The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PROVISONING: ONCE UPON A TIME...

cosmoplayer
provisoning was the thirst skill line that i got 50, and i use for short time, becouse i realized my 16 skill points in it, is an ugly tales.

pro:
- the biggest buff you may have, but you don't really need to cook to enjoy it (buy stock at the guild store and thanks of those are still coocking)

contro:
- provisoning made like a lottery is a very bad thing (i go to the market to buy my food)
- stuck your inventory and bank space permanently (if you are going to craft, off course)
- transform your character in a loot barrel bagman ( where ended the harvesting in eso? )
- you can buy from guild store the best food you may use for a chip price
- buy ingredient at the guild store is more expencive than buy the consumable.
- skill points to be efficient: 22, at least 13 if you dont use drink (if you think all this skill points are well spent, when you can easily buy for a bunch of gold the best, then cooking is for you)

conclusion: provisoning at this point is like fishing, may be at the end of the game it will be the only things remain to do, if you don't like pvp :)

suggestion: a harvesting like skyrim is a must, so at the end of the game you will know exactly where to get all your ingredient. this is the only way i could go back into provisoning coocking.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I was/am fine with doing provisioning for all 16 characters. I have levelled all of them to L50 although only two of them have recipe improvements over R2. I'll admit that spending half an hour searching docks for ingredients when I run out it slightly irritating but I don't often do it more than I need to eat until I go up the requisite 5 levels anyway so it's not that big a hassle.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    provisoning was the thirst skill line that i got 50, and i use for short time, becouse i realized my 16 skill points in it, is an ugly tales.

pro:
    - the biggest buff you may have, but you don't really need to cook to enjoy it (buy stock at the guild store and thanks of those are still coocking)

contro:
    - provisoning made like a lottery is a very bad thing (i go to the market to buy my food)
    - stuck your inventory and bank space permanently (if you are going to craft, off course)
    - transform your character in a loot barrel bagman ( where ended the harvesting in eso? )
    - you can buy from guild store the best food you may use for a chip price
    - buy ingredient at the guild store is more expencive than buy the consumable.
    - skill points to be efficient: 22, at least 13 if you dont use drink (if you think all this skill points are well spent, when you can easily buy for a bunch of gold the best, then cooking is for you)

conclusion: provisoning at this point is like fishing, may be at the end of the game it will be the only things remain to do, if you don't like pvp :)

suggestion: a harvesting like skyrim is a must, so at the end of the game you will know exactly where to get all your ingredient. this is the only way i could go back into provisoning coocking.

The provisioning revamp will address some of your concerns:
    - less "useless" ingredients filling your inventory
    - "what you see is what you get", you see a bag of flour, you get flour, not potatoes or garlic
    - foods and drinks usable at the same time, so finally some use for drinks

As for the others:
    - Yes, the economy is driven by materials, it's the same for all crafts because leveling crafting is way too easy. Everyone can do pretty much everything and be self-sufficient.
    - No, provisioning doesn't require more skill points than the other professions.

I think @Unknown_poster's comments are rather rude.
    Wololo.
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    /golfclap @Gyudan
  • cosmoplayer
    /golfclap @Gyudan

beside english matter, that i know i'm bad, i will like to know wath do you think about the provisoning. i'm not upset with you, just spend few words about in your next post, and i will be gratefull to you.

Gyudan was so nice to post an advanced zos thread, so i've also posted there my thinking about.

• ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, folks.
    We have removed some comments from this thread that were violating our Forum Code of Conduct. We would like to remind everyone to stay on topic, and do not engage in inflammatory discussions or resort to personal attacks against other forum members. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Jaggannath
    Jaggannath
    ✭✭
    I would still just like to see food and drink stack - as promised - that (besides the obvious too much stuff to store in my bank), truly is my only real complaint about the system. I really can't see why this effect is taking so long to implement since it seems to me an obvious/simple variable switch in the programming.
    “and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.”
    ― Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Visit the LOOTS R US Guild Trader in Balkarth, Craglorn today! Excellent selection of VR14 gear and premium goods for sale! Largest selection of rare PvP gear!