The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add an effect to Carpentry, Metallurgy, and Stitching

Sordidfairytale
Sordidfairytale
✭✭✭✭✭
I am suggesting that they add an effect to the upper skill progression for the Carpentry, Metallurgy, and Stitching skill tree lines.

Basically accelerate the tiers as they are now and add an effect at the 4th skill point spent.

1 skill point = two traits reduce research time to the current 2 skill point level.
2 skill point = three traits reduce research time to the current 3 skill point level.
3 skill point = three traits reduce the research time to the current 4 skill point level.
4 skill point = reduce the number of materials required to craft an item to 75% of normal amount, reduce the research time a reasonable amount, return the item for decon as well.

As it is now, as soon as I'm done researching all my traits I'll spend the cash and release the 12 skill points I have in those skills. And really as much as Nirnhone is not dropping or based on the ridiculous prices of the upper trait materials. I might as well buy back the skill points once I have 8 traits researched.

I hope that there is an incentive introduced to keeping skill points in these skill lines.
The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    Noting there is meant to be a tenth trait coming.
    Will you respec and put the point back in again at that point?
    Curious , as I have. Been debating the same issue.
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
    Options
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tenth trait is a common trait material like the original 8 perhaps, but if they are difficult to find like Nirnhoned, then no.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tenth trait is a common trait material like the original 8 perhaps, but if they are difficult to find like Nirnhoned, then no.

I would almost bet money any future trait stones will only be found in their specific DLC zone. But that's just a guess from me.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I would almost bet money any future trait stones will only be found in their specific DLC zone. But that's just a guess from me.

Agreed. Also, the long research times and the amount of gold and resources you need to invest into maxing the crafting skills is what makes them so valuable, otherwise everyone would have all of the crafts maxed and there would be no economy around them.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make the 4th Level of those to allow both a 4th item to be researched and a reduction in material costs. This would help make a difference in keeping people skilled in that 4th point.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope that there is an incentive introduced to keeping skill points in these skill lines.

I have not put back the points into the Research Passives on any of my two crafters who know 8 traits. Even if I happen to get a Nirncrux item, I may not put the points back. Oh, wait, base is like 55 or 60 days for the 9th trait. OK, I will put the points back if I ever happen to find one. Since I don't do Equipment Writs, I don't see this ever happening.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options