The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alliance Point change from 11/3-11/5 to 11/6 known issue? (Dev response please)

Darklord_Tiberius
Darklord_Tiberius
✭✭✭✭
I just wanted to get some other opinions on this. When Phoenix Rising went PvPing Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we were receiving the typical amount of alliance points. When we ran our gank squads, again we were receiving the typical amount of alliance points per kill. Even going solo, I was still receiving the normal 600-1000 alliance points per kill depending on the players rank and level.

This morning however, I was doing plenty of solo ganking between Bleakers and Chal, but was only receiving 100-200 alliance points per kill. These fights were 1v1 and I had not killed them before, they were all fresh kills this morning. These fights were anywhere between a few minutes up to five minutes and I was fighting players with PvP ranks 17-24. Normally, I would receive 800-1000 alliance points per kill. Is there a change that was implemented or is something else going on?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax decided that ganking should be rewarded with less AP because of the 0 skill involved in hitting someone on a horse from stealth.

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif
    Edited by Maulkin on November 6, 2014 5:49PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously you did not read what I wrote, umadbrah? Your logic = running in a mindless zerg takes much more skill than a 1v1 fight, seems legit.
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax decided that ganking should be rewarded with less AP because of the 0 skill involved in hitting someone on a horse from stealth.

Best idea on the forums in the last 48 hours. If it's not intentional by ZOS it certainly should be.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

Best idea on the forums in the last 48 hours. If it's not intentional by ZOS it certainly should be.

I would have to say it is not a good idea. Many people play solo and/or small guilds roam Cyrodiil so to penalize them for PvPing in a PvP zone would be counter productive.

I think with the change of camps in Cyrodiil, this places the importance of attacking and defending with tactics at the top. Where as before a zerg could just charge a breach over and over until they won or a keep had so many defenders it made it nearly impossible to take with the lag. Also with the change to oil, we will not see those tower/ground farming groups. I think instead of deceasing alliance points for solo/small group kills, they should increase alliance points on objectives and attacking/defense ticks. The idea would be to encourage people to fight more on objectives.

Gank squads, though some people hate them, add a very important element to the battlefield. It is very practical to have small squads harass the enemy supply lines, ie reinforcements to the battle. There are plenty of ways around gank squads. Phoenix Rising has no issue with it, but that's because we are good players. These are all tactics each alliance can employ and use to help them push a specific battlefront. All three alliances have gank squads, that wont change. Whether it is intentional or not, I am wanting to know if anyone else has experienced a dip in alliance points either solo/team gains. From what people have been saying in zone chat there is a known issue about the change of AP, but I have yet to see anything posted in the forums about it.
    Options
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    *yawn* Another epeen thread with little motive for writing it. Sounds like somebody just wants the publicity of the Lord Fixate. Count how many times it says "Phoenix Rising" in this derpy derp.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    *yawn* Another epeen thread with little motive for writing it. Sounds like somebody just wants the publicity of the Lord Fixate. Count how many times it says "Phoenix Rising" in this derpy derp.

You are pathetic lol how is your mothers basement?
    Options
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice and warm, mommy bought me a new binky and bib. How is your delusions of grandeur?
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

birdpopcorn_zps8da7c11c.gif
    Edited by Armitas on November 6, 2014 8:11PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    nah hes right tho there definitely has been an adjustment to the amount of ap you get depending on ppls ranks.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Shameless quoting myself, I know, but I put that down as a joke and I've got 5 agrees already :joy:

I guess people really really hate gankers.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice and warm, mommy bought me a new binky and bib. How is your delusions of grandeur?

What delusions? I am a god.
    Options
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how long the person you were fighting has been alive. If they just spawned after dying at chal, then were riding from bleakers back to chal and have been alive for 60 seconds you arent going to get hardly anything.

This is why we would back off groups a lot who had just put down a forward camp. They need to be alive for a little bit before they are worth anything, so you disengage/kite them until they are.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why everyone hates ganks and gank squads. They are very easy to deal with. I rarely get killed by a gank anymore, but they are part of the game.

its a simple matter of convenience to beat them in a war of wits...if they fail to kill you in 2 seconds, their life expectancy just went down the drain because most of them are running the cookie cut Snipe + Poison Arrow/Injection and completely panic and mess their trousers when they don't kill you right away, Thus im playing my lute, and holding a funeral for the poor sap while standing over his corpse. :)

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    It depends on how long the person you were fighting has been alive. If they just spawned after dying at chal, then were riding from bleakers back to chal and have been alive for 60 seconds you arent going to get hardly anything.

This is why we would back off groups a lot who had just put down a forward camp. They need to be alive for a little bit before they are worth anything, so you disengage/kite them until they are.

Ok Ill have to try it out and that is a good logical explanation. I knew there was some type of diminishing return on getting AP from people, but I thought it was based on if it were someone I killed rather than a global cooldown. Thanks for the info.
    Options
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shameless quoting myself, I know, but I put that down as a joke and I've got 5 agrees already :joy:

I don't hate gankers at all, but it annoys me that they think coordinated groups are just "impulse spammers with no skill", while most gankers just spam snipe and pray for a kill.
    Edited by Leovolao on November 6, 2014 9:00PM
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
    Options
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok Ill have to try it out and that is a good logical explanation. I knew there was some type of diminishing return on getting AP from people, but I thought it was based on if it were someone I killed rather than a global cooldown. Thanks for the info.

No problem, I dont know the exact time to AP value ratio, But I believe after 2 and a half minutes its at least "decent" or like 50% AP.

Someone who enjoys testing that stuff may know better, thats about as detailed as I can get.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leovolao wrote: »

I don't hate gankers at all, but it annoys me that they think coordinated groups are just "impulse spammers with no skill", while most gankers just spam snipe and pray for a kill.

Well that's true, it's quite hypocritical, people with glass cannons houses should not throw stones.

As somebody who runs with a big train a few days per week, I'll have to make one concession though which is that being in an AoE train is indeed not the most skilled type of gameplay. Sure there's an element of coordination, practice and responsibility delegation. But, a lot rests with the leader who has to be good, while the group members' lives are very simple generally. Stick with the crown, spam AoEs and CCs, call your ultimate and activate synergies as you go along.

I think 1v1s (duels), solo play (not stealth-ganking) and small group vs the Zerg are far more challenging modes of combat. You have to manage all your resources a lot better and be much much faster with reactions and reading of visual/audio cues etc. I think they provide a better measurement of skill, personally.

The reason I still play with trains is because:
    a) I find it benefits my faction immensely and I have some pride faction in me.
    b) The community I belong to is a lot of fun. The banter you have being on TS with 20+ people is great.
    Edited by Maulkin on November 6, 2014 9:37PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik is right. Fresh respawns have diminishing returns on AP.

Of coarse there are some people worth killing over...and over... simply for the satisfaction.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

Of coarse there are some people worth killing over...and over... simply for the satisfaction.

I have a few of those on my list for each faction. Cannot wait for the justice system, I have a handful of Pact I will hunt because they are annoying (Insert Profanity) holes.
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, any "former emperor" is my first target. There are only a few legitimate emperors, and most of the farmed emps are scrubs.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously you did not read what I wrote, umadbrah? Your logic = running in a mindless zerg takes much more skill than a 1v1 fight, seems legit.

You 1vs1 when you gangage out of stealth? Lol

There are dueling tournaments on youtube go and see how 1vs1 is made
    What you do is only "WHAT YOU CAN DO" and nothing more lol

>pathetic ganking<
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

You 1vs1 when you gangage out of stealth? Lol

There are dueling tournaments on youtube go and see how 1vs1 is made
    What you do is only "WHAT YOU CAN DO" and nothing more lol

>pathetic ganking<

Yea, you are pathetic. Dont be to hard on yourself.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep, any "former emperor" is my first target. There are only a few legitimate emperors, and most of the farmed emps are scrubs.

This is why I wish the former emps had to have their campaign name in their title.

No one would give two bits of respect to "Former Emperor of Celarus" or "Former Emperor of Volendrung", where some of the farming happened. But "Former Emperor of Wabbajack"? That took work.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

This is why I wish the former emps had to have their campaign name in their title.

No one would give two bits of respect to "Former Emperor of Celarus" or "Former Emperor of Volendrung", where some of the farming happened. But "Former Emperor of Wabbajack"? That took work.

I've been saying this forever and I agree. Alas, it will never happen though lol
    Edited by Darklord_Tiberius on November 10, 2014 4:34PM
    Options