Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Degeneration (Entropy Morph) How does it work?

xaraan
xaraan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
OK, I was trying to run degeneration for my imperial nb, thought that having a chance to restore health on attack would be a good addition to already having siphoning strikes and the imperial passive to restore health.

Tooltip reads:

Deals XX magick damage over 12 seconds to target. Restores 100 health or player and additionally restores 100 health to player every 6 seconds. Additional 15% chance on hit with weapon attack to heal player for 100% of damage caused.

So, running a dungeon right now and so far, it has never proc'd once. I've recieved healing from "star of the west" (which has a lower chance to proc) and from sap, but never from that.

I am making light attacks and weapon power attacks. The way it reads, does it proc on light/heavy attacks or only on weapon power attacks? Is it broken? Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here.
-- @xaraan --
nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
AD • NA • PC
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid question. Are you casting Degeneration on the target?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do from time to time, but the end of the tool tip says: "Additional 15% chance on hit with weapon attack to heal player for 100% of damage caused." Do you think that chance only works while the entropy effect is going on?
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Degeneration's hit heals will only proc if your target has the degeneration effect.
    Edited by NotSo on November 20, 2014 3:32AM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, thanks, that makes total sense, can't believe it didn't occur to me
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Degeneration is really, really, really bad. Do not use it. I've tried it, and it's a complete waste. Respec it if you use Entropy often.
  • chipputer
    chipputer
    ✭✭✭
    Degeneration is really, really, really bad. Do not use it. I've tried it, and it's a complete waste. Respec it if you use Entropy often.

I beg to differ.

Imperials are already going to be using attacks to proc their innate heal on attack and degeneration will then also heal them even more. I had next to zero health issues on my Imperial Sorcerer Tank using degeneration and their innate heal on attack, as long as I was actually being an active tank and not one of those people who "taunt and turtle."
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chipputer wrote: »

I beg to differ.

Imperials are already going to be using attacks to proc their innate heal on attack and degeneration will then also heal them even more. I had next to zero health issues on my Imperial Sorcerer Tank using degeneration and their innate heal on attack, as long as I was actually being an active tank and not one of those people who "taunt and turtle."

Nope. It procs very infrequently, and the healing you will get from it is minimal/won't actually affect you at all.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with the other morph for the percentage increase to health, glad I did.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually live well with just critical surge but sometimes up against a tough boss I can only pull through by stacking degeneration as well
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • chipputer
    chipputer
    ✭✭✭

I beg to differ.

Nope. It procs very infrequently, and the healing you will get from it is minimal/won't actually affect you at all.

Oh. Okay. I guess since you say so.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I beg to differ.

This was my thought. Since I play NB tank and use light attacks between blocking and taunts to siphon, and being Imperial I get the health proc sometimes as well - I thought Degeneration would add to it.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone that is light attack weaving it can make a significant difference in heals, not spectacular though.

I like that it actually costs me less magicka to cast than the heals it returns, so I can use it to trade magicka for health 1:1 at range. A weak heal but it procs Crystal Frags that gets a boost from Might of the Guild (+20% spell damage).

This only helps for burst DPS in PvP. Plus the DoT procs Quick Siphon.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia