The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why no (3-effect) STAMINA-build detect potions?

Kungfu
Kungfu
✭✭✭✭
Or maybe I'm blind? If I'm wrong, someone please show me the materials combination and I'll gladly let this subject fall to the depths of forum hell.

Being primarily a solo, stamina-built stealther type, I REALLY want a detect potion that buffs weapon power / weapon crit and/or regens stamina.

Thus far, the only detct potion(s) I can figure out are really much more Magicka based... assuming you want three positive effects out of a potion.

To get a detection potion in the first place, you MUST combine:

Cornflower
◾Restore Magicka
◾Ravage Health
◾Increase Spell Power
◾Detection

Wormwood
◾Weapon Crit
◾Reduce Speed
◾Detection
◾Unstoppable

Note that Restore Magicka and Increase Spell Power are together on one ingredient. Sure, we have Weapon Crit on Wormwood, but there is no Restore Stamina available.

Could I possibly suggest a change to the most worthless of mats in the entire game:
Emetic Russula
◾Ravage Health
◾Ravage Stamina
◾Ravage Magicka
◾Stun

What if it looked more like this:
Emetic Russula
◾Restore Stamina
◾Ravage Health
◾Detection
◾Stun

If I'm doing my math correctly, this would allow us to create a Stamina-based detect / weapon crit potion by adding only one more ingredient like:

Dragonthorn
◾Increase Weapon Power
◾Lower Armor
◾Restore Stamina
◾Weapon Crit

Then we would have two similar potions available - one for each build type. Magicka would get Restore Magicka / Increase Spell Power / Detection
Stamina would get Restore Stamina / Increase Weapon Crit / Detection

I would honestly much rather see them be exactly comparable to one another but I'm just hoping to suggest a positive change of any sort here, first.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add Dragonthornas well and you would have detection and weapon critical. You could use the Mage Guild Disco ball for detection and then you would have more options for your potion.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do use the Mage ball for detect sometimes but it's nowhere near what a potion does.

Unfortunately, I'm currently just wasting mats & pots on magicka regen & spell crit to get detect for a few seconds.

It really sucks doing so on a Stamina build... such a waste. I realize that ZOS doesn't have favorites in skill lines. This is just another spot where Stamina needs a slight bit of attention to bring it in line with Magicka builds.

Do I have to run a Magicka build to be a stealth-hunter? My playstyle is that of a solo hunter of stealthy would-be snipers. But I want to run bow/dw...

One little, tiny tweak to one of the most useless crafting materials in the entire game is all I'm suggesting. :)