The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Group fishing bonus?

EQBallzz
EQBallzz
✭✭✭✭✭
I know there is a group fishing bonus but can anyone explain how this works exactly? If you have two people fishing a node do both fishing lines have to be in the water at the time you reel in to get the bonus? If fisher A reels in and a second later fisher B reels in does fisher B not get the bonus because there was only one line in at that moment or is it proximity or time based and just being close is all that matters? Do you have to be grouped to get the bonus? Do you both have to be using the proper bait (I hate wasting more desirable bait if I'm trying to help someone catch a particular fish type that I already have)?

Does anyone have any details on how this bonus works exactly? Fishing is kind of fun but can be very, very painful at times so it would be nice to know some of the nuts and bolts to reduce the pain.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more people fishing in a pond (or spot on river/lake) the more likely you are to catch a rare fish.

Downside is the pond (or spot on river/lake) runs out of fish faster.

Not sure exactly how the mechanic detects fishers, but it won't require identical casting times, because of lag it's impossible. It's probably just how many rods are in water at the same time.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, the bonus works even if you're not formally grouped. Alex is probably right, it kicks in if other rods are in the water during your fishing.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    In my experience, the bonus works even if you're not formally grouped. Alex is probably right, it kicks in if other rods are in the water during your fishing.

Well I suspect that it's the number of lines in the water but that creates a bit of a problem doesn't it? I mean if that is the case then only the first person to reel in each time will get the bonus unless they can recast before the second person reels in.
    Options
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »

Well I suspect that it's the number of lines in the water but that creates a bit of a problem doesn't it? I mean if that is the case then only the first person to reel in each time will get the bonus unless they can recast before the second person reels in.

No, the are saying if it detects 2 rods in the water at the same time then both of those casts are applied the bonus regardless of who pulls out first.
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every fishing hole has 15 'tries' So when I did the fishing achievements, I got 4 mates. We where not grouped, but all in the same guild and chatting on team speak as fishing so boring.

It means we only got to 3 tries each per fishing hole before it was empty but almost every 'pull' was a green fish and every 2 fishing hole was a blue. Its the fastest way to get all the achievements.

If there is only two of you fishing, you may not notice as the bonus only applies when the lines are in the water and with just two of you, your line is out of the water a lot, but with four others, the bonus is huge.
    Edited by Natjur on November 11, 2014 8:23PM
    Options