The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to avoid Griefers, Time Vampires & Jimmie Rustlers

OldSmeller
OldSmeller
✭✭✭
The purpose of this thread is to discuss practical and concise ways of weeding out undesirables from your game-play experience.
NOTE: This thread is aimed specifically at the caglorn/end game audience.

~Sobriety~
Sometimes people are intoxicated, it happens. I am going to go over a few quick ways to determine if anybody in your party is lacking the sobriety necessary for proper coordination.

Slot an aoe spell, any spell that can be seen on the ground. Mage Glyph works best for this. Have all the members you are testing stand in one spot, tell them they need to either block or dodge roll off the glyph as soon as it falls. If anybody is still standing on the glyph give them 3 more tries and if they are unable to complete the task they flunk this test.

~Lucidity~
Nothing wrong with multitasking or zoning out but when doing Trials this can be the death of an otherwise good group. Here are some quick and easy test to gauge the lucidity of your group members.

Lucidity can be gauged in a multitude of ways but the easiest by far is having your group form a conga line. If members of the group are unable to adapt in time to gradually sharper turns and adjust their position accordingly then you should replace them.

~Potency~
I have never been a fan of arbitrary concepts like "gear score" or "dps". Potency is the effectiveness of the player class/function in the group. Things like DPS or healing should at best be tertiary to the actual efficiency that the player uses concepts. A tank with all legendary gear and amazing survivability is pointless if that tank has no idea how to effectively utilize their skills. The same reasoning applies to all other class roles.

You can test this by fighting any of the many different boss mobs in crag zone. Use FTC and other tools to see how effective the different players in your group are. Do they stay in formation? Do they run out of mana or stamina?

-These are only a few ways you can avoid spending all your time on a group that goes nowhere-

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OldSmeller wrote: »
    ~Lucidity~
    Lucidity can be gauged in a multitude of ways but the easiest by far is having your group form a conga line. If members of the group are unable to adapt in time to gradually sharper turns and adjust their position accordingly then you should replace them.

I am hopeful this is satire.

I am fearful it is not.

(I am aware the constellations are gone. I was not aware this was Dancing with the Stars...(See what I did there?))
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on November 25, 2014 2:16PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS