The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Blackwater Blade

Casterial
Casterial
✭✭✭✭✭
Non-vet PVP.
Blackwater Blade is extremely unbalanced. Blackwater Blade stats:
EP: 100+
AD: 100+
DC: 45

As yo ucan see people play those two factions. It's actually quite annoying. I myself am loyal to DC so I don't just run off into another Faction.

EP and AD have the major guilds, but in the non-vet they usually just zerg, they aren't as skillful.

In DC theres a few of us but we train everyone well, and prepare everyone for PVP and usually teach EVERYONE how to play 1v1 or 1vx. Many of the DC in Blackwater are extremely skilled in killing many (Seeing how we can only use limited resources anyways.)

But I made this post to bring to everyones attention that Blackwater Blade is unbalanced, and the Daggerfall Covenant actually needs everyone on it. If you play non-vet or never have re-roll DC it'll be fun. Don't make it unbalanced where everyone's DC but at least come and bring the DC back to life. It'll be great.

We do need players, we do have one or two guilds, a few good older players from Thornblade and former emperor's.

**If you love PVP where you have limtied resources, taking even a RESOURCE takes some skill come join today!

**Blackwater Blade is a good head start!

** We train everyone simply to get ready for vet.

Lately the Daggerfall side has been dying out in non-vet ever since the big argument happen and the major guild split into AD and EP guilds.

But the DC side is really quiet and we have know grown to learning how to gank in small numbers against Zergs to take out the ZERGs 1by1. We can use you!
We need you!

Join the Daggerfall today!

The Daggerfall side is dying in Blackwater and needs help to reclaim even their home keeps!
b4rnpointingfinger-300x300.jpg0ffcf2abd6063b1605282dc6071f4f20.jpg

6x23jtselssm.png
Edited by Casterial on November 24, 2014 4:58AM
Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
The Order of Magnus
Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
For the Daggerfall Covenant
The Last Chillrend Empress
Animation Cancelling
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget that about 10 or so of those EP players are also former DC with DC alts that will screw things up for DC every chance they can.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was in there today in my night blade helping . Good group of people . They do need help . Level and pvp at the same time .
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the names of Covenant Demoralizer. Thsoe types of names, many of you guys know the top 10 as Fox Goods.
    6x23jtselssm.png

Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    With the names of Covenant Demoralizer. Thsoe types of names, many of you guys know the top 10 as Fox Bads.

Fixed.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    I was in there today in my night blade helping . Good group of people . They do need help . Level and pvp at the same time .
    Agreed it was the AF group earlier I believe that was running. They are pretty great but also not as good in non-vet style.
    6x23jtselssm.png

The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, my DC toon is homed on Blackwater again, has been for a while while Vice was trolling chillrend. Should see a return to action soonish.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Also, my DC toon is homed on Blackwater again, has been for a while while Vice was trolling chillrend. Should see a return to action soonish.

Could use some spare hands again, we are quite dead at the moment, great to have "Ballista Man" back
    Edited by Casterial on November 24, 2014 5:46AM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it would be nice for some DC people to start making their moves again. i want to fight some new enemies, BB is also the one campaign that i actually have fun in, and i hate to see it with battles between only EP and AD.

iv considered making a DC character. have yet to decide the class and what not, but it will get there
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could use some spare hands again, we are quite dead at the moment, great to have "Ballista Man" back

I go through fire ballistas like duelers go through potions.

And on blackwater blade, that is a very deadly thing.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I go through fire ballistas like duelers go through potions.

Exactly what I was doing today .
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even though the Ballista's deconstruct very quickly when not using them now.... It's a sad thing you can't run between 3 as much now, just two to be safe lol

The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can probably go help out DC again. Got no one homed there now. Have to say though, BB is like a junior version of what's happening on Thorn right now as well.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • audrand9771_ESO
    Doesn't matter. BB only functions when guilds have an alt nite etc. No reason for loyalty to a realm so people play whichever realm is rolling and play their toons accordingly. Will always be one sided until ESO decides to implement some sort of Pop control/reason for people to stay on a certain realm. Same with other servers. There is ZERO realm pride in this game. Defeats the purpose of have 3 realm RVR.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I can probably go help out DC again. Got no one homed there now. Have to say though, BB is like a junior version of what's happening on Thorn right now as well.

I heard Chillrend lost its touch as well.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is ZERO realm pride in this game. Defeats the purpose of have 3 realm RVR.

I have Covenant pride! all the way my AD's are bank alts and bag alts tbh I couldn't even stand doing the "Cadwells Coin" quest I felt like a traitor, lol.

The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    The reason to play BWB is that you're not at a huge disadvantage. As a DC player, BWB has been so dead I took my lowbie into Thornblade to find some action, and it was frustrating how poor the character is in comparison to even nonoptimized V14s. My first character felt very impactful in fights on BWB because everyone is playing a game that's closer to even. Some people have superior gear, but the VR differences are much more profound.

However, DC has so low pop on BWB now that you can't reliably find action, especially without FCs and with new characters tending to have very slow horses. Keeps change hands exceptionally rarely, and for 2-3 weeks all the activity was in the Sejanus cooridor as EP and AD could find each other. They didn't even push the completely inactive (and I mean COMPLETELY, the DC AP leader for a few campaigns didn't hit 50k total) DC, they just fought each other to stalemate.

I had a much better time on BWB my first time around even though it was during the Dark Rubixy DC domination - all 3 factions had activity, and you could reliably join Arcadian Fury's group and find fighting defending DC keeps, as there were always people trying to take them down, and fights could be prolonged with camps. The loss of camps is managable in real campaigns, but it cripples BWB because the population density is so low and the travel times are so much longer for characters lacking good horses and retreating maneuver.

In the current state of PVP, Blackwater Blade isn't fun as a real campaign, its just a big running EP vs AD fight in one area. I would love to see it change as its a much better place to make the initial mistakes you make in PVP, because when you make those mistakes in Thornblade or on your faction's buff server, there's a good chance that there is an organized guild group to punish you and kill you instantly.

PVP has a high learning curve, and the game desperately needs a training campaign. I almost think it should have a 2nd training campaign for V1 to V8 or so characters. It was finally around V9-10 that i started to feel capable of helping kill strong, well geared V14 opponents. Before that, I had to actively hunt the edges of fights and try to engage on other non-capped individuals as my impact on strong characters was just too low. That's still true when I encounter a WRX or a Frozn or a Mojar Stalker, but every decent character feels that way when you are V2. You spam your CC and hope to god that other people with high DPS notice so they can kill them before they recover and annihilate you.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly why I love BWB as a low level, it is much more balanced and use to have high action on DC. However, DC is purely out of the question now in the campaign and in order to find action we must run for more than 5 minutes to go there, get a kill or two and then die and rinse and repeat ,its getting old and the DC don't have the numbers to even push out and start a fight so it is more of a small group of 3 to maybe 5 that try and do the ganking between the AD and EP zerg.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Bane_of_Fringe
    Bane_of_Fringe
    ✭✭✭
    Non-vet PVP.
    As yo ucan see people play those two factions. It's actually quite annoying. I myself am loyal to DC so I don't just run off into another Faction.

Not all of us ran into the other faction. ;) Though I do understand who you are referencing and agree completely with you.

Non-vet PVP.
    EP and AD have the major guilds, but in the non-vet they usually just zerg, they aren't as skillful.

:'(
    You hurt me.

I'd really like to see more DC. Been looking forward to them getting involved for a long time :P. Thought about making an alt myself but I have too many low lvls already :/
    Characters:
    Bane of Fringe Vr-14
    Casts as Hatchling Vr-5
    Shinobu-chan Vr-1
    Holo the Wise and Cunning Vr-5
    Soft Rose Vr-1
    Svaedstrom Lowbie
    Man in the Fringe Vr-2
    Batul Gra-Sharob Vr-1

Previous vets:
    Jade Blossom Vr-1
    Man in the Fringe Vr-5
    RAGE
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought about making an alt myself but I have too many low lvls already :/
    Delete on and make it DC and join us!!

RISE OF AN EMPIRE
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaerlach wrote: »
    The reason to play BWB is that you're not at a huge disadvantage. As a DC player, BWB has been so dead I took my lowbie into Thornblade to find some action, and it was frustrating how poor the character is in comparison to even nonoptimized V14s. My first character felt very impactful in fights on BWB because everyone is playing a game that's closer to even. Some people have superior gear, but the VR differences are much more profound.

However, DC has so low pop on BWB now that you can't reliably find action, especially without FCs and with new characters tending to have very slow horses. Keeps change hands exceptionally rarely, and for 2-3 weeks all the activity was in the Sejanus cooridor as EP and AD could find each other. They didn't even push the completely inactive (and I mean COMPLETELY, the DC AP leader for a few campaigns didn't hit 50k total) DC, they just fought each other to stalemate.

I had a much better time on BWB my first time around even though it was during the Dark Rubixy DC domination - all 3 factions had activity, and you could reliably join Arcadian Fury's group and find fighting defending DC keeps, as there were always people trying to take them down, and fights could be prolonged with camps. The loss of camps is managable in real campaigns, but it cripples BWB because the population density is so low and the travel times are so much longer for characters lacking good horses and retreating maneuver.

In the current state of PVP, Blackwater Blade isn't fun as a real campaign, its just a big running EP vs AD fight in one area. I would love to see it change as its a much better place to make the initial mistakes you make in PVP, because when you make those mistakes in Thornblade or on your faction's buff server, there's a good chance that there is an organized guild group to punish you and kill you instantly.

