The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Look closely at Lethal Arrow, still appears exploitable

The_Death_Princess
The_Death_Princess
✭✭✭
This weekend I was hit by 5 lethal Arrows from 1 person in about 2 seconds, so I started to investigate it. I tried my best with my razer Nostromo to replicate it, but couldnt. Of course I was in PVE and not PVP against a boss that couldnt get to me. He wasnt resetting so that isnt a factor.

In general, people are saying this is OP, and its believed to be due to stacking of heal debuff. Think that should be fixed/removed. It really is quite OP for a long ranged attack where you cannot be direct harmed in any form. Debuff like that should be for melee close quarters PVE that debuff is pretty much irrelevant, because boss would apply, and trash mobs dead in 1 or two shots.

Please advise the community that if someone is doing these shots more than 1 per second it is an exploit. I intend to report any that kill me like that, sadly I didnt screen shot this one. Belief in the PVP community is it works as intended (insta kill). <roll eyes>

P.S.
I use the other morph, so that MIGHT be why I couldnt replicate
Edited by The_Death_Princess on November 17, 2014 5:56PM
Astaria Dødfurstinna
Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
(Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everything is a hack/exploit in PvP, and I liked the way you immediately went to see if you could reproduce an exploit with your razer gear. :neutral_face:

In PvP at the moment, I'm coming across lag associated multi hits every so often, I got hit with 5 impales that all seemed to land in 1-2 seconds and thought it was an exploit, sure felt like it at the time.

I plucked up the courage to /tell the person who dealt the damage, and asked hey, I'm the dude you just impaled to death five times how the hell? He straight away replied with; Yeah, that was you? Sorry mate, don't know what happened, tried using impale on you as I saw I you were at low health, but nothing happened, so I button mashed. Then a second later, you were dead and AP and vet point numbers rolled across my screen.

We both agreed lag was the culprit, and this guy PvP's a lot and seemed pretty honest and open about it, I believe him.

With the lag as bad as it is in PvP at the moment, can't see why Lethal wouldn't do the same on the odd occasion.

Yes, Lethal stacks health debuffs and it's not as intended, ZOS have already said they are looking at it, and I'd suggest it'll get fixed with the next patch, but that health debuff stack doesn't allow you to fire off lethal 5 times in 1 second.

It still could be an exploit, not ruling that out completely, but it's more than likely attributed to the lag we have at the moment.
    Edited by kijima on November 19, 2014 12:20AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This weekend I was hit by 5 lethal Arrows from 1 person in about 2 seconds, so I started to investigate it. I tried my best with my razer Nostromo to replicate it, but couldnt. Of course I was in PVE and not PVP against a boss that couldnt get to me. He wasnt resetting so that isnt a factor.

In general, people are saying this is OP, and its believed to be due to stacking of heal debuff. Think that should be fixed/removed. It really is quite OP for a long ranged attack where you cannot be direct harmed in any form. Debuff like that should be for melee close quarters PVE that debuff is pretty much irrelevant, because boss would apply, and trash mobs dead in 1 or two shots.

Please advise the community that if someone is doing these shots more than 1 per second it is an exploit. I intend to report any that kill me like that, sadly I didnt screen shot this one. Belief in the PVP community is it works as intended (insta kill). <roll eyes>

P.S.

could just be lag. i have had times where i activate snipe, it holds in its spot for 5 seconds, i button mash for those 5 seconds, then all of a sudden my character shoots out almost 5 snipes seemingly instantly.

you cant legitly shoot out 5 snipes in 2 seconds. even with macros i doubt you could do it. unless it is a hack(which i highly doubt) its just the infamous lag ZOS loves and supports.
    Edited by Cody on November 19, 2014 9:15PM
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, hear what you guys are saying about lag, and that isnt it. I know because I just ent from a po boy game rig with bad video to a max gamers rig (i will get the pcpicker tagline up soon, and yes I use gtx980). My old duo core system saw the 'queued effect'. This was in Haderus, with maybe around 50 on each side, non three way as well. All I am asking is they look hard at this and oher skills like it - and maybe be more vocal that it is NOT intended that you can acheive susained 3k+ dps. Then I can support my claims in chat to peeps that say thats ok!
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've updated to a decent system myself, still got hit with the 5 impales and still get a tonne of lag.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Suntzu1414
    i getting the same effects.

On both sides (killing / killed).
    For me its latency .. It seems latency , especially in Cyro .. has shot up (pun not intended)

There is definitely something afoot, and its not just Snipe.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's possible to hit 5x in a second with lag, which seems to be the only viable explanation, then it should be expected that someone will try to reproduce this lag to their advantage.

Lag switches exist and they voluntarily introduce lag between the server and client. It might also be the case that someone might be able to interject the required lag from within the normal game sphere. For example people used to be able to stack buffs infinitely by opening a short window where buffs could stack after casting scorching rune. So they could have 20 igneous weapon buffs on at the same time and 1 shot people for 7k. It could be something as simple as that because I would think a lag switch would get them banned fairly quickly. Although if lag is prevalent throughout the game anyway it might make it more difficult to detect.
    Edited by Armitas on November 20, 2014 8:26PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure as to what causes it to happen, but I'd wager it's performance based. I'm not tech head, so the term lag might not be the right description, but it seems like there is some kind of latency somewhere along the line which causes this multi strike thing to occasionally happen. It's like it doesn't get a chance to register, then everything registers all at once.

I can think of plenty of things that happen from time to time, and they all seem to be performance based.

1. Riding down to our local gate. i.e. Mnem only to find that the gate guards are floating in mid air and I can run through the gate, or shoot arrows through it when my enemies cant.

2. I've a few times been able to run around burning siege equipment, yet both my faction and opposing factions players are not visible, only there siege equipment it visible. Opposing faction is wondering how the hell there siege is getting burnt to the ground.

3. Arriving to a resource or a keep and the walls aren't rendered, you can see the NPC's but that's about it.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    with this lag ye. i got 3 lethal arrow hit in 1.5-2 sec from same person. i guess it was lag. lucky it was only around 500dmg per hit lol.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

P.S.

Are you a DK?
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Are you a DK?

Newp. If I was, wouldnt have to be concerned about exploiters damaging me. As the Borg say about DK "Damaging Effort is Futile, you will join Us"
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, hear what you guys are saying about lag, and that isnt it. I know because I just ent from a po boy game rig with bad video to a max gamers rig (i will get the pcpicker tagline up soon, and yes I use gtx980). My old duo core system saw the 'queued effect'. This was in Haderus, with maybe around 50 on each side, non three way as well. All I am asking is they look hard at this and oher skills like it - and maybe be more vocal that it is NOT intended that you can acheive susained 3k+ dps. Then I can support my claims in chat to peeps that say thats ok!

How does your high end rig disable network lag? Anyway, since you have gtx980, setup shadowplay. I have that for 2min shadow so with press of a button I can save the last 2 mins of the game in case something funny or something suspicious happens. Now you will have even proof to send to devs or show to people who do not believe you.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Auber
    Auber
    ✭✭

I'm not sure that you know what lag is. Your computer's framerate has nothing to do with latency.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there was a special edition you could buy at pre-release they allowed you to fire off 5 snipes in 1 second. It was called the explorers exploiters pack.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of ppl who do this 5 lethal in 1 second crap all the time. And fyi I'm not lagging.
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Methuselah wrote: »
    There are a lot of ppl who do this 5 lethal in 1 second crap all the time. And fyi I'm not lagging.
    Yeah and i report each and everyone of them.