The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Mage's Fury

Igax
Igax
Is anyone using this over crushing shock? I dropped it but have been thinking about putting a couple of points back into it. While I got you here... what is a number one should aim for DPS wise at V3ish?
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crushing shock is the only good skill available to sorcs tbh(and to everyone). Everything else is laughable or broke.
    Options
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's put it this way. Sorcerers and Templars are the only classes that need to use Crushing Shock instead of their own class abilities when it comes to DPS.
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to achieve 1.1 - 1.4k DPS as a sorc in trials. You will be using crushing shock, Critical surge, pulsar, inner light and mage's fury on the bar.

Keep crit surge up at all times, weave crushing shock with light/heavy attacks and replace with mage's fury under 20%

This is literally the only build that will do anything close to decent DPS in trials.

it sucks, but it is what it is.

Negate FTW tho
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use it, only VR1, but with the disintegrate passive it's not too bad, especially as it uses little magicka.

My main attacks are heavy staff attacks, destructive clench and impulse, but It's still in there (not all the time but in there, I killed Molag Bal with it)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    You should be able to achieve 1.1 - 1.4k DPS as a sorc in trials. You will be using crushing shock, Critical surge, pulsar, inner light and mage's fury on the bar.

Keep crit surge up at all times, weave crushing shock with light/heavy attacks and replace with mage's fury under 20%

This is literally the only build that will do anything close to decent DPS in trials.

it sucks, but it is what it is.

Negate FTW tho

I don't really understand how the explosion from mage's fury works. "Explodes if the target falls below 20% health within 4 seconds." 4 seconds of what exactly?
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok basically this:

If you put mage's fury on a mob and he has say 24% health. It does x damage and brings him to 21% health.

You then hit him with crushing shock immediately afterwards which do x damage and bring the mob to say 19%.

At this point, as long as it was within 4 seconds of the original mage's fury cast, it procs and boom goes the shotgun.

This also applies if the mob was below 20% before applying mage's fury, it will proc on each hit.

Hope that helps!
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! :)
    Options