The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templer Tank builds 1.6 -- looking for advice

Blud
Blud
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a VR14 Templar. I've mainly been soloing (and enjoying it) with occasional group pve when a few people in my guild are up for it. Mostly, my guild is casual, has been around in other games for a few years, but not much into pve. We mainly do pvp together as we have in all our past games. I've focused on healing, but that's really not very challenging in Cyro, since most people can heal.

I'm interested in seeing what pve has to offer in this game and I'd like to tank as I have in past pve games I've played. I want to go 7/7 heavy or 5/2 heavy/light. I don't like light armor tanking and I believe ZOS will be making heavy armor better for pve if they haven't already.

I will be starting out with crafted sets, so please keep that in mind and if you have any advice about that, I'd be interested as well as whatever you have to say about skills, attributes, etc.

If you know of any good existing threads or sites, please link, as well.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by Blud on December 1, 2014 11:47AM
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my quick build of how I'd go with templar tanking: link
    Obviously replace the abilities in a way that suit you and some of them would be more useful than others in specific situations. For example fighting one target, fighting a pack of undead, having the need to charge in or to aggro distant mobs with Blazing Spear etc.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For itemization, I think 5 pieces of Hist Bark set (crafted) are a safe bet.

You should also try to acquire footman (dropped in Dragonstar Arena) rings and necklace, with 2 extra armor pieces, as it gives extra damage mitigation when blocking and is currently a must-have for tanks.

While gathering your footman, you can fill the gaps with 4 pieces of Shalidor's Curse or Death's Wind or Alessia's Bulwark (anything with health, stamina, stamina regen, healing taken, armor or spell resistance will do) depending on what you need most.

Later on you can add pieces of the heavy gear dropped in trials, which offers powerful set bonuses and nice designs.

[crafted sets for reference]
    Edited by Gyudan on December 1, 2014 12:46PM
    Wololo.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the posts, guys.

By the way, are there any good sites other than Tamriel Foundry that discuss builds? I can see a couple of builds there, but those forums don't seem very active.

I know there are builds here, but since things are changing a lot these days, I like to see up-to-date info, especially with changes since 1.5 and 1.6.