The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf active effect 7 days?

Johnny_NO_skillz
Johnny_NO_skillz
✭✭✭
11:23AM in General Discussion - English
So this might be an odd situation.

I had a friend who was offering to give me a free Werewolf bite, but I only had one alt that was on his faction. This alt was only level 11. I've done the Werewolf quest before at 24, but I really don't want to have to blow through all that content and skip the lore of the game, just to get my alt to level 25 to do the quest, before the 7 day expiration wears off...

BUT... I had another alt bitten as a vampire, who I forgot about. I went back to him 10 days later and the timer looks as if it extended to like 30-50ish days... I forget which exactly.

Was this a bug, or is this working as intended?

Some players now tell me AFTER the 7 days you can still do the quest regardless...

Don't see the point in there being a timer anyway, in the lore, you aren't automatically cured if you wait it out ;)

Maybe the timer just signifies, you can't be bitten again, or by the opposite species?

Please only informed responses. I don't want this to be a "he said, she said" thread.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the timers get put on hold if you are not logged in. For example, I can build up my Hunter skill from the Fighters, then log out, then when I come back the next day see the effect. Now, I don't know if this just the sparkles on the end of my weapon or it's also the buff too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the bite just makes the quest giver visible to you for 7 days. Other than that, the quest works just like any other quest, meaning once you start it, it will stay in your quest log until you do it or abandon it, regardless of the 7 day timer.