PVP has a high learning curve, and the game desperately needs a training campaign. I almost think it should have a 2nd training campaign for V1 to V8 or so characters. It was finally around V9-10 that i started to feel capable of helping kill strong, well geared V14 opponents. Before that, I had to actively hunt the edges of fights and try to engage on other non-capped individuals as my impact on strong characters was just too low. That's still true when I encounter a WRX or a Frozn or a Mojar Stalker, but every decent character feels that way when you are V2. You spam your CC and hope to god that other people with high DPS notice so they can kill them before they recover and annihilate you.

i just hope i kill my targets before they get saved by their teammates:D had a plaeyr in hedarus tonight, that i almost had on 3 seperate occasion, but she ALWAYS got saved right before i could deliver the killing blow. happens to me a lot in BWB too. VERY frustrating.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    i just hope i kill my targets before they get saved by their teammates:D had a plaeyr in hedarus tonight, that i almost had on 3 seperate occasion, but she ALWAYS got saved right before i could deliver the killing blow. happens to me a lot in BWB too. VERY frustrating.

Well said, it's quite tiring i eventually PM them and have them get frustrated with me and want to kill me lol
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

I heard Chillrend lost its touch as well.
    Heh, well I'm opposed to buff servers on principle. I have my AD homed on Chill, EP on Had. The other night some came into Thorn begging for help to preserve Emperorship on Chill. The PvP players don't care about PvE buffs, and they got mad when I told them I was AD on Chill. After calling it a night on Thorn, I actually went on Chill to help push the last emperor keep till my client crashed. Doesn't matter, like Had, it was solid color again the following morning.
    Doesn't matter. BB only functions when guilds have an alt nite etc. No reason for loyalty to a realm so people play whichever realm is rolling and play their toons accordingly. Will always be one sided until ESO decides to implement some sort of Pop control/reason for people to stay on a certain realm. Same with other servers. There is ZERO realm pride in this game. Defeats the purpose of have 3 realm RVR.

I consider myself primarily a DC player, even if I have a nearly equal number of characters in each faction. I've played all three sides in BB, but only one at a time and I always give that side my all. Maybe not realm pride in the traditional sense, but I believe in loyalty to the team you are currently on. I joined EP when they were under dogs, and I joined AD when I got tired of the cross faction nonsense. And despite a few bad ones, I've met plenty of great people to play with on all the sides.

Edited by driosketch on November 25, 2014 5:18AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Main and alts are all DC. Can't even make myself do the EP and AD areas.

If in my contacts I chanced upon someone with an EP or AD alts, I kick them out.

I chose a faction and that's where I will remain.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »

If in my contacts I chanced upon someone with an EP or AD alts, I kick them out.

Agreed, I do the same thing. I believe in faction pride, DC all the way.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and fights could be prolonged with camps. The loss of camps is managable in real campaigns, but it cripples BWB because the population density is so low and the travel times are so much longer for characters lacking good horses and retreating maneuver.

I expected removal of tents would cripple EU noob campaign, especially as it came when it was all red and factions forced to siege their own home keeps, but it played out surprisingly well. At the moment it is the most fun campaign.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on November 25, 2014 11:29PM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    ...and fights could be prolonged with camps. The loss of camps is managable in real campaigns, but it cripples BWB because the population density is so low and the travel times are so much longer for characters lacking good horses and retreating maneuver.

I expected removal of tents would cripple EU noob campaign, especially as it came when it was all red and factions forced to siege their own home keeps, but it played out surprisingly well. At the moment it is the most fun campaign.

I agree but disagree, when you have a slow horse and play on the DC you have no keeps to port to so you must run for 5+ minutes to action.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    lolplzz DC don't have pvperz
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lolplzz DC don't have pvperz

DC PVP group is usually alot more skilled compared to the AD groups, however, EP has some amazing groups as well.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaerloch, I really like your idea of a 2nd "training campaign" for VR 1 to 8. If there was one I'd be there for sure. Unfortunately I don't think it'll ever happen due to population issues, i.e. not enough people joining that campaign. As it is now, I'd settle for a battle level mechanism in the vet campaigns that would at least bring my health & magicka about on par with the average VR14. (That said, last I checked, the battle level mechanism in non-vet was borked in that it ignored enchants.) Anyway for now I'll make do. :-)

I miss non-vet when it first started up and no petty politics were going on and population was about even.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »

iv tried to do DC and AD characters.

the AD one only lasted the first 20 minutes..... the DC one lasted until i entered stormhaven. i just cant bring myself to make characters on other factions.

it is the same for me on WoW. i am horde all the way. i have tried to make an Alliance character.... but it just never made it very far.

faction pride all the way!