The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

templar healing and ap?

Palindrome
Palindrome
✭✭✭
so i am curious why is it that a resto staff regen (mutagen or rapid regen) grants AP every tick and yet the templar class ability Cleansing Ritual and its morphs reward nothing neither on cast or on tick

this is just a side note and really not as much concern as the fact that we flat out do not get rewarded for some of our class healing spells, however i do feel it is worth mention
Breath of life, i can heal allies for over 2/3 of their health and i get 25 ap for it when you kill said player you would get hundreds. would it not be right to give healers a reward more in line with the players kill value

just some thoughts off the top of my head but, if a player is worth 1000ap when killed and a healer heals said player for 65% of their total health the healer should receive 650AP
and i understand this value would have to deminish in the same way that kill value diminishes. if a target is healed repeatedly over a short time the AP reward for healing should drop off.
Edited by Palindrome on November 29, 2014 11:05PM
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that heals should give more AP but to have it drop off after repeated heals would be counter productive as I personally heal my group a ton. Also my understanding is that if I heal someone who then defeats another player then I get passive AP from what that player does. I also agree about the restro stave and class heal imbalance, but of course the common answer I expect to see is well use a Restro stave then.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just be glad you have a class healing skill (or even 5 different ones).
    My sorcerer has 0. Daedric Summoning pets don't give much AP either.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 29, 2014 11:06PM
    Wololo.
  • Palindrome
    Palindrome
    ✭✭✭
    I am right there with you, as i heal my groups constantly and as much as i would hate to see the value drop off i feel there is no other answer else everyone would scream and cry that we get kill value constantly.
    however in those situations where a battle has just begun and a healer preforms a life saving breath of life for over 2k getting 25ap is kinda a slap in the face.
    as for resto staff i do use one, and i use at least one of its skills at all time not because i think it is the most effective way to keep my group alive but rather because it is the only way to stay competitive with AP gains.

I feel we are already getting the reduced value as is. i would expect that those first few heals that really keep the battle moving to be a higher (nearly kill worthy) value and the amounts we are currently seeing on live to be the reduced value for a fight that has been going on for some time

and this is kinda the point i am getting to. rather that slotting a skill that could be a make or break in a fight i am forced to take an already limited skill load out and reduce it by 20% so that i can have a nearly worthless skill (when compared to other options) that gains fair ap
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    problem is im sure people would find a way to exploit it with cross-faction buddies
  • McLukos
    McLukos
    ✭✭✭
    Iggybot wrote: »
    problem is im sure people would find a way to exploit it with cross-faction buddies

Agreed... too many dishonest folks would be jumpin on this.