The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is the "Under Siege" quest broken or am I doing something wrong? (Solved)

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
I am at the part where I found Melita and Marre Hinault. When I find them, they are already turned into zombies or something, and I have to kill them (they are like mini bosses). After killing them the quest doesn't update and they re-appear again. So I can't advance in the quest at this point.

I'm not given the option to talk to them, so I assume that I have to kill them both to advance in the quest?
Edited by RSram on November 6, 2014 2:46AM
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, I had so many quests queued, that I didn't read the fine print to burn the bodies after killing them. That will teach me to read instead of click, click, click, click, next, next, OK, finish when doing quests. Also re-reading the quest log note helps :#

Since I used ranged attacks I never got close enough for the "burn the bodies" prompt to appear.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necroing this because it's still glitchy ...

I had to kill Melita FIVE times before the corpse was 'usable' to burn it. All five times I got Fighter's Guild credit (should have farmed it I guess, silly me for not thinking sooner :( ) but only on the last one could I interact with the corpse to burn it.

After kill 3 I tied the log-out-log-in trick but the corpse still couldn't be interacted with.
    Edited by Kragorn on February 28, 2015 11:41AM