Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Implementation of poisons: Assassin Guild

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hey everyone. So, I was thinking that if they did implement poisons- it would be when they release the assassin/thief guilds. If they don't already have a plan of action as to *how* to implement poisons- I was thinking it could possibly go like this:
- You unlock "use of poisons" as a skill line.
- A single poison vial would last for a certain amount of uses (like 10 or so) on a weapon.
- So, you could poison your weapon (sword, bow, dagger) and the way that you "activate" a poison hit would be through a heavy attack. You wouldn't waste all 10 poisoned hits on light attacks. You would get 10 poisoned heavy attacks.
- Perhaps, even, they could make a "poisoned vial" that you would toss into a group of enemies? An AOE poison attack.

Thoughts? Comments?
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can already put all kinds of enchantments on weapons.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would be in addition to your enchantment. Say, if you had a firey weapon enchantment, the poison would only give you ten heavy shots of ravage health on top of the fire damage. Basically, you could temporarily stack additional damage.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be in addition to your enchantment. Say, if you had a firey weapon enchantment, the poison would only give you ten heavy shots of ravage health on top of the fire damage. Basically, you could temporarily stack additional damage.

This is how it was in DAOC but single use. It should be single use in ESO as well, one poison on blade next hit gives that effect.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalman wrote: »

This is how it was in DAOC but single use. It should be single use in ESO as well, one poison on blade next hit gives that effect.
    That would be how it's traditionally done in TES games too. Which means it will probably share a cooldown with your other potions.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on November 18, 2014 3:45PM
    :trollin:
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be wrong... you poison Steel, the sword gets poisoned during a period of time. And the poison should be de ravage stamina/health/magicka/weakened vs magic/DoT... Like an add up to your weapon/arrows. For next minute or so.

I don't understand 10 uses or sharing CD with potions. Poisoning a weapon has nothing to be with potions or certain amount of uses. Thinking Real life.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    I think the TES way is good with single dose, you have to use forethought before you engage and pick the right poison. But sadly if released too soon it won't be very effective. A lot of people are running Poison Resistance because the bow buff and overuse in PvP.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i want poison that directly attacks resource pools. it would add a bit more stratagey to the game. Your opponent blocks the entire battle? then get out your ravage stamina poison!

• GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a tangent, but I do hope it is in fact an "Assassins Guild" skill line and not a "Dark Brotherhood" one. The Morag Tong are awesome.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would a destro staff with an additional poison ability make sense though?
    Wololo.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ofc not, mages do not use poison.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Would a destro staff with an additional poison ability make sense though?

Yes, the poison gets added to the fireball/lightming boly/ice shards and enters your body on contact. Not that unrealistic, well for magic that is.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should pay attention to the "this isn't realistic" portion of what people are saying. Um... in a game where there's monsters, magic, and humanoid creatures- you shouldn't expect too much realism.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Nihil
    Nihil
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can tell they already have the basics for poison crafting implemented into alchemy. They already have one ingredient that only give negative effects (emetic rusuula I think) which is the exact counter to Columbine. To go along with that, all but 4 ingredients (from what I remember when I went through and checked) had another ingredient that was the exact inverse of it. This means that the majority of the potions you could make, if they keep with the system they have, you could make a poison to counter it. I think it will also share a cool down with potions.
    Edited by Nihil on December 15, 2014 11:38AM
  • Darkrogue671
    Darkrogue671
    ✭✭✭
    Poison was used properly in Morrowind and Daggerfall in TES games only. Skyrim and this game, poison is instantaneously effective. People wouldn't have all those poison protects if that poison arrow did what it's supposed to do - poison you. An incremental decrease on max health/stamina with a time ticker until you get the antidote. This way you buy it or alchemists can make it. The higher the level (strength) of poison, the higher the incremental decrease = the quicker you die. Considering how long a day takes in game, even the strongest poison shouldn't kill a VR player in a day, so poison shouldn't really be a go to "buff" anyway, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents and it depreciates daily.