repeat), and as such I am just about keeping crafting and character levels at comparable levels (I can craft for next level just, and am researching like mad).

But I've only been doing three (just started fourth (nightblade)), so I imagine with seven you are higher craft level than character level. The only thing I can suggest, is focus on one or two characters, and get them up to Coldharbour to be mat gathering.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olmoss wrote: »
    NOT happy!
    Break down the Fell armor, it will give you some. If it's the bits you made for the writ, that changes the equation.

Go look at the Guild Stores. Fell hide is the rarest of hides so you might have to look around a bit but it should be there for you. I buy a good part of the mats for various crafting writs and still make a small profit.
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way the writs work is to determine your level based on the points you've spent in your Tailoring Perk or equivalent in the crafts. If you have problems it is because your characters perk is higher than necessary to construct armour for their character level. Your choices are to level up to the appropriate amount or to re-spec.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a level 18 Enchanter/Alchemist and a level 21 Blacksmith that are either maxed out or 48+ in their crafts. They both deliver to the Hollow City in Coldharbour.
    Options
  • Olmoss
    Olmoss
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks all. That explains things to me.
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place I have ever found Fell Hide is from Clanfears and Netches in certain parts of Coldharbour. I used to go farm em' when I needed some.

It's not surprising it's rare.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so much Fell Hide it is coming out of my ears. Send me a message in game and we can do some business.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options