The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Motifs - Rarity and Pricing

ThePonzzz
ThePonzzz
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm finally returning to ESO after needing to upgrade my system in July. And I'm in some need of re-education on motifs. I've tried to ask in game, but all my friends have long-since quit, and the guilds I was involved in have tossed me or collapsed. And I've found zone chats to be incredibly anti-social... Nothing like 4 months ago.

Primal, Barbaric, and Imperial. Are these still rare? What are the going prices on them? Are the rarer racial style materials still something people look for on the open market? Trying to see what to loot and what to save.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not that rare anymore, though Imperial is still extremely rare.

Purple Motifs go around about 50K on my Server (EU) althgough you still get people selling them for 150K or even 250K, but the higher you go the less likely you are to get a buyer.

Imperial can still get 250K easily, and someone was trying 500K for it the other day.

Standard motifs go anywhere from 5K to 50G (yes I bought three the other day, lucky me) but mostly seem to be 500 Gold or there abouts.

There is still a huge amount of arguement about the prices though, and I'm only saying what I've seen in Guild stores, I'm sure others will be along shortly to say I don't know anything about the prices.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps during your absence OP you missed the introduction of Guild Traders?

If you did, then briefly, at most large towns, typically near wayshrines, you'll find a handful of traders. Each of the traders represents a guild (who had to bid to win the trader) and through them you can buy goods from that guilds store.

So to answer your question I would suggest running around a few of the main town and check out the prices at the guild trader kiosks - you should quickly then establish your own view on current prices.
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• PatchMax
    PatchMax
    ✭✭
    A couple of days ago I toured all the guild stores I could reach on the EU server to survey motif prices. These were the cheapest prices I could find (so most were priced higher, as AlexD states above):

Imperial 90,000g
    Daedric 37,000g
    Ancient Elves 29,000g
    Primal 30,000g
    Barbarian 33,000g

The stores were across the pact zones plus Coldharbour and Belkarth in Craglorn. Dwemer motif chapters were priced all over the place but 16,000g was about the cheapest...suspect the market hasn't settled yet.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm familiar with Guild Traders. I was able to log in every week to do research. But playing for more than 10 minutes wasn't an option. I did this for maybe 10 or so weeks.

I had tried to get 20,000g on a Primal motif and was told that was an outrageous price. This is the NA server though. The EU server seems to have a lot higher prices.

But I'll check around the kiosks. I tried looking in Mournhold, Wayrest, and Shornhelm, but didn't see any for sale. So I figured the percent you lost by using them drove the sellers away.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial is still very rare (but pointless if you have Imperial Edition which you can convert everything to Imperial), but he other two go for ~40-60k.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire