The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Who else is trying to decide whether or not to sell their stock of tomatoes before 1.6 hits PTS?

Rodario
Rodario
✭✭✭✭✭
The provisioning revamp could make tomatoes, oats, pepper, etc. obsolete, less valuable, more valuable, or not change their market value at all.

I've been feeling a strong urge to get rid of most of my stock before the 1.6 patch notes are available, as I've been hoarding around 500k's worth of provisioning mats and fear they'll be worthless soon.

ZOS have stated that most provisioning mats will be converted to the new versions, but who knows if there will still be mats as rare (and valuable) as oats are today.

I do not expect any new info on the subject to be posted here, I'm simply wodering if I'm the only one stewing over this.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not an investment banker.
Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
{EU/DC}
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know this too. I'd also like to know what will happen to the purple recipes that are currently worthless...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They seem to be saying that the ingredients won't be level biased anymore, that could mean we can craft the recipes for any level (provided we have skill point for that level).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone would buy them because of the reasons you gave.

It sucks because I've been getting three tomatoes a day lately.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest crafting your purple food. Certain mats might lose their value and it's impossible to know which, if any, but theoretically purple food should retain its value. Whatever the new system looks like, purple food should be harder to acquire mats for and make, and therefore it should be worth more. Hard to know without more specifics, but that seems the safest bet to me.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »
    The provisioning revamp could make tomatoes, oats, pepper, etc. obsolete, less valuable, more valuable, or not change their market value at all.

I've been feeling a strong urge to get rid of most of my stock before the 1.6 patch notes are available, as I've been hoarding around 500k's worth of provisioning mats and fear they'll be worthless soon.

ZOS have stated that most provisioning mats will be converted to the new versions, but who knows if there will still be mats as rare (and valuable) as oats are today.

I do not expect any new info on the subject to be posted here, I'm simply wodering if I'm the only one stewing over this.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not an investment banker.

Another thing you could do is using up the ingredients and sell the food, I guess this will never get "old", or worthless ;)
    I always keep certain ingredients, especially the rare ones, so I always have enough food for all my characters. Or if friends ask for it, I just cook some stuff for them, too :)

Edit: I forgot to say, I'm pretty sure we'll still know f.e. the learned purple recipes (wouldn't be fair if not, after such a long time farming ;)), so I guess we'll still have some rare ingredients as well.
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on November 30, 2014 11:38AM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing your all over looking is that will purple food even have buffs on it after the re-vamp? I would not put it past them to remove the buffs claiming..."It wont work with the new system if we have old foods in the database too"
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used it all up making food. I'm a terrible investor too. :D
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have only started investing in provisioning hirelings recently, but I'm already sitting on over 1000 oats, tomatoes and peppers. Honestly I don't really care about selling them. It's not like there's a real difference in having a few extra hundred thousands of gold. There's nothing to buy anyway.
    So ... wait and see. :|
    Edited by Gyudan on November 30, 2014 2:36PM
    Wololo.
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest crafting your purple food. Certain mats might lose their value and it's impossible to know which, if any, but theoretically purple food should retain its value. Whatever the new system looks like, purple food should be harder to acquire mats for and make, and therefore it should be worth more. Hard to know without more specifics, but that seems the safest bet to me.

That hadn't occured to me and at first I agreed that would be a safe bet, but then I remembered the promised VR10 foods and the changed material requirements.

Even if our already produced foods stay the same quality, they (or their equivalents) will no longer be max level and might become cheaper to make, thus less valuable.
    {EU/DC}
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm gonna wait for the PTS notes, try to sell all mats if the notes indicate value decrease, hoping to find some uninformed buyers (non-forum-readers).
    {EU/DC}
  • otis67
    otis67
    ✭✭✭
    I sell them as I get them.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    I have only started investing in provisioning hirelings recently, but I'm already sitting on over 1000 oats, tomatoes and peppers. Honestly I don't really care about selling them. It's not like there's a real difference in having a few extra hundred thousands of gold. There's nothing to buy anyway.

I noticed you removed " i gathered 10 million gold" from your signature.
    Does it have anything to do with the same thing i have noticed? That because the level cap has not been raised for a while, people are dumping their gold mats so now all the stock has been devalued, not just oats but also dreugh wax, rosin etc.
    What used to be worth 10.000 k is now worth considerably less.

And at the same time there is massive inflation going on, for example in high end juwelery. Interesting economy eso has :smile:
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say maybe at least wait until it hits PTS so you can jump on there and find out.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna wait for the PTS notes, try to sell all mats if the notes indicate value decrease, hoping to find some uninformed buyers (non-forum-readers).

Someone in my guild was selling a stack of pepper in one of my trade guilds for 40 k, so 400 each. This is enough for 800 hours of gameplay.

Had been collecting them since early access. Over the same period the recipe that uses them has come down in price from 350 k to 3 k
    Food from 250 g each to 90 g each. Some other fun facts.
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most will wait to patch 1.6 hits PST.
    Then the market will get flooded or drained.
    We know fishing will now provide fish for food
    We know some containers will stop dropping food\drinks.
    Basket of apples = apples but desk = no food

Sell now or save now is the question
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm saving my stuff for now.

I think if they were to take all the rare ingredients and make them worthless it would be a pretty big mistake. Not saying they couldn't get easier to get hold of and lose some value, but I don't think it will be too crazy.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    Gyudan wrote: »

I noticed you removed " i gathered 10 million gold" from your signature.
    Does it have anything to do with the same thing i have noticed? That because the level cap has not been raised for a while, people are dumping their gold mats so now all the stock has been devalued, not just oats but also dreugh wax, rosin etc.
    What used to be worth 10.000 k is now worth considerably less.

And at the same time there is massive inflation going on, for example in high end juwelery. Interesting economy eso has :smile:

I gave up trying to understand ESO's "economy". After gathering my 3rd stack of dreugh wax I stopped caring. Now I'm just upgrading any item I deem worthy to legendary quality, switching builds as I please. I can't eat food fast enough to use all my materials, so the stocks just keep growing :<

Maybe when they add housing or any decent gold sink it will be fun again, but for now gold is as useful as a mudcrab pet.
    Edited by Gyudan on December 1, 2014 12:10AM
    Wololo.