The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Twice-Born Star - Everything you need to know about double mundus

Gyudan
Gyudan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What it is:
yT4H8Xi.png

Twice-Born Star basically allows you to carry 2 different mundus boons on your character. For more info on mundus boons, follow this link.

How to craft it:
- you need 9 trait researchs completed on the item you want to craft
- go to the Atelier of the Twice-Born Star in Craglorn
UryZbJT.jpg

Q&A

Q: How do I activate the second mundus boon?
A: Simply go to one of the mundus stones and activate it. The boon will be added to your character's active effects.

Q: What happens if I remove one of the pieces and only have 4/5 items?
A: You lose the mundus boon and have to go back to the mundus stone to activate it.

Q: What happens if I'm using Twice-Born Star on a weapon and use weapon switch to my second bar?
A: As long as both setups contain 5 pieces of mundus, your second boon will stay. If you end up with less than 5, the second one will disappear.

Character sheet with the 2 mundus boons active:
UOPgfiZ.png
Wololo.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the mundus will most likely disappear when one piece breaks from damage too. That sounds annoying, especially since the whole seems not really that strong to begin with. Nice writeup though.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info and also, holy crud, all those softcaps! :open_mouth:
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that it doesn't remember the Mundus really kills the usibility of this set.
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    how much does the twice born star chest plate cost?
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingRebz wrote: »
    Depend on the marked and yes, the trait (divines is nice here), tempering also matter. if its bound its obviously worthless.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somewhere between nothing and your soul, depending on who your eso friends are.

@guybrushtb16_ESO : I considered testing what happens when the armor breaks but it's pretty obvious. Broken pieces are as good as being naked. They don't count as parts of the set and are susceptible to remove the second boon as well.
    It doesn't happen often though, PVP or PVE.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 4, 2014 11:01PM
    Wololo.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Somewhere between nothing and your soul, depending on who your eso friends are.

Looking at the guild kiosks right now; you might definitely want to stock up on souls.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the write-up! I might just try this.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • thesongoftimeb14_ESO
    Thanks for posting this. Does anyone know if and how you can remove the first mundus stone from the set if you change your mind? Every time I add a mundus, it replaces the second one, but I want to remove the first one.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that was certainly necromancy. To replace the first bonus, you would have to unequip the 5th item, change the base Boon without the set activated, re-equip it, and proceed to select your secondary stone.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything I wanted to know? So how do you bug it out and get five mundus stones without having this set on. Then, how do you leave that exploit in the game for months without fixing it?
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything I wanted to know? So how do you bug it out and get five mundus stones without having this set on. Then, how do you leave that exploit in the game for months without fixing it?

Cause not everybody has 9 traits xdd
  • thesongoftimeb14_ESO
    Erraln wrote: »
    Well, that was certainly necromancy. To replace the first bonus, you would have to unequip the 5th item, change the base Boon without the set activated, re-equip it, and proceed to select your secondary stone.

Haha, well thank you. Much appreciated and I don't know why I did not think of that. I also noticed I rehashed an old topic from almost a year ago, so my apologies for that as well.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOLY NECROBUMP BATMAN!

Dat Magic Recovery doe. =o

Edited by Xeven on September 24, 2015 9:31PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Q: What happens if I remove one of the pieces and only have 4/5 items?
    A: You lose the mundus boon and have to go back to the mundus stone to activate it.

aaaaand....I'm out.
    Edited by Armitas on September 24, 2015 9:58PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if you use DW with 2h as a buff bar, you cannot have 2 twice born weapons for dw because switching to 2h would remove the second mundus?

That really suck's. I was thinking about using Armour master with this set. Have 4 Armour master on Armour pieces and 1 2h, then i could proc the buff and switch back to 3 Armour pieces of twice born with 2 weapons.

Is it true that how this work's?
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 6, 2015 6:37AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been wanting to try this set out but I can not find a crafter that can make it. I am on PS4/NA/DC if anyone can do it. I will provide all mats and payment (your choice of gold or gear) Message DurzoBlint13 if interested
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they ban all that used the exploit to have more than 1 mundus active unless you have the full 5 of the Twice Born.

Tired of people using exploits to gain an advantage of others, and IMO should be removed from the game.

BYE to the exploiter's.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The exploit is long dead now. Banning the people that used the exploit would be difficult to track anyway
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    So if you use DW with 2h as a buff bar, you cannot have 2 twice born weapons for dw because switching to 2h would remove the second mundus?

That really suck's. I was thinking about using Armour master with this set. Have 4 Armour master on Armour pieces and 1 2h, then i could proc the buff and switch back to 3 Armour pieces of twice born with 2 weapons.

Confirm.
    Even worse, you lose the second mundus stone if any of your TBS pieces gets broken.

Sorry for necroing.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d8rmir wrote: »

Confirm.
    Even worse, you lose the second mundus stone if any of your TBS pieces gets broken.

Sorry for necroing.

Don't think so I have never lost it and my gear was completely broken quite often. Set bonuses arenot affected when the items break in general.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been wanting to try this set out but I can not find a crafter that can make it. I am on PS4/NA/DC if anyone can do it. I will provide all mats and payment (your choice of gold or gear) Message DurzoBlint13 if interested

Cool name. I haven't read the night angel series in awhile. Might have to re-read for the nostalgia.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »

Cool name. I haven't read the night angel series in awhile. Might have to re-read for the nostalgia.

Thanks man! Lol. I just finished my 4th reading of those books last week. Waiting on the next Lightbringer book now. Night Angel is one of my favorite series of all time
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that picture makes me miss softcaps lol
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww necropoast from back in da dey!! Lol. :-)
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a lighting staff in this set? I cant seem to find what kinda staffs this line has
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Is there a lighting staff in this set? I cant seem to find what kinda staffs this line has

Its a craft-able set so you can have any weapon with it

https://eso-sets.com/set/twice-born-star
    Edited by JamieAubrey on January 5, 2020 2:00AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC it has all the staves available. I've done some Master Writs for a staff or so for this set, not lightning specifically though. All you really need to do is go to the crafting area and check the woodworking station....

Um, quite another necro too....

If you don't want to go to Craglorn, you can always look it up on eso-sets.com
    Edited by Sylvermynx on January 5, 2020 2:03AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro of a necro....

How very meta🤣
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is nearly 5 years old we will be closing the discussion. If you are unable to find a recent discussion on this topic you are welcome to start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.