The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting :(

timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
Ohh, man crafting is lame in this game, they told us before release, ohh yea crafting will be the spinding wheels. Yea my ass, I have never seen one text in the chat(In any of them) where players are looking for crafters.
Men in almost any other mmorpg, half the chat is spamed, with player looking for crafters all the time.

So what happend to thies "words" Zenimax?
FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
- Be Anyone.
- Do Anything.
- Go Anywhere.
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    Most people have their own crafters or ask in guild chat. Its not worth even logging into your crafter for most of what people ask for in zone chat. Crafting needs work for sure...its too easy for everyone to have a crafting alt. Crafted sets need to be better and they need to be extremely hard to craft and the materials need to be rare for the crafter to matter.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    players are useing dougen drops, fare more then crafted. But knew that *** would happen, after they added "doungen raid" as any other lame mmorpgs out there.
    beside that I am a crafter on my "one and only character" So no money this way :/
    Edited by timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO on November 29, 2014 5:47PM
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh, man crafting is lame in this game, they told us before release, ohh yea crafting will be the spinding wheels. Yea my ass, I have never seen one text in the chat(In any of them) where players are looking for crafters.
    Men in almost any other mmorpg, half the chat is spamed, with player looking for crafters all the time.

I'm gonna guess you play from 2-3am CST on NA, and I have to agree zone chat is dead at that time, especially for those looking for Crafters... Ok, sarcasm aside, I see players looking for Crafters and Crafters selling their wares every day in chat on AD side, EVERY SINGLE DAY, ALL DAY LONG. That paired with the fact that the majority of players doing end game content, currently considered Vet DSA and Sanctum Ophidia, still use at least some crafted gear because it's superior to even the drops in those instances. There are the defacto sets like Warlock, Footman, Healer, Aether that are the go-to's of their role like DPS/Tank/Healing but outside of those (and maybe a small handful of others) crafted gear IS superior to other dropped gear. In any case there SHOULD be at least some part of every character that's dropped set items from end game content as BiS.

There are players all day looking for [X] Trait Crafters, players looking to buy certain Glyphs, Potions, Food as well as players selling all of the above and even individual Trait gear for research, which they learned themselves via Crafting and have been making money on it since then. Crafting in ESO is very good and the crafted gear is still superior in many cases to any other type of gear found in ESO.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suggest you check this thread about the latest addition to PVE drops and how good it is compared to crafted sets.

Also, in ESO Live (01:29:00), Paul Sage said he hoped there would be more unique items open to crafters. I'd like to see that too, rather sooner than later, because right now crafting is quite lame indeed.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 29, 2014 7:08PM
    Wololo.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Players look for crafters all the time. They just tend to look in guilds or to their friends because random zone chat crafters tend to massively overcharge for everything.

Also, crafting is easy. Everybody can do it, so anyone that has been playing this game for a while probably has done the research and just makes their own stuff.
    Edited by timidobserver on November 29, 2014 7:14PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nM985D3.jpg
    Wololo.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They made it too easy to level the crafts by introducing writs, 280% inspiration white drops, nerfing enchanting leveling by 50%+, and redoing 3-6 trait sets to be better than 8 or 9 trait sets.

Some of the moves the make with respect to crafting indicate that their crafting team does not craft in this game. Adding nirnhone in a way that penalized master crafters really sticks in my craw.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They made it too easy to level the crafts by introducing writs, 280% inspiration white drops, nerfing enchanting leveling by 50%+, and redoing 3-6 trait sets to be better than 8 or 9 trait sets.

Some of the moves the make with respect to crafting indicate that their crafting team does not craft in this game. Adding nirnhone in a way that penalized master crafters really sticks in my craw.

This....plus the latest crafting addition, Dwemer. Getting the motifs was relatively easy, but the dwemer scraps drop rate is beyond ridiculous. They are not as hard to get as nirncrux, but at least you don't need 10 nirncrux before you can craft something.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    I suggest you check this thread about the latest addition to PVE drops and how good it is compared to crafted sets.

Also, in ESO Live (01:29:00), Paul Sage said he hoped there would be more unique items open to crafters. I'd like to see that too, rather sooner than later, because right now crafting is quite lame indeed.

That is really nothing special. I'm not sure how that is better than my standard Hunding's Mother set I hang on both my and my son's NBs.

If you are killing wholesale, which is where gaining benefit from deaths really helps, you don't need speed, the Stamina back is nice though. As well, for VR14, none of those numbers are especially good. Hunding's Rage is better and with the added 8% Weapon Crit and 4% Spell Crit from 4 Night Mother ... well I have found nothing better.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That is really nothing special. I'm not sure how that is better than my standard Hunding's Mother set I hang on both my and my son's NBs.

If you are killing wholesale, which is where gaining benefit from deaths really helps, you don't need speed, the Stamina back is nice though. As well, for VR14, none of those numbers are especially good. Hunding's Rage is better and with the added 8% Weapon Crit and 4% Spell Crit from 4 Night Mother ... well I have found nothing better.
    How are those numbers not good? It's the same crit as Hunding, with lower weapon damage bonus but instead stamina return AND ability cost reduction. The same reduction that made everyone and their mother wear Seducer.
    Edited by Rosveen on December 2, 2014 11:47PM
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

How are those numbers not good? It's the same crit as Hunding, with lower weapon damage bonus but instead stamina return AND ability cost reduction. The same reduction that made everyone and their mother wear Seducer.

It's less than a ring to me. I can hang more Stamina Reduction than that on jewelery.

Certainly my sorcs wear Seducer but it just allows more stuff in the jewelery department really.

It's all a trade off. Because I can do everything at max level with my crafting army, I can make the numbers do what I want them to. This set is no big deal for me.

Oh yeah. My wildly pampered new, level 18, potion guzzling NB, gets new Hunding's Mother every 2 - 4 levels. He is a bit OP I think. So I can come up with that twice a day sometimes. ;) Go hunt your spiffy stuff, have fun
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on December 2, 2014 11:56PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting is super easy to level so almost everyone has a crafter or two, or in a guild with 10+ crafters. Basic supply and demand.

So much supply, so little demand = no profit. All the best sets are drops only so crafters are only good for making a dropped item into legendary but as there is only a very small different, even that is not worth it.

They need to allow max crafters to modifty armor\weapons. Eg allow them to change the trait stone on a dropped armor\weapon or even convert armor type (med to light etc)

The only trade skill that makes real money is selling stacks of potions for 10k a pop.
    Edited by Natjur on December 3, 2014 12:57AM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Crafting is super easy to level so almost everyone has a crafter or two, or in a guild with 10+ crafters. Basic supply and demand.

So much supply, so little demand = no profit. All the best sets are drops only so crafters are only good for making a dropped item into legendary but as there is only a very small different, even that is not worth it.

They need to allow max crafters to modifty armor\weapons. Eg allow them to change the trait stone on a dropped armor\weapon or even convert armor type (med to light etc)

The only trade skill that makes real money is selling stacks of potions for 10k a pop.
    You obviously aren't doing it right then. Take Nirnhoned trait items, those are STILL selling for 12-16K each. Pots are NOT a high profit item, just a high demand item. The value of (25) of 3 different herbs + the Water is just over 9K, meaning at 10K/sale you're making less than 1K for something that takes quite a while to process, but a single Nirnhoned trait weapon/armor sells for 7-11K over the cost of the Nirncrux/mats for almost no work at all.

You're also incorrect about the best gear being dropped only. Almost everyone uses SOME crafted items in their setup paired along with those drops like Footman, Warlock, Aether, etc. I do agree though that Master Crafters should be able to change the trait of an item, even if it's at great cost or some complicated process. Also I'd like them to allow players to repair their own armor/weapons (if their skill is high enough in said profession) at a cost of the materials that made it. So if you have a 50% durability loss to your chest and it cost 15 Voidstone Ingots to craft it (even as a dropped item) then it would take 7-8 bars to repair it to 100%.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    You obviously aren't doing it right then. Take Nirnhoned trait items, those are STILL selling for 12-16K each. Pots are NOT a high profit item, just a high demand item. The value of (25) of 3 different herbs + the Water is just over 9K, meaning at 10K/sale you're making less than 1K for something that takes quite a while to process, but a single Nirnhoned trait weapon/armor sells for 7-11K over the cost of the Nirncrux/mats for almost no work at all.

Nirnhoned gear works just like the potions: the ninhoned stone is the largest portion of the price.
    I can make at most 3K/item by buying the stone and selling the crafted item or using one provided by the future buyer. That's not "high profit" either.
    (all nirnhoned items researched)
    Edited by Gyudan on December 3, 2014 2:45AM
    Wololo.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all Nirnhoned items researched, and if the stone is provided I only charge 1k. Sure if you harvest the stone, you can make a good profit but that is harvesting not crafting.

On my server\alliance, Nirnhone stone sells for 8k, items make with it sell for 9-10k as the only people buying are other crafters trying to get 9 traits. I would love to get 12-16K but people trying to sell at that price in zone on my server\alliance are getting laughed at. There are even people trying to get the combine for FREE if they sent the stone and crafters still DOING that. (I would for guild mates, but not randoms)
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    You're also incorrect about the best gear being dropped only. Almost everyone uses SOME crafted items in their setup paired along with those drops like Footman, Warlock, Aether, etc.
    Sure some will use crafted to fill in gaps until they get a full drop set, but of thoses, how much do people pay? How much profit has you made selling theses sets? I almost never see anyone wanting to buy a set of armor cause every other person can MAKE that set already. Again, that supply and demand, and therefore very low profit where is not worth my time making a set for someone. Most will get a guild mate to make the set for free. Of the 5 guilds I am in, each has 10+ crafters willing to make stuff for free (if you sent the materials) No profit anywhere.

At the moment, there is no large profit in crafting, only harvesting/refining.
    Edited by Natjur on December 3, 2014 9:49PM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Sure some will use crafted to fill in gaps until they get a full drop set, but of thoses, how much do people pay? How much profit has you made selling theses sets? I almost never see anyone wanting to buy a set of armor cause every other person can MAKE that set already.
    Fair point.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one buys crafted items.they all craft their own. The only thing that sells in this game is rare, raw crafting mats.

Its because the crafting skill levelling goes hand in hand with character levelling. You have to have a high level character to be a decent crafter, so why wouldn't everyone be a crafter? Totally kills the whole earning $$ from an honest profession thing.

I even tried to sell a nirnhoned trait for two weeks. Came down to 8K (I've never seen nirnhoned go for less than 12K). Still no takers.

Take it from me, the eso crowd is a hard sell. You want to make money, start farming.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on December 4, 2014 12:04AM
    Give 'er eh!
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True but I don't recall anyone at ZoS ever saying that ESO's Crafting system was intended to be said money maker. If anything with the crafting system is your money maker it's Hirelings, when RNG doesn't slip them a micky to bring you crap ofc. The point originally made by the OP is that Crafted gear is inferior to dropped gear when ZoS touted crafted gear for ESO prior to it's launch to be the best, which is only half right, because most end game players are still using at least some Crafted gear. With the addition of Monster Helms/Shoulders that's being reduced to a few pieces of crafted but it's still quite viable.

You also must have high enough skill in each of the 3 main professions in order to improve any dropped gear, unless you just love wasting thousands in gold on Legendary mats. All in all crafting in ESO is as good or better than many MMO's out there and the gear you make is on par with or very close to end game drops, something most MMO's cannot say is true with their games.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one buys crafted items.they all craft their own. The only thing that sells in this game is rare, raw crafting mats.

Not true, I bought crafted gear. Admittedly so I could research the traits, but they do sell, not in huge numbers, but they do sell.

If you were buying to use, you would want a set, for the bonuses, which is better done with the crafter face to face.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love crafting. Enchant grinding is the worst and I've only maxed it once, but all other toons make their own gear, pots and food.

I provide a ton of crafting services for my "big" guild. Most is worked out in guild chat,but I also have a player note with my abilities and prices. This way people can hit me up if I'm online or not. Several times a week I log in and have mail waiting with money, mats and specs.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche