The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Spell Crit got nerfed?

cote-bmsb16_ESO
cote-bmsb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello,
I had 5 Divines (7.5%) on a 5 set of Seducer, and had the Thief's mundus stone and used Mage light to get my spell crit to 49%. After the 1.5 update, I'm wearing the same gear, using the same mundus stone, Mage Light is on, and my spell crit is at 34% .
Anyone have similar issues with a loss of spell crit? Or ideas how I can get that crit back? I didn't see any mention of this in the patch notes, regarding traits or mundus stones.
  • thesongoftimeb14_ESO
    Does it have anything to do with the update skill points being returned?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were you getting any spell crit from PvP buffs and your alliance has lost ground in your home campaign? Or you are playing in a guest campaign where your alliance does not control much?
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I checked out what you guys mentioned @thesongoftimeb14_ESO‌ & @Dagoth_Rac‌
    I have Mage Light morph Inner Light IV, and that increases spell crit by 20% (unchanged)
    I have 1 alliance spell crit bonus for 2%
    Thief stone spell crit bonus for me is 5%
    So I took off all my gear, and I was sitting at 7% spell crit with the Thief and AvA bonus.
    I put on my gear, (5 pieces of legendary Seducer armor with Divines) each has 7.5%. My spell crit chance was back at 18.8% spell crit.
    I took off one piece, it didn't change spell crit. I took off 2 pieces of divines armor, and I was then at 18.1%. Then I took off 3 pieces of divines armor, and now at 7.7%.
    Im wearing two pieces of Divines armor (7.5% increases mundus stones effect by 7.5%), and my spell crit is at 7.7%. Then I stripped down to 1 piece of divines, and I'm at 7.3%
    I think Divines trait is screwed up, or maybe its the Seducer set? I dont know.. Sending a ticket I suppose. That math ain't right.
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I also switched my mundus stone, and then switched it back to the thief^ That didn't help me
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I took off all my gear, and I was sitting at 7% spell crit with the Thief and AvA bonus.
    I put on my gear, (5 pieces of legendary Seducer armor with Divines) each has 7.5%. My spell crit chance was back at 18.8% spell crit.
    Divines isn't supposed to increase your stats directly. It increases the effect of mundus stone by a percentage. So each piece increases your spell crit by 7.5% * 5% = 0.375%, with 5 pieces it sums up to 1.875%.
    Then I took off 3 pieces of divines armor, and now at 7.7%.
    When you took off the 3rd piece, you probably lost 10% spell crit bonus from light armor passive.

10% light armor + 2% alliance buff + 5% thief buff + 1.875% divines traits => there you go 18.875%.

Still no idea what's up with the numbers in your first post, though.
    Edited by Merlight on November 7, 2014 1:55AM
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    The divines bonus is too minimal for a crit build, you should go for impenetrable. Divines are more for "stats maxing", not powerful enough for a crit-build (e.g. faster ultimate reggen)
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think crit chance should be nerfed anyways but Impenetrable should be changed to decrease damage taken from crits instead of decreasing chance to be crit
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I had 5 Divines (7.5%) on a 5 set of Seducer, and had the Thief's mundus stone and used Mage light to get my spell crit to 49%. After the 1.5 update, I'm wearing the same gear, using the same mundus stone, Mage Light is on, and my spell crit is at 34% .
    Anyone have similar issues with a loss of spell crit? Or ideas how I can get that crit back? I didn't see any mention of this in the patch notes, regarding traits or mundus stones.

Sitting around 50% and definitely getting fewer criticals than prior to 1.5.

My percentage shows correctly, but in practice, I am certainly not getting 50% crits.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS